The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Nobility

OMG that necklace is a bit much? Can they really accept personal gifts like that, or does it belong to the country? I wonder what the Saudis expect in return for such a gift?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir
OMG that necklace is a bit much? Can they really accept personal gifts like that, or does it belong to the country? I wonder what the Saudis expect in return for such a gift?
What they expect?...A night with the "bride"!

Why shouldn“t Camilla accept such gifts? Is there a limit for gifts anywhere? It is a personal present. But to my knowledge it belongs to the Royal Collection after her death. But heaven can wait for her and Charles...

Old 01-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

I think the necklace would have been less opulant and look better on Camilla if it was one row less. It really looked good with Camilla's upper body and her choice of dress style and dress material.

The Saudis are good friends of the royal family and they value Prince Charles and his wife future positions. I do think the necklace was a bit too expensive to give though. I think the jewelry they gave Princess Diana was more in line.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

SCAMILLA: DUCHESS AVOIDS HUGE TAX BILL
Duchess ducks £175k tax on £1m necklace saying it is official gift

THE DUCHESS of Cornwall avoided paying £175,000 tax on her £1million diamond and ruby necklace by declaring it was a "gift to the nation".

Envy... it really is a curse!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Camilla will be at Bulford Camp on the 6th Feb, as she is only meeting soldiers and their families, I wonder if she will be in uniform.

The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 6th February
Old 02-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles' Wife Loves Goats' Milk Ice Cream

It's been revealed Britain's Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, is a huge fan of goats' milk ice cream.
Camilla - the wife of Prince Charles - ordered 18 liters of the tasty treat to be delivered to Highgrove - the royal couple's Gloucestershire estate - after tasting it at an East Yorkshire dairy.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is so creamy, but friends tell me it is an acquired taste and not for everyone!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:10 PM

I loathe goats milk but I love goats cheese. Not sure about goats milk ice cream.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

18 liters of the goats milk ice cream...i think she really loves it!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if she got the 'plain', the vanilla or one of the other delicious flavours.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ooh! Something new to try. I like goat's milk yoghurt, so I'll give the ice cream a go if I can find it.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

18 litres

Portly Duchess of Cornwall I shlould soon imagine.lol.

I do wonder how long it shall take the couple and whoever to get through such a mass of ice-cream. I don't believe I've even consumed that much ice-cream throughout life thus far

Still, better to stock up if its a good batch I guess.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe she's been reading the comments here about her leathery and crepey skin and she's going to bathe in it.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that was cows milk?.lol.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall bathes in tub of ice-cream..haha! Love it!

And what of the Saudi (?) necklace? Can't have one luxury without another...I say hop in that tub and wear 'ya' best diamonds too!! Just make sure they stay above milk level
Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Goat's milk? Oh ewww. I've tried it, and to be perfectly frank; horked it up immediately. I can't imagine 18 liters of it sitting in my garage.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I can't imagine 18 liters of it sitting in my garage.
How perculiar Here in Australia we keep it in a freezer

I find it interesting to learn the likes of various royals. It makes what is very much a one sided perception seem all the more real when you hear of them ordering 18 litres of ice-cream. They aren't so different afterall...well, at least not to an ice-creamery.lol.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Maybe she's been reading the comments here about her leathery and crepey skin and she's going to bathe in it.

I thought it was a mask of chicken skin that helped with that. Or maybe that was to cure a ruddy complexion. I think I got it mixed up.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
Ooh! Something new to try. I like goat's milk yoghurt, so I'll give the ice cream a go if I can find it.
The milk, to some, is awful, but the yoghurt, cheese and ice cream is delicious. She did say it was primarily for Charles, but with 18 litres I expect he will let her and their guests have some!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The milk, to some, is awful, but the yoghurt, cheese and ice cream is delicious. She did say it was primarily for Charles, but with 18 litres I expect he will let her and their guests have some!
I adore goats milk and, having kept a milking goat for a number of years can't imagine anything nicer (and creamier) than goats milk icecream.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I adore goats milk and, having kept a milking goat for a number of years can't imagine anything nicer (and creamier) than goats milk icecream.
I did say 'to some'. With Goats milk it always seems to be a case of love it or hate it, a bit like the various soy milks.

It is very creamy.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla to open £4m medical centre

THE Duchess of Cornwall is coming to Chippenham to officially open a new £4m medical centre.

Camilla To Open 4m Medical Centre (from Wiltshire Times)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall