The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
News of the World: News

Here is the original source.Apparently Burrell was set up by a reporter. LOL idiot.
I used to think he was just sad and pathetic, someone who was just desperate to keep his 15 minutes to keep selling his wine or whatever to the Diana obsessed fans(who else would buy that stuff he peddles), but apparently he is also a fool.
It truly is a pity he wasn't fired by Diana before she died.
Pity he doesn't leave the royals alone particularly Camilla but then god forbid he wouldn't even have his so-called "career".

His comment about Camilla wasn't necessary, neither she or Charles made a negative comment about him. I've never and never will like her but she didn't deserve this kind of verbal abuse. He not only attacked Camilla he attacked Fergie, Earl Spencer (who deserves to be attacked) and the Al Fayeds. This man is a firecracker.

He's an oxygen thief. Ignore him.

I loathe and detest the man but...

Do we have another source for these comments besides The News of the World?

From my knowledge if the News of the World told me the sky was blue I would go outside and check.

I do think him capable of these sorts of comments but I would like to see another, more reputable, source also saying that he said these things.

They published the tapes of that conversation on the net. Just follow the link supplied. I don't think somebody would go as far as faking such tapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt Bag

Well we knew what kind of person he was when he wrote that book about Diana.:eek: :eek:

And how many corporate and/or private jets take off daily?:ermm: There would have been complaints even on a scheduled flight (taking up too many seat in first class, etc) just like their trip to Philly.:D
Too bad the Britannia has been retired, maybe enough time to make it to the Med, turn around and return to GB. :)

I posted the mail article only because I thought it was interesting she went on a cruise and it was the only article on it that I have seen on it.

The carbon footprint thing -please they always attack C+C about how green they actually are.

Short of Their Royal Highnesses [disgracing themselves at] the President of Lithuania's dinner table, there isn't much left for the press to find fault with in Charles and Camilla. I'm just glad that they ignore them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mail has to find something to fill it's pages, they seem to forget that Camilla and Charles can only request the use of RAF Lyneham and if it had been considered frivolous by any senior aides, it would not have happened.

They don't have a clue what Charles said to Camilla, or Camilla said to Charles, unless their reporter has been bugging CH, oh no, that was the News of the World! :rolleyes:

:duchyofcornwall:

AuroraB said:
He also crossed the line of human decency. This is beyond the pale. :mad: :furious: :bang:

Camilla would probably laugh, since she's so fond of horses. (And why won't this man go away??)

Because he's like a bad penny! When you least expect it, Burrell rears his unwelcomed head. :D

AuroraB said:
Because he's like a bad penny! When you least expect it, Burrell rears his unwelcomed head. :D

Just like a horse ....:D

Carbon footprint

Can I just say all this carbon footprint crap is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House. The papers are more focused on green issues and seem to forget about the costings of these trips which I assume is funded by the tax payer. Its a good spin that works.

ntanna said:
Can I just say all this carbon footprint crap is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House. The papers are more focused on green issues and seem to forget about the costings of these trips which I assume is funded by the tax payer. Its a good spin that works.

Camilla´s trip to greece is payed by Mr. Latsis. Its a private visit/holiday.

How about the flight upto Aberdeen last month? No mention of tax payers money, only cabon footprint!

ntanna said:

Prince Charles's official duties are funded mostly from the Duchy of Cornwall income, not by taxpayers' money. Some of his official duties are funded by Parliamentary Grants-in-Aid, as is the case for other senior royals. According to the Royal Family website, the Prince uses Duchy of Cornwall income to pay for some of the expenses of his official duties as well as his private and charitable expenses.

The Monarchy Today > Royal finances > Financial arrangements of The Prince of Wales
The Prince of Wales - Finances
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/content/documents/AR_2006_appendices.pdf (pdf file)
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4967.asp

ntanna said:
Can I just say all this carbon footprint c**p is a very clever spin by Paddy Hareveson at Clarence House.
I offset any flights I make, we know that Charles and Camilla do the same.

The taxpayer does not pay for private visits.

Skydragon said:
I offset any flights I make, we know that Charles and Camilla do the same.

The taxpayer does not pay for private visits.
How does one 'offset' flights made?

Controversy? Where? We haven't heard a thing about it on the BBC etc. As usual 'The Royalist' finds another excuse to have a Camilla-bash and claim it as a national protest when the nation really couldn't care less whether HRH goes for a paddle in the Med or not.

I sometimes wish the life styles of the media personnel could be looked into. Do you tell me that journalists/subs/editors/photographers never use cars, trains, planes, ferries, etc. Do they all walk and cycle and only go on holiday to the next door village.

Excuse me venting my annoyance - but they are really all sooooo petty!

Skydragon said:
Sorry, I'm confused. We dont really have this in the US, so I dont understand. C and her 2 friends and security agents are on the lastis yahgt which uses 100 gallons of oil per hour cruising and rents for $100,000 per week and went by private jet I think, yes? When I clicked on climate care link above and enered a round tip from London to Athens round trip for three (public airlines) it calculated the payment as E$11. how can that be right/ What am I doing wrong in this calculation? I'm not saying this to be a pill; I really dont get it!

Last edited:
scooter said:
Sorry, I'm confused. We dont really have this in the US, so I dont understand. C and her 2 friends and security agents are on the lastis yahgt which uses 100 gallons of oil per hour cruising and rents for $100,000 per week and went by private jet I think, yes? When I clicked on climate care link above and enered a round tip from London to Athens round trip for three (public airlines) it calculated the payment as E$11. how can that be right/ What am I doing wrong in this calculation? I'm not saying this to be a pill; I really dont get it!
I don't think you are doing anything wrong and you are certainly not being a pill. When they calculate for a scheduled flight, they take into account the 'normal' plane used and the amount of people it carries, if it's full. If you are using scheduled flights, it can be quite a reasonable cost. (they normally use the money to plant tree's).

The whole reason they are trying to make a big deal out of Camilla's flight and cruise, is that it leaves a bigger 'footprint' than if she had used a scheduled flight. I would imagine that Camilla and Charles (their staff at least) give them the details of the plane, the amount of people being carried, the amount of expected fuel usage and all the details, so that the scheme they use can calculate the cost. :flowers: That is certainly what we do if we are not using a scheduled flight. :angel:

Last edited:
Now I see. Thanks for the information. If they are using the money to plant trees,I assume for the co to o, I guess one could bypass a step and just plant x number of trees on one's own?

Paul Burrell used to be Diana's rock,now he's turned into a disaster!Ever since he was fired from his job with the Diana project(keeping her charities public,the memorials,et c.) he's been trying to make as much money as possible off of the Royal Family!Diana had gotten over her animosity against Camilla at the time of her death...why is Burrell fanning the fires---money!:ermm: Can someone please stop this man?It's terrible watching someone self-destruct in public like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom