The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 6: March-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hysterectomy is a huge operation for any woman and I just hope Camilla is well-rested before she even considers coming back to work.

RubyPrincess168 said:
I wonder what Charles' bedside manner is like, or if he leaves her alone and lets the staff attend to her.
The staff prefer to be left to deal with everything, in private hospitals. Charles will only be there to talk and 'entertain' Camilla. I can't quite see him dashing to get a commode! :lol: Thankfully this operation seems to have been as routine as CH and most women who have gone through it have said. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
The staff prefer to be left to deal with everything, in private hospitals. Charles will only be there to talk and 'entertain' Camilla. I can't quite see him dashing to get a commode! :lol: Thankfully this operation seems to have been as routine as CH and most women who have gone through it have said. :flowers:

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well;most women I know who had the operation said that they were well rid of "the thing".None of my friends had cancer and were just feeling unwell from fibroids or endometriosis.

God Grant The Princess of Wales a speedy recovery :)

Royal Fan said:
God Grant The Princess of Wales a speedy recovery :)
Yes I hope The Duchess of Cornwall has a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
And I hope that Camilla has a speedy recovery. So we're all happy.

Get well soon

I'am so glad everything went well for the duchess, i hope her recovery will be a fast one.

milla Ca said:
Camilla visited in hospital by sister
Tuesday, 6th March

Life Style Extra

It is driving me mad that almost 2 yrs after the wedding she is still refferred to as Camilla Parker Bowles :bang:

I'm sure the Pope gets annoyed too when he's referred to as Cardinal Ratzinger, 2 years later.

BeatrixFan said:
I'm sure the Pope gets annoyed too when he's referred to as Cardinal Ratzinger, 2 years later.

Now we know that Duchess of Cornwall and His Holiness have something in common :lol:

AgnesK said:
It is driving me mad that almost 2 yrs after the wedding she is still refferred to as Camilla Parker Bowles :bang:
I'm with you AgnesK! I have noticed that the US newspapers and magazines in particular seem to refer to Camilla in this way, and I can't help thinking that it is meant to be a tacit insult! :censored:

I also noticed that she is often still referred to as Camilla Parker-Bowles. I think it is incredibly rude, and it must indeed be an insult. I know she has chosen to not be referred to as the Princess of Wales (although the title is hers), they need to accord her the same respect they would any other member othe family. I never see the Countess of Wessex being referred to as Sophie Rhys-Jones. It is really just a very rude thing to do.

Very happy for her. I think it is a very painful operation and the pain lasts long

Unfortunately, CP-B is how most of the world knows her.

Granted, The Duchess of Cornwall, the former CP-B is how the worldwide press ought to refer to her (as it will ease the transition into people knowing her as DoC) but what the media should do and what they actually do print/air/release is often at odds.

There isn't enough money in plain fact. And Truth...depends on the angle.

hornsen said:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy - International Herald Tribune

Wow, thats the reason Charles looked happier today...Why he visited her today? I think to tease the press. Good luck she is recovering so well...:flowers:

I´m waiting for that wonderful news! So glad to hear it!:flowers:

Camilla leaves hospital after op

BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla leaves hospital after op

The Prince of Wales collected his wife from London´s King Edward VII hospital and returned home.

Last edited:
I think I've seen that (above article) photo before but it looks enough like she's leaving through a lot to a waiting car (the lighting) that the Mirror might be trying to recycle and look current.

You're spot on. The pic is from TRH visit to the Jewish Museum. :flowers:

Suonymona said:
I think I've seen that (above article) photo before but it looks enough like she's leaving through a lot to a waiting car (the lighting) that the Mirror might be trying to recycle and look current.
Yes, I thought it looked familiar, which is why I put 'appears to be'. I see AuroraB has remembered where we saw the picture for us! :flowers:

Actually, I didn't remember. I cheated. The Scotsman carried the "home from the hospital" article and correctly identified where the photo was actually taken. :)

I wonder if any photographers got pictures of Camilla coming or going to the hospital. Although I assume some must have on principle but I have yet to see any... I assume that was part of the reason Camilla came and went in the night.

cde said:
I wonder if any photographers got pictures of Camilla coming or going to the hospital. Although I assume some must have on principle but I have yet to see any... I assume that was part of the reason Camilla came and went in the night.
I think so, too. Camilla is a very private person and Charles or the staff wanted to spare it her. Ok, arriving to hospital she´d probably beared. But departing I think not. Can imagine she didn´t look at her best. And in groggy health to bear the flashlights...? It was a good decision from Clarence House.

Last edited:
DAILY MAIL
Assault on our womanhoodBy LUCY ELKINS

As Camilla has a hysterectomy - one of 40,000 women to lose their wombs each year - do doctors realise the shattering emotional impact of an operation that is often utterly unnecessary?

I found this article interesting...it seems a lot of the time the tabloids seem to be of the opinion that the Royal Family are stuffy and cold because they don't cry at the drop of a hat and therefore, they can't possibly have the common touch or know what everyday normal people go through.

Yet Camilla is going through an operation that thousands of normal, everyday women go through each year, and her experience has prompted this writer to use the occasion to talk about women's experiences in general when going through this increasingly common procedure.

MARG said:
I'm with you AgnesK! I have noticed that the US newspapers and magazines in particular seem to refer to Camilla in this way, and I can't help thinking that it is meant to be a tacit insult! :censored:

I'm not sure if it's deliberate insult or a way to remind people here who she is. We don't get much royal news in the US so people wouldn't know who the Duchess of Cornwall is unless they're royal watchers.

I also wondered if that was a possibility, Chiyo.

Sure, Americans are familiar with the British RF but its not as if the Duchess of Cornwall is herself, an every day topic of conversation :)

Many would still be familiar with her former name I would imagine.

Chiyo I have to agree with you. It annoys me also but I think the average person in America only loosely knows the RF and needs to be reminded of the players. ( Diana being a seperate case) Besides, when the press wants to insult Camilla in my experience they just do it outright still. :(
Personally when I got interested in Charles and Camilla, I didn't even bother trying to keep up on them with American sources. It is very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom