The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

´Hospital was dismayed´

The Duchess of Cornwall took her own mattress with her when she went into hospital, it has been claimed .

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...255620,00.html

Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

good for her! better than it all showing up on ebay!

Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
´Hospital was dismayed´
The Duchess of Cornwall took her own mattress with her when she went into hospital, it has been claimed.
What, not an unnamed source or hospital spokesman. I can't see Charles giving up their super king size, even for four days! When she left the hospital in the evening, what did she lay on all day?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
good for her! better than it all showing up on ebay!
It's extremely hoighty-toighty, but you have a good point about ebay.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry, but i don´t think that something from a Royal visitor at that private hospital would find a way to Ebay.
I understand that Camilla wanted to have her stay there as comfortable as possible.
But first the article about the ´flighing shoes´ and now the one about her own mattress and home cooked meals in hospital...
Okay,there is no serious source, so i don´t want to comment serious.
But if the stories are true, it is a bit to much for me...and too much for a Duchess ´down to earth´...
Or maybe this kind of reports are made to support Channel 4 and others?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Even if the stories are true, where is the problem? If they are paying for their luxury everything is alright, I think. The shoes were flying by scheduled flight, it was payed for sure. The room at the hospital was 500 pounds a night, why she shouldn´t get it as comfortable as possible? If I had the money for that, I would do the same. I hate to sleep in hospitals or hotels, even if they are best categories. Charles has the money and he loves to give Camilla everything possible. For me it´s okay.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

IMO Richard Kay (which was the original source on the Camilla bed story) has good sources/gossip but his stories are like a puzzle. The events did happen but not necessarily in the way Richard tells the story from what I have noticed about his stories over the years.. Somehow I suspect Charles either suggested it to Camilla or he just had it done. Charles always does that for himself when goes to hospital.(the bed, lines food etc.) And Charles is very protective and caring of Camilla, he wouldn't think twice of making sure his wife was given the same comfort.

But Milla Ca has a very good point. Who is doing all these anti- Camilla/Charles stories, it almost seems a theme lately? Is it due to CH.4 or someone else?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

I said, i understand, that Camilla wanted to have it comfortable in hospital, and i know that Charles has the money to pay for it...
But the two stories paint the pic of a wasteful or extravagant Duchess, and the people just start to love Camilla for being more down to earth...
I love her dearly, that´s why my alarm bells are ringing when i read these articles.
But again: We don´t know if there is something true about it, so maybe we shouldn´t dicuss it so seriously.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
´Hospital was dismayed´

The Duchess of Cornwall took her own mattress with her when she went into hospital, it has been claimed .

Sky News: 'Hospital Was Dismayed'
They also mentioned that this is the privilege that was also granted the Queen, the Queen Mother, and Princess Margaret during their hospital stays.

So do we know that Camilla herself requested the special treatment or rather was it standard agreement between the hospitals and the Royals which Camilla may or may not have known about before?

If it was standard operating procedure, I can't believe the hospital was dismayed but perhaps an employee of the hospital was dismayed and spoke to the press.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

For Australian members who will know who I'm talking about, it was said that Kerry Packer had similar arrangements as to bed, meals, valet etc when he was in hospital in Sydney (at both St Vincents and Royal Prince Alfred), so it's no big deal in the scheme of things.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really can't see what all the fuss is about. She paid for the privilage of using this hospital and if she chose to have a bed provided from Clarence House, instead of one dozens of people had (not) slept in, good for her. If she had asked for a reduction in the fee because she was providing her own linen, bed and meals, I could see there might be something to complain about but....

We should show this article and it's writer the contempt they deserve!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Vintage to meet ethnic in Camilla's wardrobe

We can expect to see a hint of vintage and ethnic details in the Duchess of Cornwall's wardrobe this season

Vintage to meet ethnic in Camilla's wardrobe | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lets hope her new wardrobe looks nice and apporiate and not a waste of money.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs down

Again the ´ Daily Mail´, again Richard Kay...

Is Camilla becoming just a little to grand?

Is Camilla becoming just a little too grand? | the Daily Mail

I only decided to post this article because i´m so upset after reading this gossip , that you should share it with me...and maybe calm down me a bit, please...
Okay, we know the Daily Mail and we know Kay, but this is a negativ highlight again.
In every sentences he wrote you can read his thoughts that he wants to tell us that Camilla has not the right to behave like a Royal, and not the right to be a Royal.
All his arguments he told us to answer his question in the headline with a´ yes´ are without any meaning.
She eats healthy food and is to grand?
She gives instructions to her staff and is therefor to grand?
She likes to support her husband and is to grand?
I can not bear it anymore!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Lets hope her new wardrobe looks nice and apporiate and not a waste of money.
So far, the Duchess looked great in all Robinson/Valentine designs, i don´t know why it should change. And so it will never be a waste of money!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

A leopard won't change his spots and I'm afraid Richard will always be Richard.

I think he's still grasping for another meal ticket.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

One of the main points to remember milla Ca, is that Camillas friends/close circle have never been known to speak out or make any derogatory statements or comments. Unlike Kay, they know Camilla.

With regards to any possible funeral, although it is known that civil servants do meet to discuss such things, I would find it strange if they needed to have 'in depth' discussions on plans that have been agreed on (in the main) a long time ago. As for the comment that 'the Queen does not think it appropriate', who is the senior figure, which courtiers. Remember, they had no plans for Di, it hadn't been discussed and that was before the divorce!

Kay is fond of saying that Camilla only had one smart dress, where does he get this from, even before the wedding we saw Camilla in more than one smart outfit, I wonder how many hunt or polo balls he was invited to, to state this, how many times did he see her going to the bank, her solicitor, 3 hour lunches with friends?

Even his hospital story is a pathetic attempt to make her seem 'demanding'. The majority of people I know who have been into hospital (private or NHS) have complained about the food and had their relatives provide things they actually eat! Hospitals are not like a restaurant, where you can leave if you don't like what is on the menu!

He lost his meal ticket when Di died, all he is doing is clinging on by his grimy fingertips.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

There are rumours on the "British Royal Message Board" that Sara Parker-Bowles is expecting. Has anyone here heard anything?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

It is confirmed in this article

World Exclusive: Delighted Duchess to become a grandma | the Daily Mail
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
There are rumours on the "British Royal Message Board" that Sara Parker-Bowles is expecting. Has anyone here heard anything?
Just to be pedantic, Sara has kept her own name and is known as Sara Buys, not Sara Parker-Bowles.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall