The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle
Paul Burrell used to be Diana's rock,
Was he, or was that a self serving title he afforded himself after her death?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Was he, or was that a self serving title he afforded himself after her death?

I wish I could find a reference but I definitely am under the impression that Diana used those words herself before she died. I wish I could find a reference to that effect though.

Diana's mother admitted at his trial that Diana had used that term about Burrell but she also also said that Diana described quite a few people as 'my rock' not just Burrell. This was part of her testimony at Burrell's trial.

The Scotsman - Mother didn't talk to Diana for months

Old 05-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

She probably meant a rock around her neck! Everyone says things like 'you are a star', as FSK said, Diana used 'my rock' for many people.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Princess Di's former butler Paul Burrell recently crossed the royal line by comparing Prince Charle's current wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to a horse.urrell made the shocking statement when a reporter insisted that Prince Charles genuinely loves and cares for Camilla.

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!

Is this the second time he has done this or a re-print of the last time?
Old 05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Was there another time?? I don't remember that although with him anything is possible especially if money is involved. I do try to avoid reading about him. I always regret it. That article is just a reprint of when New of the World when did an undercover article on him . It hapened in the last few weeks.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paul is a very bitter and angry man who felt the royal family did not do enough to ensure his innocence. Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.
And it´s absolutely disgusting what he said about The Duchess of Cornwall.
But the best to do is to ignore him....
Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Paul is a very bitter and angry man who felt the royal family did not do enough to ensure his innocence. Very sad to see him betray his duty and the memory of The Princess.

He was a bitter man long before he was accused of stealing - and I must say I have yet to see a convincing reason for him taking anything that belonged to the Princess but that is another point.

He expected the RF to take care of him after the death of Diana and when they didn't (and why should they - he was her employee not theirs) and he was forced to actually seek new work he decided to betray his former employer and the family into which she married in order to continue to make money. He saw his chance and took it.

Personally I think the man is despicable and beneath contempt.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I could be having a 'senior moment' but did he not make similar/identical remarks last month? This is why i ask if it is a reprint. Skydragon, Beatrixfan you are more on top of this?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Besides that fact that he is trying to cash in on Diana's 10th Anniversary of her death. And, maybe he may be thinking that "he is still in a position" to make comments or opinions about the BRF. Over here in the US, the media makes him some sort of God who is like "related" to the RF just because he worked for them. He also needs to stay in the forefront because of his previous position keeps people interested in him, thus providing him an income.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
I could be having a 'senior moment' but did he not make similar/identical remarks last month? This is why i ask if it is a reprint.
The original story was apparently printed in the News of the World. I didn't see the article on here or on their site at the time, so I put it on when I saw it. From the article:-

"Burrell recently crossed the royal line" - the News of the World quoted Burrell, as saying.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Just found this side

Camilla Parker-Bowles - Stardoll - Your paperdoll heaven
Old 05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Camilla to name astute

BARROW’S new nuclear powered submarine will be named Astute by Lady Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, two weeks today. As predicted in the Evening Mail early this month Prince Charles’s wife will be the lady sponsor of the new Astute class of submarines, four of which are on order so far.

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news
Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM

nice pictures
Old 05-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

camilla 'will Be As Popular As Queen Mum'

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Camilla 'will be as popular as Queen Mum'
Old 05-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Nobility

It's terrible when the papers can't get titles right! Camilla is not Lady Camilla. She is the Duchess of Cornwall (in Scotland, the Duchess of Rothesay) or Princess of Wales, or Princess Charles. At a pinch she could be Princess Camilla (incorrect, should only be used for people like Anne and Alexandra of Kent, who are Princesses in their own right). This form was often use about Diana (Princess Diana) as was Lady Diana. But this latter was based on her title before she married (Lady Diana Spencer) because she was the daughter of an Earl.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall or, more formally, HRH The Princess Charles. Nothing else applies except in Scotland where she is The Duchess of Rothesay.

Her full royal title and style is currently HRH The Princess Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Rothesay.

Her full legal titles are HRH The Princess Charles, The Princess of Wales, The Countess of Chester, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Rothesay, The Countess of Carrick, Baroness Renfrew and Princess of Scotland.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It's Camilla

Barrow's top brass has promised Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, a right Royal welcome when she arrives to launch Astute.
Mayor Councillor Ken Williams is one of those lined up to meet the wige of the heir to the throne when she names Barrow's new nuke sub on June 8.
And he has promised that the town will embrace her with open arms.

Cllr Williams said: "I am ecstatic that someone like the Duchess of Cornwall has accepted the invitation to come to Barrow. I am sure Barrovians will greet her with open arms in their normal way."

BAE managing director Murray Easton said in a message to the yard workforce: "We are delighted with the announcement. We look forward to welcoming the Duchess to lead this celebration of the dedication and commitment of the whole workforce in successfully preparing the submarine for launch."
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

10.000 to see Astute launch

THE Royal roll-out of Barrow’s new £1.2bn submarine Astute will be watched at the shipyard by 10,000 people.
Hundreds more are expected to cram Michaelson Road bridge on Friday of next week to watch the gleaming black sub being named by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, emerge on the rails from the Devonshire Dock Hall

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news
Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20
It's terrible when the papers can't get titles right! Camilla is not Lady Camilla.
Well, I suppose it's marginally better than the papers who still call her Camilla Parker Bowles. At least this one's trying to get it right.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall