The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

ARMY top brass looked on in horror yesterday as the Duchess of Cornwall climbed on to a tank - with the word "bollocks" written on the bodywork.

The Daily Record - NEWS - NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

Someone should have reminded them, that it's never a good idea to have a good idea where Royal visitors are concerned. Next time I am sure they will all stick to the schedule.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS ..HERE'S CAMILLA

ARMY top brass looked on in horror yesterday as the Duchess of Cornwall climbed on to a tank - with the word "bollocks" written on the bodywork.

Someone should have reminded them, that it's never a good idea to have a good idea where Royal visitors are concerned. Next time I am sure they will all stick to the schedule.
I think you need much more than such a written word on a tank to shock Camilla! The best she could do is to ignore...as a Duchess and as a Royal Colonel.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I think you need much more than such a written word on a tank to shock Camilla! The best she could do is to ignore...as a Duchess and as a Royal Colonel.
I think you are right, Camilla is used to army life and wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

The top brass and RSM would have been a different story, heads will roll over this, (well, it will if they can find who did it).

The full details from The Prince of Wales website.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla takes on Barnardo's role

The Duchess of Cornwall is to become president of children's charity Barnardo's.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is wonderful news for Camilla and her acceptance as the wife of the heir to the throne. She will do a great job for a wonderful organisation that helps a lot of children.

So much for all those people who said that Camilla wouldn't take on any of the roles that had previously held by Diana.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Camilla takes on Barnardo's role

The Duchess of Cornwall is to become president of children's charity Barnardo's.

I do agree 100% Skydragon!
It´s great that they asked her for being president of this important children´s charity, and it´s great that she accepted to do it!
It´s what we expected: She will have more and more patronages, and we know, she will do an excellent job!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I do agree 100% Skydragon!
It´s great that they asked her for being president of this important children´s charity, and it´s great that she accepted to do it!
It´s what we expected: She will have more and more patronages, and we know, she will do an excellent job!
Oh my God.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

It is nice that the Duchess of Cornwall is getting more involved in royal work. She seems to take it slow and steady. I think she is starting to take chances in her role because she is more secure in her position.

I hope people will not compare her role to the role Princess Diana played for this charity or any other charity she might take on that Diana did. But people are people and I think she will be compared.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
It is nice that the Duchess of Cornwall is getting more involved in royal work. She seems to take it slow and steady. I think she is starting to take chances in her role because she is more secure in her position.

I hope people will not compare her role to the role Princess Diana played for this charity or any other charity she might take on that Diana did. But people are people and I think she will be compared.
Likewise Georgiea, though I'am not too pleased that Camilla is becoming President of Barnardos. Preferibly I wanted The Countess of Wessex to take on that role. I hope people won't start comparing Camilla to the Princess of Wales as president of barnardos. It'll just get ugly.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Unexpected, but I feel happy for Camilla. She is a very steady and warm person. She has very much mothering features just like Diana, Princess of Wales.I believe that she will do a wonderful job for the organisation and I am happy for her because she seems to be more willing to take her royal role more seriously depsite possible comparisions to Diana.
I think people should give her chance and I never doubt that Camilla will win over people if she is given chances.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Why all the hullaballoo about Barnardo's? Isn't the main idea here to bring some exposure to the charity? Who better than HRH, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall (and current Princess of Wales, might I add). Princess Diana was president of this charity, and did a lovely job, but Camilla will do as well if not better. People really like Camilla! She is down to earth, charming, and an asset to the royal family. I do not care to get into a "discussion" regarding a comparison between Camilla and Diana; I think it is disrespectful to both women. But, I will say this, inflammatory as it may be, that Diana did not comport herself in a ladylike fashion and she lost many supporters because of her behavior--Camilla was demonized, villified, and treated horridly, and has risen about it with grace, dignity, and an overall stamp of approval from most people! It is important to be objective about this--Camilla will do well in her role. She will not do it the same as Diana, but as they are two different people. why should she? It is unfair to make comparisons.
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99
Why all the hullaballoo about Barnardo's? Isn't the main idea here to bring some exposure to the charity? Who better than HRH, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall (and current Princess of Wales, might I add). Princess Diana was president of this charity, and did a lovely job, but Camilla will do as well if not better. People really like Camilla! She is down to earth, charming, and an asset to the royal family. I do not care to get into a "discussion" regarding a comparison between Camilla and Diana; I think it is disrespectful to both women. But, I will say this, inflammatory as it may be, that Diana did not comport herself in a ladylike fashion and she lost many supporters because of her behavior--Camilla was demonized, villified, and treated horridly, and has risen about it with grace, dignity, and an overall stamp of approval from most people! It is important to be objective about this--Camilla will do well in her role. She will not do it the same as Diana, but as they are two different people. why should she? It is unfair to make comparisons.
Janet
Okay, why are you all ready assuming that Camilla will do a more better job as President of Barnardos than Diana. And BOTH Camilla and Diana didn't behave like ladies in their past indiscretions. Already the comparisons are beginning.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Okay, why are you all ready assuming that Camilla will do a more better job as President of Barnardos than Diana. And BOTH Camilla and Diana didn't behave like ladies in their past indiscretions. Already the comparisons are beginning.
Camilla holds the legal title of Princess of Wales and future Queen.So it is expected that she will take a more prominent role in public duties. So I am very understanding why she takes the role after Diana, Princess of Wales and Cherie Blair.
We do not really want comparisons. But one thing, the two ladies are both good mothers despite their own love affairs. So we have no doubt that she will do a wonderful job for the organisation.
One thing remeber that, there is no best and there is only better. So it is very natural for people to expect those who are alive to achieve more than those who pass away.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Royal Highness

I think that HRH The Duchess of Cornwall will do AS WELL AS or better than Diana for several reasons. One, she isn't as glitzy as Diana and gets on rather well with the press. Two, just as Diana, HRH The Duchess chooses charities she is genuinely interested in. Being that Camilla has chosen to not use the Princess of Wales title, and has shied away from other charities Diana was patron of, I am certain that her choosing this is a sign of her determination to do an excellent job--let's face it, the deck is somewhat stacked against her and Camilla is in a sink or swim situation--but as she is not one to shy away from a challenge (she got her Prince, after all), I have no doubt that she will do fantastic job because she has more riding on this than Diana did. Can you imagine the endless comparisons? Camilla is a strong, determined lady.
As for my comment about Diana's behavior, well, it was not the time to make that comment and had nothing to do with the topic. Both Camilla and Diana possess wonderful compassion and each has raised lovely children. There will always be the "Diana Camp" and the "Camilla Camp". I have always had somewhat mixed feelings-I watched the Royal Wedding when I was six years old and from that moment I was a Diana junkie. I totally loved her! However, I really hate the way she behaved. I do understand, but in her position, she should have been less abrasive with the situation. I hate the way her life ended up--not at all what the world desired for her. However, that being said, Camilla is who Charles should have been with from the beginning and I am just happy that he is finally at peace and happy. I was prepared to hate her at first, but I find myself very much a fan! I hope they'll be happy--and the boys seem to like her, too.
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope we're not going to go any further down the road of Camilla-Diana comparisons, or the moderators will have to start deleting posts. The fact that the wife of the Prince of Wales is the patron of Barnardo's is a reflection of the importance of the charity; there's no need to drag old comparisons into the discussion and potentially derail yet another thread.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 02-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Oh my God.
What a strange reaction to this wonderful piece of news. Do you not think Barnardo's is worthy of a royal patron? What have you got against this particular cause or the work they do?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Elspeth,
You are quite right, and I apologize for going off topic. Won't happen again!

Janet

Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Nobility

I think the charity needed a high profile president and camilla is about as high profile as you get. She will do a good job she seems like a warm and caring person. The charity wouldn't have asked her if she weren't a good match for them.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What a strange reaction to this wonderful piece of news. Do you not think Barnardo's is worthy of a royal patron? What have you got against this particular cause or the work they do?
I believe your question has already been answered in post 89.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have to admit to not reading all the posts before replying!

I think Camilla is a much better choice than Sophie, who doesn't have as high a profile here, as the Duchess of Cornwall has.

It should be about what is best for the charity, who will bring the most money and publicity and that is Camilla, at this time.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall