The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarence House has announced that Camilla will go into hospital next month for a hysterectomy. They assure us that the reason for the operation is not cancer.

This is quite a major operation, although quite common, and she will need 6 weeks to recuperate.

I wish her all the best through what will be a fairly difficult time. Not least because, as royalty, all her personal medical details will become public property for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know some persons with hysterectomy, too. The surgery is really a routine. But recovery is hard. First you have problems with walking. You can´t and shouldn´t bend down. You are exhausted from everything and so on. The recovery is in baby steps.
But she will have good doctors and a caring family and husband, of course. :flowers:

hornsen said:
I know some persons with hysterectomy, too. The surgery is really a routine. But recovery is hard. First you have problems with walking. You can´t and shouldn´t bend down. You are exhausted from everything and so on. The recovery is in baby steps.
But she will have good doctors and a caring family and husband, of course. :flowers:

She'll have the best of care in all ways so she'll be able to have all the rest she needs. There's no escaping the fact it's major surgery though, and she will be in discomfort and recovery will be slow. I wish her well. :flowers:

It definitely is a major surgery, but a routine thing at the same time. And Camilla will have the best doctors she can get. I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery. :flowers:

Roslyn said:
She'll have the best of care in all ways so she'll be able to have all the rest she needs. There's no escaping the fact it's major surgery though, and she will be in discomfort and recovery will be slow. I wish her well. :flowers:
One of my friends had the op a month ago and she was fine within a week and chomping at the bit because she isn't supposed to drive, muck out her horses or pick anything heavy up, (all of which she is ignoring). I think it depends very much on your outlook and constitution. I was out riding my horses and driving within 3 days of having a section, but nowadays you are 'out of action' for 6 weeks!

Oh, I hope everything will go well for Camilla. Despite that I can't stand the woman I would never wish anything bad to happen to her.

Skydragon said:
One of my friends had the op a month ago and she was fine within a week and chomping at the bit because she isn't supposed to drive, muck out her horses or pick anything heavy up, (all of which she is ignoring). I think it depends very much on your outlook and constitution. I was out riding my horses and driving within 3 days of having a section, but nowadays you are 'out of action' for 6 weeks!

*shakes head* Silly girls! Those severed tissues have to heal properly and that takes time. A gynaecologist friend of mine tells some real horror stories of things popping open again under stress. :)

here in the states, they will sometime do a Hysterectomy ....I' m trying to think of how genteely say it ....in an 'up periscope' manouver rather that cutting all your ab muscles which makes the recovery easier. Although all of my riding friends who had c sections were back on no later than 3 weeks. My daughter was born the regular way and I was back on day 14. we went to our first horse show back on Alexa's 1 month birthday...where I promptly fell off at high speed. In those days I still bounced!

Alison20 said:
Clarence House has announced that Camilla will go into hospital next month for a hysterectomy. They assure us that the reason for the operation is not cancer.

This is quite a major operation, although quite common, and she will need 6 weeks to recuperate.

I wonder if this will kill the pregnancy rumours? :ohmy:

Skydragon said:
Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol

Clearly it is one of those private gifts to a member of the Royal Family which is unlikely to be 'fenced' for cash at some later date

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol | News | This is London

At least they counted the Rubies in this article - infinite number of diamonds and 37 matching rubies, reaching down delicately to settle just above Camilla's decolletage of which Charles is so proud.

I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress! :lol:
Perhaps he thought he grew it/them with organic fertilizer produced at highgrove? All that love in the garden!:lol:

I wonder if this will kill the pregnancy rumours?
Oh I doubt it. I can just see the Sun's headline of "Camilla to give birth to messiah in second immaculate conception. Charles says : I just thought it was the Bird's trifle repeating on her" flying off of the shelves.

scooter said:
here in the states, they will sometime do a Hysterectomy ....I' m trying to think of how genteely say it ....in an 'up periscope' manouver rather that cutting all your ab muscles which makes the recovery easier. Although all of my riding friends who had c sections were back on no later than 3 weeks. My daughter was born the regular way and I was back on day 14. we went to our first horse show back on Alexa's 1 month birthday...where I promptly fell off at high speed. In those days I still bounced!

A six-week recovery period sounds as though the Duchess will be having a transabdominal hysterectomy rather than a transvaginal one (which is also available in the UK); I'm surprised that isn't fuelling rumours of cancer, but there may be other reasons for doing it that way.

Well either way, I am wishing her the best and thinking of her. Major surgery of any kind is heavy going.

Take care Camilla :heart: Wishing you a speedy recovery once you've had the procedure.

If they are saying it's not cancer-related, then we should take them at their word. However, the only instances I can think of where a woman would need a hysterectomy is if after a c-section, the blood will not clot and the woman bleeds heavily, or if there is cancer. We know she's not recently had a c-section, and they are saying it's not cancer-related. So I can't imagine why she would have such a major and risky operation. I hope there isn't anything serious [non-cancer]behind it. This doesn't sound like an elective surgery a woman would opt for.

I hope Camilla is all right and she will recover soon. I just read an article that in the U.S. 33 percent of all women at the age of 60 already undergone hysterctomy and in 90 percent cases those were surgeries not to save women life but rather as women "elective" surgeries. So I really think the court may say thruth, everything is ok with duchess.:)
BTW. How media learnt about surgery. Someone blabbed and the court didn't have choice but to confirm or rather they by routine inform about each surgery royals have.

Last edited:
duchess

i hope she will get back on her feet real fast after the operatation.:)

Sister Morphine said:
If they are saying it's not cancer-related, then we should take them at their word. However, the only instances I can think of where a woman would need a hysterectomy is if after a c-section, the blood will not clot and the woman bleeds heavily, or if there is cancer. We know she's not recently had a c-section, and they are saying it's not cancer-related. So I can't imagine why she would have such a major and risky operation. I hope there isn't anything serious [non-cancer]behind it. This doesn't sound like an elective surgery a woman would opt for.
Let's not forget endometriosis, an extremely painful and debilitating condition, and I am sure there are other sound reasons.
Whatever the reason, good luck and good health to her. :flowers:

Roslyn said:
*shakes head* Silly girls! Those severed tissues have to heal properly and that takes time. A gynaecologist friend of mine tells some real horror stories of things popping open again under stress. :)
My 1st section was well over 30 years ago and after all my sections, I was back in action quickly. Don't forget it depends on your consultants view of how long you should rest and these views have changed over the years!
My friend is herself a consultant and assures us all, if the op is done correctly, there is very little danger of 'your tripes falling out'! :ermm: Goodness, they even have you out of bed and climbing stairs within 3 days of having a triple bypass!

Sister Morphine said:
However, the only instances I can think of where a woman would need a hysterectomy is if after a c-section, the blood will not clot and the woman bleeds heavily, or if there is cancer.
It seems to be done a lot over here purely because of very heavy periods, especially in later life. Most of the women I know who have had it done, it was because their period was 28 days on 3 days off and they all had 'natural' births.

I don´t think that Camilla cancelled her duties for six weeks because she´s afraid of being sick, or to have to rest, all the time. She will need maybe three weeks if everything will go well (i hope so) before she can start her normal life again. But she does not have an ´normal job´ to do. When she´s back to duty, everybody will ask her about her condition, the journalists will start to speculate about her health...we know that. And so she will need some more time, maybe to get strong enough to face the public.
And it is better to say before the op, that she will be out of engagements for six weeks, as if to cancel some duties later again, if there are unexpected problemes.
If the surgery take part the week after the Royal Couple is back from the Middle East trip, Camilla will start to go public the week after Easter.
So maybe she will have a break for four weeks and then two weeks Easter holidays.
I know that it is only routine op, but it is a major one, and she has all my best wishes and sympathy!

milla Ca said:
I don´t think that Camilla cancelled her duties for six weeks because she´s afraid of being sick, or to have to rest, all the time.
Nor do I milla Ca, times change and most doctors now insist on a 6 week 'rest', in fact you are not insured to drive your car on public roads during this period. She will be given exercises to do, that will help in her full recovery, during this rest period.

Some women take longer to recover than others and Camilla, because of her position, will have to do it all by the book. It may still be a serious op, but to a lot of hospitals it is as routine as an appendectomy or cesarean section. :flowers: Although one woman I know is still 'resting' 6 months later!

The Duchess opens a new medical centre in Chippenham, Wiltshire

from The Prince of Wales site.

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
I could be fibroids, which if bad can basically give you bleeding 30 days a month. Who wqants to deal with that!

milla Ca said:
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a reception given by Her Majesty The Queen for Women in Business, Buckingham Palace
Since Camilla's not a "Woman in Business", maybe she's taking on a support-hosting role at the reception. :)

milla Ca said:
Royal date for top businesswomen

icWales - Royal date for top businesswomen

It is believed to be the first time Camilla has supported the Queen in her own right since becoming a member of the Royal Family.

The next sentence is interesting as well:
"There will be interest as to whether it is Camilla or Anne who takes up the prime position at the Queen's side for the meet-and-greet line up."

Of course there will be interest, at least here on this forum....;)

In terms of Royal Precedence that's already been decided. Anne comes before Camilla. But yes, it will be interesting to see if these formalities are observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom