The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Mail has to find something to fill it's pages, they seem to forget that Camilla and Charles can only request the use of RAF Lyneham and if it had been considered frivolous by any senior aides, it would not have happened.

They don't have a clue what Charles said to Camilla, or Camilla said to Charles, unless their reporter has been bugging CH, oh no, that was the News of the World!

Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
He also crossed the line of human decency. This is beyond the pale.
Camilla would probably laugh, since she's so fond of horses. (And why won't this man go away??)

Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Nobility

Because he's like a bad penny! When you least expect it, Burrell rears his unwelcomed head.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
Because he's like a bad penny! When you least expect it, Burrell rears his unwelcomed head.

Just like a horse ....
Old 05-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Carbon footprint

Can I just say all this carbon footprint crap is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House. The papers are more focused on green issues and seem to forget about the costings of these trips which I assume is funded by the tax payer. Its a good spin that works.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanna
Can I just say all this carbon footprint crap is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House. The papers are more focused on green issues and seem to forget about the costings of these trips which I assume is funded by the tax payer. Its a good spin that works.
Camilla´s trip to greece is payed by Mr. Latsis. Its a private visit/holiday.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 PM

How about the flight upto Aberdeen last month? No mention of tax payers money, only cabon footprint!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince Charles's official duties are funded mostly from the Duchy of Cornwall income, not by taxpayers' money. Some of his official duties are funded by Parliamentary Grants-in-Aid, as is the case for other senior royals. According to the Royal Family website, the Prince uses Duchy of Cornwall income to pay for some of the expenses of his official duties as well as his private and charitable expenses.

The Monarchy Today > Royal finances > Financial arrangements of The Prince of Wales
The Prince of Wales - Finances
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/cont...appendices.pdf (pdf file)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Can I just say all this carbon footprint c**p is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House.
I offset any flights I make, we know that Charles and Camilla do the same.

The taxpayer does not pay for private visits.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I offset any flights I make, we know that Charles and Camilla do the same.

The taxpayer does not pay for private visits.
How does one 'offset' flights made?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
How does one 'offset' flights made?
There are many schemes people can use.

Climate Care

growaforest

Carbon Neutral - The CarbonNeutral Company
Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla's Holiday Fuels More Controversy

The Royalist - Camilla's Holiday Fuels More Controversy
Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Controversy? Where? We haven't heard a thing about it on the BBC etc. As usual 'The Royalist' finds another excuse to have a Camilla-bash and claim it as a national protest when the nation really couldn't care less whether HRH goes for a paddle in the Med or not.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

What will the media think of next.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

By George, Havers has got his girl | the Daily Mail
Go to the bottom.
CH.4 is doing a piece on Camilla. If Ch.4's piece on Charles was any example, Oh God :(
Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Nobility

I sometimes wish the life styles of the media personnel could be looked into. Do you tell me that journalists/subs/editors/photographers never use cars, trains, planes, ferries, etc. Do they all walk and cycle and only go on holiday to the next door village.

Excuse me venting my annoyance - but they are really all sooooo petty!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Sorry, I'm confused. We dont really have this in the US, so I dont understand. C and her 2 friends and security agents are on the lastis yahgt which uses 100 gallons of oil per hour cruising and rents for $100,000 per week and went by private jet I think, yes? When I clicked on climate care link above and enered a round tip from London to Athens round trip for three (public airlines) it calculated the payment as E$11. how can that be right/ What am I doing wrong in this calculation? I'm not saying this to be a pill; I really dont get it!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Sorry, I'm confused. We dont really have this in the US, so I dont understand. C and her 2 friends and security agents are on the lastis yahgt which uses 100 gallons of oil per hour cruising and rents for $100,000 per week and went by private jet I think, yes? When I clicked on climate care link above and enered a round tip from London to Athens round trip for three (public airlines) it calculated the payment as E$11. how can that be right/ What am I doing wrong in this calculation? I'm not saying this to be a pill; I really dont get it!
I don't think you are doing anything wrong and you are certainly not being a pill. When they calculate for a scheduled flight, they take into account the 'normal' plane used and the amount of people it carries, if it's full. If you are using scheduled flights, it can be quite a reasonable cost. (they normally use the money to plant tree's).

The whole reason they are trying to make a big deal out of Camilla's flight and cruise, is that it leaves a bigger 'footprint' than if she had used a scheduled flight. I would imagine that Camilla and Charles (their staff at least) give them the details of the plane, the amount of people being carried, the amount of expected fuel usage and all the details, so that the scheme they use can calculate the cost. That is certainly what we do if we are not using a scheduled flight.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now I see. Thanks for the information. If they are using the money to plant trees,I assume for the co to o, I guess one could bypass a step and just plant x number of trees on one's own?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Paul Burrell used to be Diana's rock,now he's turned into a disaster!Ever since he was fired from his job with the Diana project(keeping her charities public,the memorials,et c.) he's been trying to make as much money as possible off of the Royal Family!Diana had gotten over her animosity against Camilla at the time of her death...why is Burrell fanning the fires---money! Can someone please stop this man?It's terrible watching someone self-destruct in public like this!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall