The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
Well, I tried 5 times every picture and still doesn't work
Some pics from Sky-News:
Sky News In Pictures: Putting the news in focus

I hope you have no difficulties to see them!

Thank you for your good words to comfort me, Avalon and Skydragon!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Clarence House has announced that Camilla will go into hospital next month for a hysterectomy. They assure us that the reason for the operation is not cancer.

This is quite a major operation, although quite common, and she will need 6 weeks to recuperate.

I wish her all the best through what will be a fairly difficult time. Not least because, as royalty, all her personal medical details will become public property for discussion.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
And here is one more gallery of pictures from Isifa.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Some pics from Sky-News:
Sky News In Pictures: Putting the news in focus

I hope you have no difficulties to see them!

Thank you for your good words to comfort me, Avalon and Skydragon!
Thank you The more I read about Camilla the more I like her. Although it is strange to "like" somebody one doesn't know personally
Old 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Courtier

I know some persons with hysterectomy, too. The surgery is really a routine. But recovery is hard. First you have problems with walking. You can´t and shouldn´t bend down. You are exhausted from everything and so on. The recovery is in baby steps.
But she will have good doctors and a caring family and husband, of course.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
I know some persons with hysterectomy, too. The surgery is really a routine. But recovery is hard. First you have problems with walking. You can´t and shouldn´t bend down. You are exhausted from everything and so on. The recovery is in baby steps.
But she will have good doctors and a caring family and husband, of course.
She'll have the best of care in all ways so she'll be able to have all the rest she needs. There's no escaping the fact it's major surgery though, and she will be in discomfort and recovery will be slow. I wish her well.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Gentry

It definitely is a major surgery, but a routine thing at the same time. And Camilla will have the best doctors she can get. I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
She'll have the best of care in all ways so she'll be able to have all the rest she needs. There's no escaping the fact it's major surgery though, and she will be in discomfort and recovery will be slow. I wish her well.
One of my friends had the op a month ago and she was fine within a week and chomping at the bit because she isn't supposed to drive, muck out her horses or pick anything heavy up, (all of which she is ignoring). I think it depends very much on your outlook and constitution. I was out riding my horses and driving within 3 days of having a section, but nowadays you are 'out of action' for 6 weeks!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, I hope everything will go well for Camilla. Despite that I can't stand the woman I would never wish anything bad to happen to her.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

If its no longer of any use...better out than in
Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
One of my friends had the op a month ago and she was fine within a week and chomping at the bit because she isn't supposed to drive, muck out her horses or pick anything heavy up, (all of which she is ignoring). I think it depends very much on your outlook and constitution. I was out riding my horses and driving within 3 days of having a section, but nowadays you are 'out of action' for 6 weeks!
*shakes head* Silly girls! Those severed tissues have to heal properly and that takes time. A gynaecologist friend of mine tells some real horror stories of things popping open again under stress.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

here in the states, they will sometime do a Hysterectomy ....I' m trying to think of how genteely say it ....in an 'up periscope' manouver rather that cutting all your ab muscles which makes the recovery easier. Although all of my riding friends who had c sections were back on no later than 3 weeks. My daughter was born the regular way and I was back on day 14. we went to our first horse show back on Alexa's 1 month birthday...where I promptly fell off at high speed. In those days I still bounced!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20
Clarence House has announced that Camilla will go into hospital next month for a hysterectomy. They assure us that the reason for the operation is not cancer.

This is quite a major operation, although quite common, and she will need 6 weeks to recuperate.
I wonder if this will kill the pregnancy rumours?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol

Clearly it is one of those private gifts to a member of the Royal Family which is unlikely to be 'fenced' for cash at some later date

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol | News | This is London

At least they counted the Rubies in this article - infinite number of diamonds and 37 matching rubies, reaching down delicately to settle just above Camilla's decolletage of which Charles is so proud.

I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress!
Perhaps he thought he grew it/them with organic fertilizer produced at highgrove? All that love in the garden!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I wonder if this will kill the pregnancy rumours?
Oh I doubt it. I can just see the Sun's headline of "Camilla to give birth to messiah in second immaculate conception. Charles says : I just thought it was the Bird's trifle repeating on her" flying off of the shelves.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
here in the states, they will sometime do a Hysterectomy ....I' m trying to think of how genteely say it ....in an 'up periscope' manouver rather that cutting all your ab muscles which makes the recovery easier. Although all of my riding friends who had c sections were back on no later than 3 weeks. My daughter was born the regular way and I was back on day 14. we went to our first horse show back on Alexa's 1 month birthday...where I promptly fell off at high speed. In those days I still bounced!
A six-week recovery period sounds as though the Duchess will be having a transabdominal hysterectomy rather than a transvaginal one (which is also available in the UK); I'm surprised that isn't fuelling rumours of cancer, but there may be other reasons for doing it that way.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Aristocracy

Well either way, I am wishing her the best and thinking of her. Major surgery of any kind is heavy going.

Take care Camilla Wishing you a speedy recovery once you've had the procedure.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

If they are saying it's not cancer-related, then we should take them at their word. However, the only instances I can think of where a woman would need a hysterectomy is if after a c-section, the blood will not clot and the woman bleeds heavily, or if there is cancer. We know she's not recently had a c-section, and they are saying it's not cancer-related. So I can't imagine why she would have such a major and risky operation. I hope there isn't anything serious [non-cancer]behind it. This doesn't sound like an elective surgery a woman would opt for.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness

I hope Camilla is all right and she will recover soon. I just read an article that in the U.S. 33 percent of all women at the age of 60 already undergone hysterctomy and in 90 percent cases those were surgeries not to save women life but rather as women "elective" surgeries. So I really think the court may say thruth, everything is ok with duchess.
BTW. How media learnt about surgery. Someone blabbed and the court didn't have choice but to confirm or rather they by routine inform about each surgery royals have.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Royal Highness

12th February 2007
The Duchess of Cornwall officially opened a new state-of-the-art medical centre today in Chippenham, Wiltshire.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess opens a new medical centre in Chippenham, Wiltshire
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Aristocracy

duchess

i hope she will get back on her feet real fast after the operatation.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall