The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
UKDuchessofCornwallsmaller.jpg

Arms of HRH the Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to Part 5
of the Current Events of the Duchess of Cornwall

It starts on January 18, 2007

Part 4, covering the period from December 2006
to January 2007 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should get some pictures today from Camilla's visit to Aberdeen to the Health Sciences building and receive a tour of the University of Aberdeen's medical school. :flowers:

Oh I do hope so. I love seeing Camilla on official duties :)

Horseplay and science for Duchess

Camilla, Duchess of Rothesay, has carried out her first Royal engagements of the year while in Aberdeen. She formally opened Aberdeen University's £5.7m Health Sciences Building.
The Duchess also presented rosettes to children and horses during a visit to the Hayfield Riding Centre.

Thank you Avalon for posting the BBC report about Camilla´s duties today.:flowers:
I´m glad to see this ´first official pic´ of the year with a smiling Duchess!
I´m looking forward to the US visit of our great Royal Couple.

Yes, I totally agree with Milla Ca! Thank you, Avalon.
It's good to see that Camilla is back on track! :flowers:

You are most welcome milla Ca and Maxie! :flowers:
Another article from the official website of the Prince of Wales with a new picture.

The Duchess spends a day in Aberdeen

quote from the artice:
The Duchess chatted to the children and gave them some riding advice, telling schoolboy Robert Smith that he must fit the saddle properly otherwise it would come off and go "zooming underneath".
Her Royal Highness watched intently as the children put on a riding display in an indoor arena and afterwards presented the proud youngsters and their horses with rosettes.
Shortly before leaving, The Duchess stopped and fed mints to some more of the horses.
Speaking afterwards, schoolboy Jordan Kerr, 12, said he had been nervous about meeting The Duchess but she put him at ease.
"She was very kind," he said.

It's a lovely write up and it looks like a new suit for Camilla, similar to her green one with the velvet trim. This one's got a tartan trim. She looked lovely and she obviously wowed the people of Aberdeen.

BeatrixFan said:
It's a lovely write up and it looks like a new suit for Camilla, similar to her green one with the velvet trim. This one's got a tartan trim. She looked lovely and she obviously wowed the people of Aberdeen.

I've never seen this suit as well. It resembles a few other suits but you are right, the trim is different.
A new year with a new suit for the Duchess. And I suppose we'll see a few new ones during the visit to the USA as well.

Last edited:
Camilla's visit went rather well. It's touching how the boy said she put him at ease. She does seem nice.;) :flowers:

Camilla's our patron

HER Royal Highness the Duchess of Rothesay is poised to be the first patron of the new Scottish National Equestrian Centre at Oatridge, near Ecclesmachan.
Welcoming the announcement, director Carson Jones said: "We are honoured and delighted that Her Royal Highness has accepted our invitation to be our Patron.
"It is an enormous boost to our ambitions to become, and be recognised as,
a centre of excellence for all equestrian sports in Scotland."
Camilla is an enthusiastic horsewoman. She keeps three mounts — Molly, Willie and Bearskin — at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.

Isn't it great to see Camilla taking on patronages of things in which she has an interest and some knowledge.

She will be able to understand what they are on about and even offer advice or experience in certain circumstances I am sure.

I think she should keep to doing things that interest her so that she is clearly seen establishing her own role within the RF.

I think it is great that she is taking on lots of the smaller causes, the ones that may not get her a lot of publicity, but still need support. I'm sure the 1000's of tireless workers are very grateful to be 'seen' finally.

It is also great that she is taking on some animal causes which quite often get overlooked, the fact that she likes animals so much, must help.

Skydragon said:
I think it is great that she is taking on lots of the smaller causes, the ones that may not get her a lot of publicity, but still need support. I'm sure the 1000's of tireless workers are very grateful to be 'seen' finally.

It is also great that she is taking on some animal causes which quite often get overlooked, the fact that she likes animals so much, must help.

I agree Skydragon!:flowers:
It one of her (many) strong points, that she supports these animal causes and some other things not to get some nice pics in the press, but to give help for things they are near to her heart. It makes the difference and therefor i adore her.

Personally, I think if HRH took on any more animal charities, she'd be making a mistake as there are more worthier causes and 2 or 3 are quite enough.

BeatrixFan said:
Personally, I think if HRH took on any more animal charities, she'd be making a mistake as there are more worthier causes and 2 or 3 are quite enough.

I think the Duchess has other patronages too, and she will get many more, for animals and for people who need her support.
But the most important thing is that her patronages are plausible, it means they are near to her heart ( like the animal charities). I would hate it if she would support something (like other people do) only to be popular, and why other people like it.

milla Ca said:
I think the Duchess has other patronages too, and she will get many more, for animals and for people who need her support.
But the most important thing is that her patronages are plausible, it means they are near to her heart ( like the animal charities). I would hate it if she would support something (like other people do) only to be popular, and why other people like it.

Her list is growing and as you say, all appear to be causes close to her heart. :flowers:

True but I think too many animal charities will do nothing for her. She shouldn't take them just because she has to have a list of charities but I think any more animal charity patronages would be a mistake and surely the work of children's charities is close to everyone's heart?

BeatrixFan said:
True but I think too many animal charities will do nothing for her. She shouldn't take them just because she has to have a list of charities but I think any more animal charity patronages would be a mistake and surely the work of children's charities is close to everyone's heart?

Everyone gets into supporting childrens charities it would seem and Charles does more than his fair share.

No I don't think childrens charities are close to everyones heart, but that is another thread altogether. ;)

Last edited:
I'm just slightly put out that Camilla would support scabby horses and not bother with abused children that's all. I love her dearly and I'm sure she's doing what she thinks best and her patronages shouldn't be for show but she's shown us before now that she does care about sick children and that she does have an interest in helping them. So why take on yet another charity helping doddery donkeys?

BeatrixFan said:

Okay BeatrixFan, but children´s charities are something everyone likes to do.
And when the Duchess was pictured with a new bone scanner for the NOS it´s not such a cute pic like with a poor ill child, but the importance is the same.That´s what i mean: she should chose the patronages not because of the popularity for the people and the press!

And I agree with you. But surely one patronage helping horses is enough?

BeatrixFan said:
I'm just slightly put out that Camilla would support scabby horses and not bother with abused children that's all. I love her dearly and I'm sure she's doing what she thinks best and her patronages shouldn't be for show but she's shown us before now that she does care about sick children and that she does have an interest in helping them. So why take on yet another charity helping doddery donkeys?

Your horses may have been scabby, but I am sure at the Scottish National Equestrian Centre, which will teach children and young adults a variety of skills involved in looking after, riding and competing, none of them will be scabby at all.

I honestly couldn't care less. Anyway, I can see that we're amongst people who consider the grooming of animals is far more important than the welfare of children and I shall retreat.

BeatrixFan said:
I honestly couldn't care less. Anyway, I can see that we're amongst people who consider the grooming of animals is far more important than the welfare of children and I shall retreat.

Sorry BeatrixFan, but if you really think i´m amongst these people....then maybe my english is too bad to write something you understand...?:sad:

Well, thats the impression I got and if I'm wrong then I apologise but there's certainly some people here who seem to be saying that so-called charities that teach children how to brush a horse do more important work and are more worthy of Royal patronage than charities that help abused children. And if that is what they're saying then they're entitled to their opinion but I'm entitled to say that that attitude disgusts me. Anyway, it doesn't matter and it doesn't concern me so I'll shut up and we can get back on topic.

When it gets to the point whether one charity is more worthy than another, isn't the whole point of charitable work by the royals rather lost?

After all, I would expect royals to choose charities that mean something to them as well as ones that are for a noble cause. I would much rather see a royal get involved with a charity that they really have a passion for rather than put their name to a more 'worthy' cause because its expected.

Camilla has sponsored the osteoporosis society which confronts a very dangerous illness that all women are susceptible to and she appears to have an affinity with children.

Certainly, she is allowed to have some 'fun' charities. I doubt if William's sponsorship of the FA is all that high-minded but he enjoys it and its good to see him about with young men his age who share a passion for the same thing.

BeatrixFan said:
And I agree with you. But surely one patronage helping horses is enough?
animal charity patronages
If you read the article, I'm sure you will see that it will also hold workshops to teach school children a variety of skills they can take into the workplace.
there's certainly some people here who seem to be saying that so-called charities that teach children how to brush a horse do more important work and are more worthy of Royal patronage than charities that help abused children.
I have looked back through and can't find anyone who has said that, perhaps you could point it out. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Camilla escapes US media sniping

The Duchess of Cornwall has escaped the sniping of the US media on her second visit to America with the Prince of Wales.

Camilla escapes US media sniping | the Daily Mail

As we had quite some discussions about the journalistic value of the Mail - here are the headlines of the "most popular" stories of today:

:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom