The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Just to be pedantic, Sara has kept her own name and is known as Sara Buys, not Sara Parker-Bowles.
Thanks. That's interesting to know.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Courtier

There is an article in the Daily Mail which has a photo of the couple, who are listed as the Parker-Bowles.

Sara may prefer to be known as Buys but the press has their own idea of course!

Old 03-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
There is an article in the Daily Mail which has a photo of the couple, who are listed as the Parker-Bowles.

Errr no. The online version of the Daily Mail refers to them as

Quote:
Camilla's son, Tom Parker Bowles, has confirmed that his wife, fashion journalist Sara Buys, is three months pregnant with their first child.
Under the picture they are listed as Tom and Sarah ( incorrect spelling of her name) no surname.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal couple to become grandparents

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to become grandparents.
Tom Parker Bowles, Camilla's son, confirmed to the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he and fashion journalist wife Sarah Buys are expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them all!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Royal Highness

Wonderful news!
Congratulations to the parents and grandparents in spe!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Laura Lopez

Isn't Laura Lopez pregnant too ?
She looked very pregnant to me on the pic when she visited her mother at the hospital
Old 03-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
Isn't Laura Lopez pregnant too ?
She looked very pregnant to me on the pic when she visited her mother at the hospital
There has not been any announcement regarding Laura, I think it was just a gust of wind billowed out her top.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Courtier

I am very happy for parents and the grandparents. And the baby will be born in the year of pig just like Camilla. Congratulations and can't wait to see the unborn baby!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona

To my mind she may chose to be "Buys" professionally but her married name is Parker-Bowles & that will be the name of her child.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

A quote from this article about the hospital food Camilla did not want to eat:
" the kitchen is presided over by a chef who was trained by Jamie Oliver." -

LOL! That made my day. I'd prefer my own cooking (or that of my own chef if I had one) anytime to that of a "chef trained by Jamie".... Really, Jamie may be a public success but he simply is not a superior chef. And all who have a bit of knowledge of cooking know that - so probably Tom Parker-Bowles as well. No wonder his mother decided to bring her own.

BTW - I'm glad to read that noone is planning Camilla's funeral. So much for the cancer-rumours....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I am very happy for parents and the grandparents. And the baby will be born in the year of pig just like Camilla. Congratulations and can't wait to see the unborn baby!
A description of 'year of the pig' people.

The Year of the Pig

Seems to describe some of the Camilla we all know.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Royal couple to become grandparents

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to become grandparents.
Tom Parker Bowles, Camilla's son, confirmed to the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he and fashion journalist wife Sarah Buys are expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them all!
such good news! i'm sure camilla must be thrilled.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
To my mind she may chose to be "Buys" professionally but her married name is Parker-Bowles & that will be the name of her child.
Oh Wymanda, you're opening a can of worms with those of us who kept our maiden name when we married! Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.
Here in the UK, a child automatically takes the name of the father if the parents are married or if unmarried, with the fathers permission. AFAIK, the only time Sarah uses her maiden name, is when she is doing her job, Tom is a well known food writer, so there is no notoriety there.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Here in the UK, a child automatically takes the name of the father if the parents are married or if unmarried, with the fathers permission. AFAIK, the only time Sarah uses her maiden name, is when she is doing her job, Tom is a well known food writer, so there is no notoriety there.
She meant prominence, surely....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Tom and Sarah are married and their surname is Parker Bowles. Surely the child will have the same name.
What´s the problem?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Oh Wymanda, you're opening a can of worms with those of us who kept our maiden name when we married! Not everyone takes their huband's name. Especially if that name has some notoriety attached to it . Also, in the US when a woman has a child, the child automatically has the woman's last name unless she indicates something different when filling out the birth certificate.
I seriously don't think Sarah will intentionally leave Tom's name off the birth certificate as father of her child.

Do you seriously believe that scooter or are you raising an hypothetical situation?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Courtier

These are great news! Camilla a grandma ! I bet it will be a boy.

Everywhere in the news Charles is named as grandpa. Ok, he will be very happy, too. And somehow it is his grandchild. But, what´s with APB? He is forgotten by the press.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
These are great news! Camilla a grandma ! I bet it will be a boy.

Everywhere in the news Charles is named as grandpa. Ok, he will be very happy, too. And somehow it is his grandchild. But, what´s with APB? He is forgotten by the press.
Charles is Tom's godfather and stepfather, of course he must be thrilled. But Tom's father is Andrew, and I hope he will be a true loving grand-father for the baby.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I seriously don't think Sarah will intentionally leave Tom's name off the birth certificate as father of her child.

Do you seriously believe that scooter or are you raising an hypothetical situation?
Oh, I wasn't suggestiong anything of the kind. When I had my daughter 4 years ago, My legal name was Ms. K and my husband is Mr. N the baby was automatically Baby K until I filled out the birth certificate and put her down as Baby N using K for the middle name. In the US when you get married they ask on the license what name you are planning to use. And it's still not a legal change until you change your Social Security and passport. As to the other, notority was a poor choice. Perhaps I should have said instantly identifed?

By the way, just to be clear I think it's great for the whole family!

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall