The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:58 PM

Geez, Paul Burrell insulting Camilla's physical appearance like that is such a low blow. I guess the thread has moved on from it already but I just read that now. It's such a cheap shot to attack someone's physical appearance, and clearly it's the tactic of someone who has nothing substantial to say. He just wants to say things for the sake of it. Ick. You know, come to think of it, neither Prince Charles nor Camilla has ever done anything to deserve his tactics against them. I'd like to see Paul Burrell try to say something like that to her face instead of going around in the press. It's so cowardly, so sneaky, so underhanded. He would never have the gall to say any of that to her face, would he? She'd chase him down on her horse, no pun intended!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Lady Camilla

In a way she is "Lady Camilla". I know not exactly like that, but truly she is Lady Mountbatten-Windsor or Lady Windsor. It would have to be one of her many titles, considering Charles has umpteen orders of chivalry.
Obviously in the correct sense, Lady Camilla is not accurate, but if you think about it, it's not so far off the mark. Besides, it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Actually, Lady Milla sounds divine!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla is not Lady Mountbatten-Windsor or Lady Windsor. She is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall or HRH The Princess Charles, The Duchess of Rothesay.

She is not married to the son of a duke who is a great-grandson of a Sovereign. Nor is she a Mountbatten-Windsor, because she holds the qualification of a Royal Highness.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually Camilla does hold the surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, both she and Diana hold this surname.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Actually Camilla does hold the surname of Mountbatten-Windsor, both she and Diana hold this surname.
The surname only applies to those descendants of The Queen and Prince Philip who do not hold royal rank or a peerage. At this time, all of their children and grandchildren, with the obvious exception of Peter and Zara Phillips, are royal and titled.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some links
Mountbatten-Windsor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Surrey Coroner
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234

As Diana was divorced she ceased to be an HRH and therefore clearly needed a surname. She didn't choose, or make known, her desire to revert to her maiden name so, of course she had the married surname that Charles would have IF he had one at all but the Letters Patent make it very clear that he doesn't.

Gazette: Archive View=

"My descendants other than descendants
enjoying the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness and the titular dignity of Prince or Princess and
female descendants who marry and their descendants shall bear the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

This extract is very clear - those of the Queen's descendents who don't have the HRH Prince/Princess are the ones who use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

The fact that two of her children have had it put on their marriage certificates only shows that the people filling in the marriage certificates weren't fully aware of the LP or of the clear wording of that LP.

Camilla has the HRH and therefore has no need of a surname. Once Diana lost that HRH she needed a surname, which is why she would have Mountbatten-Windsor on her death certificate and at the inquest. The marital status of the two women must be considered when arguing the case for the surname with regard to both of them.

Obviously if someone like Beatrice or Eugenie were to give up the HRH for some reason, before marriage, then they take the Mountbatten-Windsor surname as what stops them having it, or using it now, is having the HRH.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana enjoyed the style of a divorcee ("Diana, Princess of Wales") with the titular dignity of a Princess. Although she no longer held royal rank, her surname was Princess of Wales, consistent with precedents in the peerage, until she remarried. As the fount of honour, The Queen made it clear she remained a member of the royal family with her former precedence.

She was never a Mountbatten-Windsor because she did not use a surname.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Gazette: Archive View=

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]
"My descendants other than descendants
enjoying the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness and the titular dignity of Prince or Princess and
female descendants who marry and their descendants shall bear the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

This extract is very clear - those of the Queen's descendents who don't have the HRH Prince/Princess are the ones who use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.
By this rule, Prince Charles never had the Mountbatten-Windsor name since he was always HRH Prince, and so diana never married into that name, and Diana is not a descendent anyway, so it never applied to her.
Likewise, now what branchq has been saying makes sense: Camilla and Charles are not M-W or Windsor because of their titles. I think the M-W name is going away, because the children of Beatrice and Eugenie will have their father's name, and so will the children of "Lady Louise" and the children of Zara. The children of Peter Phillips will have the Phillips name, and the children of William and Harry will be HRH Prince/Princess.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
By this rule, Prince Charles never had the Mountbatten-Windsor name since he was always HRH Prince, and so diana never married into that name, and Diana is not a descendent anyway, so it never applied to her.
Likewise, now what branchq has been saying makes sense: Camilla and Charles are not M-W or Windsor because of their titles. I think the M-W name is going away, because the children of Beatrice and Eugenie will have their father's name, and so will the children of "Lady Louise" and the children of Zara. The children of Peter Phillips will have the Phillips name, and the children of William and Harry will be HRH Prince/Princess.
Well, you know not every woman takes her husband's surname. Many of the people who do not will often hyphenate the child's last name so it might be Mountbatten-Windsor-X. Quite a mouthful, but that is what happens a lot, in the US anyway!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals

Milla Shand, the young debutante, was elegant in black silk and chiffon as she posed beside her formidable looking mother against a marble fireplace.

The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals | the Daily Mail

From the article

"A Channel 4 documentary depicted the Duchess as a "woman of easy virtue" whose lost virginity prevented her marrying Prince Charles in her youth".
I have watched the DVD through and it was only said by one person of no importance, not depicted by the documentary.

The article informs us that she lost her viginity on the night of her coming out ball, that Kevin Burke was her first love and then goes on to say that they don't even know if he was there! Diarist, Nigel Dempster, then claims, they (Burke) became lovers just days later, oh right, was it a spectator sport?

"A childhood friend, Broderick Munro-Wilson" recalled", he was one of the 'friends' from the ch4 programme.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Uh...why? Very tacky to revisit her youth and not all factual. Is this the same Channel 4 that's going to air Diana's last moments? Enough said!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

When i was in the Uk last month i watched on Channel 4 a documentary about `Charles` bachelor years`, it was the same gossip as i read now of the programme about Camilla. They don´t talk about facts and they interview people who don´t know the truth or don´t want to say it.
Maybe we can watch this documentary in German TV later, but i don´t know if i want to switch on the telly than, it´s not good for my blood pressure...
Old 06-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

So this Channel 4 is like the National Enquirer of television; trashy! Are they bent on a negative image for BRF or is it just if you are/were a Prince or Princess of Wales?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Channel 4 is like the national enquier, first they're showing pictures of the Princess of Wales in that mangeled car and now discussing when Camilla lost her virginity. Eww I don't won't to hear something like that.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM

And I'd like to know how they know. Was Alan Whicker under the bed?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing anything about Camilla's sex life.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

So could I even if it was proven or not. Very disgraceful. Does make you wonder how they (the media) will act when she becomes Queen.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I think I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing anything about Camilla's sex life.
I shouldn't worry, what was very clear from the ch4 programme and the Mail article, was they don't know anything either!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Courtier

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news

THOUSANDS applauded as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall today named Barrow’s newest nuclear submarine HMS Astute.

Referring to Prince Charles’ naval rank, she said: “As an admiral’s wife myself, I am more than delighted to be in Barrow today for the naming and launch of Astute.

She held a speech!! Imagine she was very nervously!

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall