The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Camilla to join royal family at Madame Tussaud's wax museum

Yeah, she made it!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh dear. Couldn't HRH have been spared this?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Oh dear. Couldn't HRH have been spared this?
Ha ha. Good point!

I'm surprised one hasn't been created already?
Old 06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtier

I´m sorry, why it is so bad to be at Madame Tussaud´s?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's great Camilla has got her place at Madame Tussaud's.
Right after their marriage, a spokesmn for Madame Tussaud's said she is not yet popular enough to get her place there.
Apparentely she is now!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 PM

Madame Tussaud's s wonderful if you've got glaucoma and can't actually see the waxworks. They famously look nothing like the people they're supposed to be. The Queen's waxwork looks like Ronnie Barker in drag. Let's hope they make a good job on Camilla's. It's a positive thing that she's got her place in the museum and I'm glad she has but this could be another horrible candle effigy.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Courtier

What excellent news! I found annoyed when some reporters made fun of the duchess by saying that she is not popular enough to have her waxwork in Madame Tussaud's.We will have a look at the new waxwork later but I wondering in which clothes she will wear. I wish the color match with the Prince's suits.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 PM

I imagine they'll put her in evening dress because the other Royals are. So I imagine it'll be based on the Norwegian State Banquet outfit complete with Delhi Durbar tiara.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal visit to children's hospice

Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall is set to visit an Oxfordshire hospice for sick children.

BBC NEWS | England | Oxfordshire | Royal visit to children's hospice
Old 06-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the Royal School in Hamstead,
June 28

Camilla with well behaving children
Fotobanka isifa image service

Watching children´s art

Camilla with flowers

With sweet pupils (See what is written on the pic!)

Saying hello
Old 06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
With sweet pupils (See what is written on the pic!)
How sweet! Thanks milla Ca
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
With sweet pupils (See what is written on the pic!) Fotobanka isifa image service
Thank you again for all the wonderful pictures milla Ca!
I certainly agree with what the girl had written.
And note what a smart girl she is, she even guessed the colour of the Duchess's outfut!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more pictures of the Duchess:

The Duchess of Cornwall talks with Elena Shamgunova, whose son Amir died aged 20 months ---> Picture

The Duchess of Cornwall talks with little Aisloin Briggs, patient at the centre ---> Picture

The Duchess of Cornwall applauds as Christopher Horth, a patient of the centre, plays billiard ---> Picture

The Duchess of Cornwall with Christopher Horth, a patient at the centre ---> Picture

And another picture of the Duchess of Cornwall drawn by the Royal School Year 3 pupil Shelly Razzaghi ---> Picture (I have to say, I prefer the real-life Duchess )

Gallery of Pictures from Abaca
Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 PM

We love the Duchess. Indeed we do.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:41 PM

Here (Abaca, Avalon's last post) that profile could as easily be her son tom's. Genetics are a mind-blowing matter sometimes.
Avalon, the third pic you posted makes the choice (for the poll) so much harder! Isn't that wonderful? If you don't choose it, I might, but I don't know, eleven pics (and your 20) oiy vei!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

One thing has come to me about Camilla using the Duchess of Cornwall title instead of Princess of Wales.

When something is named after her, using the title she uses, there will be no confusion in the future about whom it was named after.

Often people see 'Princess of Wales....' and automatically assume Diana these days but can we always be sure considering the ladies who have held that title over the years?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM

Chrissy, I have thought about the title issue a lot as well, and now I am coming to believe sincerely that Camilla has made the right choice, she was totally wise, I think, to go by Cornwall instead of Wales. This is what made me come to this decision: I feel that by going by Cornwall, she is disassociating from the "Diana" thing, and far from wanting to be anti-Diana, -- in fact I think Camilla is very evolved in her capacity for forgiveness and understanding -- I think that by going by Duchess rather than Princess, she is saying, "Hey, I am a different person. Diana was Diana. Camilla is Camilla. "I am me and I want to be who I am, and I don't want people saying, oh look there is the 'second Princess of Wales', compare her to the first (of their/our lifetime)." So I agree with you!
There is Diana, Princess of Wales, and now we have HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall. Amazing isn't it? That Prince Charles loved two women in his life, but two women who could not be more different?! And yet there are similarities, I suppose, but how great are the differences!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Chrissy, I have thought about the title issue a lot as well, and now I am coming to believe sincerely that Camilla has made the right choice, she was totally wise, I think, to go by Cornwall instead of Wales. This is what made me come to this decision: I feel that by going by Cornwall, she is disassociating from the "Diana" thing, and far from wanting to be anti-Diana, -- in fact I think Camilla is very evolved in her capacity for forgiveness and understanding -- I think that by going by Duchess rather than Princess, she is saying, "Hey, I am a different person. Diana was Diana. Camilla is Camilla. "I am me and I want to be who I am, and I don't want people saying, oh look there is the 'second Princess of Wales', compare her to the first (of their/our lifetime)." So I agree with you!
There is Diana, Princess of Wales, and now we have HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall. Amazing isn't it? That Prince Charles loved two women in his life, but two women who could not be more different?! And yet there are similarities, I suppose, but how great are the differences!
What makes you think the title choice was Camilla's? I'm sure that when the question of marriage came up the title issue was discussed with QE. I think the Queen may have made this a stipulation of her consent as there was a lack of enthusiasm at the time among her subjects for the marriage (IIRC 38% approval then). There might have been an uprising if they had announced yes they're getting married, she to be the new Ps of Wales and will be Queen. I dont think it was a matter of differentiating. JMO.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
What makes you think the title choice was Camilla's? I'm sure that when the question of marriage came up the title issue was discussed with QE. I think the Queen may have made this a stipulation of her consent as there was a lack of enthusiasm at the time among her subjects for the marriage (IIRC 38% approval then). There might have been an uprising
I don't think it was anything to do with HM, more likely it was advisors, with the agreement of Charles and Camilla. I honestly don't think the country would have 'risen up'.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
...There might have been an uprising if they had announced... she to be the new Ps of Wales and will be Queen.
I can remember when people were worried that the Monarchy would fade into irrelevance through public apathy.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall