The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 AM

I'm sure the Pope gets annoyed too when he's referred to as Cardinal Ratzinger, 2 years later.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'm sure the Pope gets annoyed too when he's referred to as Cardinal Ratzinger, 2 years later.
Now we know that Duchess of Cornwall and His Holiness have something in common

Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
It is driving me mad that almost 2 yrs after the wedding she is still refferred to as Camilla Parker Bowles
I'm with you AgnesK! I have noticed that the US newspapers and magazines in particular seem to refer to Camilla in this way, and I can't help thinking that it is meant to be a tacit insult!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

I also noticed that she is often still referred to as Camilla Parker-Bowles. I think it is incredibly rude, and it must indeed be an insult. I know she has chosen to not be referred to as the Princess of Wales (although the title is hers), they need to accord her the same respect they would any other member othe family. I never see the Countess of Wessex being referred to as Sophie Rhys-Jones. It is really just a very rude thing to do.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy - International Herald Tribune

Wow, thats the reason Charles looked happier today...Why he visited her today? I think to tease the press. Good luck she is recovering so well...
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very happy for her. I think it is a very painful operation and the pain lasts long
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Unfortunately, CP-B is how most of the world knows her.

Granted, The Duchess of Cornwall, the former CP-B is how the worldwide press ought to refer to her (as it will ease the transition into people knowing her as DoC) but what the media should do and what they actually do print/air/release is often at odds.

There isn't enough money in plain fact. And Truth...depends on the angle.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves hospital, 'recovering well' after hysterectomy - International Herald Tribune

Wow, thats the reason Charles looked happier today...Why he visited her today? I think to tease the press. Good luck she is recovering so well...
I´m waiting for that wonderful news! So glad to hear it!

Camilla leaves hospital after op

BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla leaves hospital after op

The Prince of Wales collected his wife from London´s King Edward VII hospital and returned home.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only reason for posting this article is that there appears to be a photo.

Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - CAMILLA IS HOME AFTER OP
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Courtier

I think I've seen that (above article) photo before but it looks enough like she's leaving through a lot to a waiting car (the lighting) that the Mirror might be trying to recycle and look current.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Nobility

You're spot on. The pic is from TRH visit to the Jewish Museum.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
I think I've seen that (above article) photo before but it looks enough like she's leaving through a lot to a waiting car (the lighting) that the Mirror might be trying to recycle and look current.
Yes, I thought it looked familiar, which is why I put 'appears to be'. I see AuroraB has remembered where we saw the picture for us!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Actually, I didn't remember. I cheated. The Scotsman carried the "home from the hospital" article and correctly identified where the photo was actually taken.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if any photographers got pictures of Camilla coming or going to the hospital. Although I assume some must have on principle but I have yet to see any... I assume that was part of the reason Camilla came and went in the night.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
I wonder if any photographers got pictures of Camilla coming or going to the hospital. Although I assume some must have on principle but I have yet to see any... I assume that was part of the reason Camilla came and went in the night.
I think so, too. Camilla is a very private person and Charles or the staff wanted to spare it her. Ok, arriving to hospital she´d probably beared. But departing I think not. Can imagine she didn´t look at her best. And in groggy health to bear the flashlights...? It was a good decision from Clarence House.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

DAILY MAIL
Assault on our womanhoodBy LUCY ELKINS

As Camilla has a hysterectomy - one of 40,000 women to lose their wombs each year - do doctors realise the shattering emotional impact of an operation that is often utterly unnecessary?

I found this article interesting...it seems a lot of the time the tabloids seem to be of the opinion that the Royal Family are stuffy and cold because they don't cry at the drop of a hat and therefore, they can't possibly have the common touch or know what everyday normal people go through.

Yet Camilla is going through an operation that thousands of normal, everyday women go through each year, and her experience has prompted this writer to use the occasion to talk about women's experiences in general when going through this increasingly common procedure.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
I'm with you AgnesK! I have noticed that the US newspapers and magazines in particular seem to refer to Camilla in this way, and I can't help thinking that it is meant to be a tacit insult!
I'm not sure if it's deliberate insult or a way to remind people here who she is. We don't get much royal news in the US so people wouldn't know who the Duchess of Cornwall is unless they're royal watchers.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I also wondered if that was a possibility, Chiyo.

Sure, Americans are familiar with the British RF but its not as if the Duchess of Cornwall is herself, an every day topic of conversation

Many would still be familiar with her former name I would imagine.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Chiyo I have to agree with you. It annoys me also but I think the average person in America only loosely knows the RF and needs to be reminded of the players. ( Diana being a seperate case) Besides, when the press wants to insult Camilla in my experience they just do it outright still. :(
Personally when I got interested in Charles and Camilla, I didn't even bother trying to keep up on them with American sources. It is very limited.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall