The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 4: December 2006 - January 28, 2007

Arms of HRH the Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall current events thread, part 4

commencing December 2006

Part 3, covering the period September to December 2006 can be found here

Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM

Smile prenup

Does anyone know if Prince Charles and Camila have a prenuptial agreement when they wedded?
I believe the royals have annual allowance, but does anyone know about how much???
Thanks all and have a lovely Xmas :)

Old 12-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Seasons greetings.

I think it unlikely that Charles and Camilla have a pre-nuptial agreement, they are still rare in the UK and I am not sure that they are legally binding under UK law anyway!

They do not as such get an annual allowance. Charles gets a small amount from the civil list, to help with the cost of entertaining and general upkeep of CH. He does earn an amount from the Duchy and this pays for Camilla, William, Harry and Charles' other expenses.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Here is the link to the Prince of Wales website page which discusses finances.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

I was watching this program about the royal family on the We network and they had a couple of journalists saying that even though Charles and Camilla were married we would never see Camilla appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace while the Queen was on it? Is this perhaps an older program? I could swear I have seen Camilla on the balcony before but I could be wrong. Does anybody have any idea?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
I was watching this program about the royal family on the We network and they had a couple of journalists saying that even though Charles and Camilla were married we would never see Camilla appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace while the Queen was on it? Is this perhaps an older program? I could swear I have seen Camilla on the balcony before but I could be wrong. Does anybody have any idea?
It must have been an old programme.

This was Camilla's first appearance on the balcony in June 2005 (getty images)
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Skydragon, I thought their statements were rather odd considering they are married.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Commoner

I read that the Prince of Wales said that he would not need a pre-nup because he knew that this marriage was going to last.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 PM

Interesting anecdote from David Gest. He was speaking on "This Morning" today and said that he'd met Camilla. For those who don't know, David was a contestant on "I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here" and he claimed he had a maid called Vaginika. According to him, Camilla said to him, "I loved you in the jungle. Please give my best wishes to Vaginika - I adore her".
Old 12-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sick Camilla cancels factory visit

The Duchess of Cornwall has had to pull out of a trip to a Christmas pudding factory due to a bout of gastro-enteritis, Clarence House said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08122006/34...ory-visit.html

I wish her a speedy recovery!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

So do I, nasty illness so debilitating
Old 12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Get well soon!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm joining to the get-well wishes. Hope Camilla recovers soon and is able to celebrate the Christmas in excellent health (and mood).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Best wishes from me, too! Yes, its a really unpleasant illness. And it can catch you very fast.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Get well soon, Camilla!
(I hope some of Charles´ herbal medicine will help, and we will see HRH next week in good health again.)
Old 12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Seasons greetings.

I think it unlikely that Charles and Camilla have a pre-nuptial agreement, they are still rare in the UK and I am not sure that they are legally binding under UK law anyway!

They do not as such get an annual allowance. Charles gets a small amount from the civil list, to help with the cost of entertaining and general upkeep of CH. He does earn an amount from the Duchy and this pays for Camilla, William, Harry and Charles' other expenses.
I think the real question, for which we'll probably never get an answer, is what provisions have been made for a widowed Duchess of Cornwall or a widowed Princess Consort. The likelihood of Charles dying before Camilla is much greater than that of a second divorce IMO. Financial matters could become very complicated if William were to become PoW or monarch, and a widowed Camilla had to be provided for (and I'm sure Charles would be concerned about giving Camilla a comfortable lifestyle, especially since he has already settled generous sums on her children). Just think about the haggling over jewelry and tiaras alone!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Courtier

I am sure Charles has provide for Camilla if something could happen. And this may be before their marriage. But I don´t see what could become complicated if William is POW. Camilla is a member of the BRF. What can happen to her? If Charles will die (hopefully not in next years) she holds his/her titles. Even if Charles has done nothing (what I don´t believe) she will get money from BRF and/or taxpayers. Or am I wrong?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Ever since the Duchess of Kent was made effectively homeless and broke when Prince George died, the Royals have taken care to provide for each other should the worst happen so I assume that Charles has made financial provision. If she's Queen when he dies then she'll be taken care of by the Civil List I imagine.

If William becomes Prince of Wales whilst Camilla is Princess of Wales then Camilla has several options;

1) Remain known as Duchess of Cornwall and be Dowager Princess of Wales
2) Become known as HRH The Dowager Princess of Wales
3) Use the precedent of Princess Alice and become HRH Princess Camilla, Princess of Wales
4) Be granted a new title - for example, HRH The Duchess of Milford-Haven and use that until her death

Once she's Queen, she'll retain the style for life and after Charles dies would become HM The Dowager Queen Camilla and basically just be known as HM Queen Camilla.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

A question...

Gastro-enteritis. Is that the one where your toilet is your best friend?
Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Gastro-enteritis. Is that the one where your toilet is your best friend?
Yup, not a lot of fun.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall