The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RubyPrincess168 said:
I also saw this story. It said Charles was so disgusted with Camilla's looks compared with the society matrons of the same age in Philidelphia that he's insisting that she get a $107,000 total body makeover. He'll even give up his request for a mistress if she agrees. The next thing I heard was an official statement stating she's having surgery, but didn't say what for.

Unfortunately, these kinds of tabloid stories are the only and quickest news we get of the British royals. Occassionaly they'll make it on the national news or newspapers. Otherwise, we have to go to the internet and search out foreign news sources for information. Then it becomes an issue of whom to believe.

I hope he doesn't look at her the way the article said. He seems very much in love with her and will support her in what she wants to do to be the attractive wife that he wants around.:)

I doubt Charles will have a mistress again now that he has married his previous one. Tradition or not, I thought he is really in love with Camilla.

But there is not the British obsession with ageing that there is among the generations-rich (and bored) East Coast Society Patrons. I think Camilla is rather pretty for her age and any of the silly things the US twits do would only make her look ridiculous.

But would get the BAFTA for it?
(British equivalent of USA Oscar)

If I were Camilla, I would be thrilled. A great actress who looks fabulous and would do an amazing job with a sympathetic script.

This weeks National Examiner's cover story is that Camilla is in fact dying. The article basically says that her hystorectomy surgery is pretty serious and may in fact be cancer. Because Clarence House issued the press release stating Camilla would have surgery and that it was not cancer without having first been questioned by the press, they are actually trying to cover up the severity of Camilla's illness and that it's so bad she could be dying.

I'm such a sucker for these stories!

Skydragon said:
MIRREN: 'I WANT TO PLAY ROYAL CAMILLA'

Dame Helen Mirren would love to play British royal CAMILLA, DUCHESS OF CORNWALL in a new biopic.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link, Skydragon. It also had a link to the fictitious 'invitation to tea with the Queen' for Mirren after she won her award. It was so convincing after reading numerous articles coming from recognized news agencies about Mirren's invite to have tea with the Queen.:ermm:

RubyPrincess168 said:
This weeks National Examiner's cover story is that Camilla is in fact dying. The article basically says that her hystorectomy surgery is pretty serious and may in fact be cancer. Because Clarence House issued the press release stating Camilla would have surgery and that it was not cancer without having first been questioned by the press, they are actually trying to cover up the severity of Camilla's illness and that it's so bad she could be dying.

I'm such a sucker for these stories!

I am quite sure that if she did in fact have cancer she would have been whipped off to to surgery at lightning speed. Instead she has been merrily holidaying in the Middle East. I believe Clarence House in this instance.

Reads like someone is trying to whip up a frenzy over the NHS mess by dragging a Royal into it.

The Duchess certainly doesn't seem to be getting special attention--not that I think she's that sick. At a certain point, a hysterectomy becomes a preventative but Elective option regarding future health problems.

Camilla doesn't seem all that concerned (not that we'd know, of course) but if the operation were for more serious reasons, there would be more of an attitude from Clarence House.

RubyPrincess168 said:
:lol: Clarence House tries to think of everything by releasing a statement that says it is not cancer and some journalists decide it must be and that is why they said it isn't. :wacko: Why on earth would they want to cover it up, surely if it were the case, they would want to play the sympathy card! Camilla would also immediately have become a patron for a cancer related charity or hospice.

No, all you can do is laugh at this sort of article! :rolleyes:

I should add that it can't whip up a frenzy over the NHS, as all the Royal Family are private!

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
But would get the BAFTA for it?
(British equivalent of USA Oscar)

If I were Camilla, I would be thrilled. A great actress who looks fabulous and would do an amazing job with a sympathetic script.

If I were Camilla, I would want to be left alone with my life. It's tough enough for the queen to have to stand a filmmaker's interpretation of what went on in her heart and her mind during this horrible week and to see someone else interpret her character. It doesn't matter that Helen Mirren seems to have been respectful - the thing is that the queen did not ask her to that and thus she intruded on the queen's privacy. No matter how much Helen Mirren declares her admiration for the queen, for me it is presumptious.

And now HRH the wife of The Prince of Wales as well..I don't believe Camilla needs a movie to show the masses how she really is. She has shown that she treasures her privacy and her private sphere which inevitably would be intruded by a movie - no matter how "sympathetic" the approach. I like Camilla the way she is and the way she presents herself to the public. I don't need a sneak view into her life before her marriage to Charles. Just my opinion, of course.

Jo, I agree with your point on paper. And I also doubt Camilla would be thrilled. But the reality of the situation is that "The Queen" did very well. Hollywood sees something does well and and will do variations as will the UK. "Young Victoria" is in developement. It will be out in 2009. More films of royalty will follow.
Camilla unfortunately has no shot of her and Charles being left alone. That stopped in 1992 when she became a public figure. That is the reality. And unfortunately a C+C+D film is going to be made at some point. If it is going to happen anyway, isn't it better to have an actress who likes Camilla and a good script?

RubyPrincess168 said:
What's NHS?

National Health Service - its the government-run national health program that runs the hospitals and medical services in Great Britain

Jo of Palatine said:
If I were Camilla, I would want to be left alone with my life. It's tough enough for the queen to have to stand a filmmaker's interpretation of what went on in her heart and her mind during this horrible week and to see someone else interpret her character. It doesn't matter that Helen Mirren seems to have been respectful - the thing is that the queen did not ask her to that and thus she intruded on the queen's privacy. No matter how much Helen Mirren declares her admiration for the queen, for me it is presumptious.

And now HRH the wife of The Prince of Wales as well..I don't believe Camilla needs a movie to show the masses how she really is. She has shown that she treasures her privacy and her private sphere which inevitably would be intruded by a movie - no matter how "sympathetic" the approach. I like Camilla the way she is and the way she presents herself to the public. I don't need a sneak view into her life before her marriage to Charles. Just my opinion, of course.

Do you object when any public figure's life is fictionalized in film, or is your concern mainly with the British Royal Family?

I imagine if the movie makers were as high minded as you appear to want them to be and if they didn't touch the lives of any public figure, then the world of motion pictures would be a lot poorer for the lack of some really great films that were based on people's actual lives.

ysbel said:
National Health Service - its the government-run national health program that runs the hospitals and medical services in Great Britain
Ooop's sorry, I forgot that it's a British abbreviation.

Camilla has already been fictionalized in made for TV movies about Diana,and also about Charles and herself. All of the Royal family have been portrayed,warts and all,fairly and unfairly over the last ten years.They are all probably resigned to the fact that sometimes movie portrayals are favorable or unfavorable,depending on the public's views on recent events.Things were pretty negative after Diana left,was divorced,then died.Camilla was seen in a pretty bad light for sometime;years have softened the public perception of her.

There will be lot of paparazzis in front of the hospital...

Skydragon said:
Ooop's sorry, I forgot that it's a British abbreviation.
Its my apology. I'm a Yank and I still used it.

I forget not everyone reads as much as I do. I drop international abbreviations like I'm a local without realizing it makes me a bit presumptuous (and a wee snotty too ;) ).

If I were Camilla I would go in this afternoon under a wig and thwart all those buggers. But perhaps it would be a better Public Relations move to be snapped at the hospital before she is Missing In Action for nearly two months?

Suonymona said:
If I were Camilla I would go in this afternoon under a wig and thwart all those buggers. But perhaps it would be a better Public Relations move to be snapped at the hospital before she is Missing In Action for nearly two months?

Maybe it would be even better PR move to be snapped while still in wig :lol: ?

ysbel said:
Do you object when any public figure's life is fictionalized in film, or is your concern mainly with the British Royal Family?

I imagine if the movie makers were as high minded as you appear to want them to be and if they didn't touch the lives of any public figure, then the world of motion pictures would be a lot poorer for the lack of some really great films that were based on people's actual lives.

I don't object in general as I see the need of the public for such films and thus they are produced. What I wanted to say is that it's a difference if someone like Camilla has resigned herself to the fact that the film industry sees her life as interesting topic or if - as the quote by Dame Helen Mirren seems to imply - she should be grateful that someone classy like Helen Mirren wants to do this said film. Camilla need not be grateful as surely such a film is against her personal wishes. :flowers:

"About one in five women in Britain has a hysterectomy before the age of 60." That seems an enormously high rate.

kaffir said:
"About one in five women in Britain has a hysterectomy before the age of 60." That seems an enormously high rate.

I wonder if they mean that one in five hysterectomies is done in women under 60. They can't be saying that 20% of women under 60 have had hysterectomies, surely.

With Camilla in hospital we will take the opportunity to move to a new thread.

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 6 thread can be found here.

° °

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom