The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the hullaballoo about Barnardo's? Isn't the main idea here to bring some exposure to the charity? Who better than HRH, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall (and current Princess of Wales, might I add). Princess Diana was president of this charity, and did a lovely job, but Camilla will do as well if not better. People really like Camilla! She is down to earth, charming, and an asset to the royal family. I do not care to get into a "discussion" regarding a comparison between Camilla and Diana; I think it is disrespectful to both women. But, I will say this, inflammatory as it may be, that Diana did not comport herself in a ladylike fashion and she lost many supporters because of her behavior--Camilla was demonized, villified, and treated horridly, and has risen about it with grace, dignity, and an overall stamp of approval from most people! It is important to be objective about this--Camilla will do well in her role. She will not do it the same as Diana, but as they are two different people. why should she? It is unfair to make comparisons.
Janet

jcbcode99 said:
Why all the hullaballoo about Barnardo's? Isn't the main idea here to bring some exposure to the charity? Who better than HRH, Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall (and current Princess of Wales, might I add). Princess Diana was president of this charity, and did a lovely job, but Camilla will do as well if not better. People really like Camilla! She is down to earth, charming, and an asset to the royal family. I do not care to get into a "discussion" regarding a comparison between Camilla and Diana; I think it is disrespectful to both women. But, I will say this, inflammatory as it may be, that Diana did not comport herself in a ladylike fashion and she lost many supporters because of her behavior--Camilla was demonized, villified, and treated horridly, and has risen about it with grace, dignity, and an overall stamp of approval from most people! It is important to be objective about this--Camilla will do well in her role. She will not do it the same as Diana, but as they are two different people. why should she? It is unfair to make comparisons.
Janet

Okay, why are you all ready assuming that Camilla will do a more better job as President of Barnardos than Diana. And BOTH Camilla and Diana didn't behave like ladies in their past indiscretions. Already the comparisons are beginning.

sirhon11234 said:
Okay, why are you all ready assuming that Camilla will do a more better job as President of Barnardos than Diana. And BOTH Camilla and Diana didn't behave like ladies in their past indiscretions. Already the comparisons are beginning.
Camilla holds the legal title of Princess of Wales and future Queen.So it is expected that she will take a more prominent role in public duties. So I am very understanding why she takes the role after Diana, Princess of Wales and Cherie Blair.
We do not really want comparisons. But one thing, the two ladies are both good mothers despite their own love affairs. So we have no doubt that she will do a wonderful job for the organisation.
One thing remeber that, there is no best and there is only better. So it is very natural for people to expect those who are alive to achieve more than those who pass away.

I think that HRH The Duchess of Cornwall will do AS WELL AS or better than Diana for several reasons. One, she isn't as glitzy as Diana and gets on rather well with the press. Two, just as Diana, HRH The Duchess chooses charities she is genuinely interested in. Being that Camilla has chosen to not use the Princess of Wales title, and has shied away from other charities Diana was patron of, I am certain that her choosing this is a sign of her determination to do an excellent job--let's face it, the deck is somewhat stacked against her and Camilla is in a sink or swim situation--but as she is not one to shy away from a challenge (she got her Prince, after all), I have no doubt that she will do fantastic job because she has more riding on this than Diana did. Can you imagine the endless comparisons? Camilla is a strong, determined lady.
As for my comment about Diana's behavior, well, it was not the time to make that comment and had nothing to do with the topic. Both Camilla and Diana possess wonderful compassion and each has raised lovely children. There will always be the "Diana Camp" and the "Camilla Camp". I have always had somewhat mixed feelings-I watched the Royal Wedding when I was six years old and from that moment I was a Diana junkie. I totally loved her! However, I really hate the way she behaved. I do understand, but in her position, she should have been less abrasive with the situation. I hate the way her life ended up--not at all what the world desired for her. However, that being said, Camilla is who Charles should have been with from the beginning and I am just happy that he is finally at peace and happy. I was prepared to hate her at first, but I find myself very much a fan! I hope they'll be happy--and the boys seem to like her, too.
Janet

I hope we're not going to go any further down the road of Camilla-Diana comparisons, or the moderators will have to start deleting posts. The fact that the wife of the Prince of Wales is the patron of Barnardo's is a reflection of the importance of the charity; there's no need to drag old comparisons into the discussion and potentially derail yet another thread.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

sirhon11234 said:
Oh my God.:neutral:

What a strange reaction to this wonderful piece of news. Do you not think Barnardo's is worthy of a royal patron? What have you got against this particular cause or the work they do? :ermm: :wacko:

Elspeth,
You are quite right, and I apologize for going off topic. Won't happen again!

Janet

I think the charity needed a high profile president and camilla is about as high profile as you get. She will do a good job she seems like a warm and caring person. The charity wouldn't have asked her if she weren't a good match for them.

Skydragon said:
What a strange reaction to this wonderful piece of news. Do you not think Barnardo's is worthy of a royal patron? What have you got against this particular cause or the work they do? :ermm: :wacko:

I believe your question has already been answered in post 89.

I have to admit to not reading all the posts before replying!

I think Camilla is a much better choice than Sophie, who doesn't have as high a profile here, as the Duchess of Cornwall has.

It should be about what is best for the charity, who will bring the most money and publicity and that is Camilla, at this time.

Last edited:
Camilla officially opens Chippenham centre

A glamorous Duchess of Cornwall greeted onloookers as she arrived this morning to open a new 4 million pounds medical centre in Chippenham.

This Is Wiltshire

Duchess opens medical centre

The Duchess of Cornwall had a warm welcome when she arrived to officially open the new Hathaway Medical Centre this morning.

Duchess Opens Medical Centre (from This Is Wiltshire)

Last edited:
Last edited:
You know, This London could have choosen a more flattering picture of HRH for their article. That being said, I really hate it for The Duchess. I hope she has a very speedy recovery.
Janet

Poor Camilla. Get Well cards need to be sent to Clarence House people.

The spokesman descibed it as a ´´routine scheduled operation´´of advice of her doctor. I hope so much it is the truth and it has nothing to do with cancer....

All the best to Camilla. Hope the operation will go smoothly. :flowers:

I don't think it's a cancer, milla Ca. I guess if it were that serious, the Clarence House would announce it.

Avalon said:
I don't think it's a cancer, milla Ca. I guess if it were that serious, the Clarence House would announce it.

I just read that Camilla will join Charles on a Middle East Trip before. That´s calm down me a bit, because i think, if it would be much more serious with her health, the operation would be earlier. So i hope the best...

Now i see the pics of today with other eyes: A very brave and strong Camilla, smiling and talking there...:flowers:

I think that since they're scheduling the surgery around her engagements, it's unlikely to be due to something like cancer, where I assume they'd be wanting to do it as soon as possible.

Thank You for all the photo's Avalon. :flowers:

Don't worry milla Ca, it really is such a routine operation, I know so many women who have had it done and they feel 20 years younger afterwards. :flowers:

Avalon said:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall unveiled a plaque during her visit to the new Hathaway Medical Centre in Chippenham. Camilla, who is president of the National Osteoporosis Society officially opened the centre today.

Pictures:
Camilla
Camilla 2
Camilla 3
Camilla 4 (what a sweet picture)

Gallery of pictures from Wenn
Gallery of pictures from Getty
Gallery of pictures from Abaca

I can't see that pictures. There is a message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server." Can anybody help me :flowers: ?

AgnesK said:
I can't see that pictures. There is a message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server." Can anybody help me :flowers: ?

Just press the refresh button on your toolbar and they come up. :flowers:

I do hope she'll be well enough to visit the jewels- oh sorry I meant the gulf!;)

AgnesK said:
It doesn't work :ermm:
It may not work the first time you try, it took 3 attempts with one of the pictures.

Camilla, she is so brave. Getting well soon, Camilla. We will send cards.

Skydragon said:
It may not work the first time you try, it took 3 attempts with one of the pictures.

Well, I tried 5 times every picture and still doesn't work :bang: . But thatnks for your help :flowers:

AgnesK said:
It doesn't work :ermm:

I can't save pictures from Wenn to private account (if I could, I would, so that no one would have to experience the problem again), so I guess what Skydragon suggesting (refresh) is the only way to view them.
If it doesn't work, you can view basically the same pictures at Abaca or getty.

And here is one more gallery of pictures from Isifa. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom