The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 5: January 18 - 5 March 2007

Arms of HRH the Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to Part 5
of the Current Events of the Duchess of Cornwall

It starts on January 18, 2007

Part 4, covering the period from December 2006
to January 2007 can be found here.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

We should get some pictures today from Camilla's visit to Aberdeen to the Health Sciences building and receive a tour of the University of Aberdeen's medical school.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh I do hope so. I love seeing Camilla on official duties
Old 01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Horseplay and science for Duchess

Camilla, Duchess of Rothesay, has carried out her first Royal engagements of the year while in Aberdeen. She formally opened Aberdeen University's £5.7m Health Sciences Building.
The Duchess also presented rosettes to children and horses during a visit to the Hayfield Riding Centre.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Avalon for posting the BBC report about Camilla´s duties today.
I´m glad to see this ´first official pic´ of the year with a smiling Duchess!
I´m looking forward to the US visit of our great Royal Couple.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I totally agree with Milla Ca! Thank you, Avalon.
It's good to see that Camilla is back on track!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

You are most welcome milla Ca and Maxie!
Another article from the official website of the Prince of Wales with a new picture.

The Duchess spends a day in Aberdeen

quote from the artice:
Quote:
The Duchess chatted to the children and gave them some riding advice, telling schoolboy Robert Smith that he must fit the saddle properly otherwise it would come off and go "zooming underneath".
Her Royal Highness watched intently as the children put on a riding display in an indoor arena and afterwards presented the proud youngsters and their horses with rosettes.
Shortly before leaving, The Duchess stopped and fed mints to some more of the horses.
Speaking afterwards, schoolboy Jordan Kerr, 12, said he had been nervous about meeting The Duchess but she put him at ease.
"She was very kind," he said.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 AM

It's a lovely write up and it looks like a new suit for Camilla, similar to her green one with the velvet trim. This one's got a tartan trim. She looked lovely and she obviously wowed the people of Aberdeen.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's a lovely write up and it looks like a new suit for Camilla, similar to her green one with the velvet trim. This one's got a tartan trim. She looked lovely and she obviously wowed the people of Aberdeen.
I've never seen this suit as well. It resembles a few other suits but you are right, the trim is different.
A new year with a new suit for the Duchess. And I suppose we'll see a few new ones during the visit to the USA as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Camilla's visit went rather well. It's touching how the boy said she put him at ease. She does seem nice.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's our patron

HER Royal Highness the Duchess of Rothesay is poised to be the first patron of the new Scottish National Equestrian Centre at Oatridge, near Ecclesmachan.
Welcoming the announcement, director Carson Jones said: "We are honoured and delighted that Her Royal Highness has accepted our invitation to be our Patron.
"It is an enormous boost to our ambitions to become, and be recognised as,
a centre of excellence for all equestrian sports in Scotland."
Camilla is an enthusiastic horsewoman. She keeps three mounts — Molly, Willie and Bearskin — at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Isn't it great to see Camilla taking on patronages of things in which she has an interest and some knowledge.

She will be able to understand what they are on about and even offer advice or experience in certain circumstances I am sure.

I think she should keep to doing things that interest her so that she is clearly seen establishing her own role within the RF.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it is great that she is taking on lots of the smaller causes, the ones that may not get her a lot of publicity, but still need support. I'm sure the 1000's of tireless workers are very grateful to be 'seen' finally.

It is also great that she is taking on some animal causes which quite often get overlooked, the fact that she likes animals so much, must help.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think it is great that she is taking on lots of the smaller causes, the ones that may not get her a lot of publicity, but still need support. I'm sure the 1000's of tireless workers are very grateful to be 'seen' finally.

It is also great that she is taking on some animal causes which quite often get overlooked, the fact that she likes animals so much, must help.
I agree Skydragon!
It one of her (many) strong points, that she supports these animal causes and some other things not to get some nice pics in the press, but to give help for things they are near to her heart. It makes the difference and therefor i adore her.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:54 AM

Personally, I think if HRH took on any more animal charities, she'd be making a mistake as there are more worthier causes and 2 or 3 are quite enough.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Personally, I think if HRH took on any more animal charities, she'd be making a mistake as there are more worthier causes and 2 or 3 are quite enough.
I think the Duchess has other patronages too, and she will get many more, for animals and for people who need her support.
But the most important thing is that her patronages are plausible, it means they are near to her heart ( like the animal charities). I would hate it if she would support something (like other people do) only to be popular, and why other people like it.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I think the Duchess has other patronages too, and she will get many more, for animals and for people who need her support.
But the most important thing is that her patronages are plausible, it means they are near to her heart ( like the animal charities). I would hate it if she would support something (like other people do) only to be popular, and why other people like it.
Her list is growing and as you say, all appear to be causes close to her heart.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 PM

True but I think too many animal charities will do nothing for her. She shouldn't take them just because she has to have a list of charities but I think any more animal charity patronages would be a mistake and surely the work of children's charities is close to everyone's heart?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
True but I think too many animal charities will do nothing for her. She shouldn't take them just because she has to have a list of charities but I think any more animal charity patronages would be a mistake and surely the work of children's charities is close to everyone's heart?
Everyone gets into supporting childrens charities it would seem and Charles does more than his fair share.

No I don't think childrens charities are close to everyones heart, but that is another thread altogether.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I'm just slightly put out that Camilla would support scabby horses and not bother with abused children that's all. I love her dearly and I'm sure she's doing what she thinks best and her patronages shouldn't be for show but she's shown us before now that she does care about sick children and that she does have an interest in helping them. So why take on yet another charity helping doddery donkeys?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall