The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that´s nice, BeatrixFan. Thanks for the info.

Ah, I think it was Milly Bell in the white dress. I think I remember hearing her name on the news and seeing her pic so I think we can assume that it's Milly Bell. I admire Camilla for being able to be so colourful and friendly with the children when most of us would be tempted to be patronising or condescending both because of their age and situations.

BeatrixFan said:
Ah, I think it was Milly Bell in the white dress. I think I remember hearing her name on the news and seeing her pic so I think we can assume that it's Milly Bell. I admire Camilla for being able to be so colourful and friendly with the children when most of us would be tempted to be patronising or condescending both because of their age and situations.

But then she is a mother herself who has lead her children through the probably problematic marriage to APB and the divorce, then she had to take care of Diana's boys after the death of their mother - so I am convinced interacting with traumatized children is not a foreign field for her. My son lost his father at age 6 and now he has a friend whose father is about to die from cancer as well - my son came to me to ask for advice how to deal with him because, as he said, "you know how to do it". For me it is the greatest compliment ever and I believe that Camilla knows how to do it as well.

For me, HRH has proved that she really was worth turning to when the prince's marriage ended in disaster because she is such a warm and caring person. The way she interacts with these children and the way the princes love her is further proof. I'm glad she is there for them and I do hope she gets as much out of her new station in life as she gave, has been giving, gives and will give!

I'm sorry to hear of the situation you found yourself in Jo. I think you're right. Gyles Brandreth said in an interview that many people forget that it wasn't the Queen who looked after the boys after Di's death but Charles and Camilla. Camilla had to become a mother again and so I think that it's very interesting to see how she reacts with very young children.

It is Duchess Camilla elegant and happy! She see out elegant dress and beautiful blue dress!!!

I agree Oppie. It's such a special thing for the children who can look forward to their trip to decorate the tree with Camilla at Clarence House.

BeatrixFan said:
I'm sorry to hear of the situation you found yourself in Jo. I think you're right. Gyles Brandreth said in an interview that many people forget that it wasn't the Queen who looked after the boys after Di's death but Charles and Camilla. Camilla had to become a mother again and so I think that it's very interesting to see how she reacts with very young children.
Well, it happened as it happened. I was able to deal with it as good as I could and I'm not devasted... But I very much appreciated your words. :flowers:
As for Camilla and the princes: once one parent is dead or away (due to a divorce or other reasons) children tend to seek for a new person they can trust. It's difficult as they normally rely heavily on the left-over parent. I have no idea how the fact that there has been a "official position" with duties and privileges worked out for them . One thing I consider as fact: HM and POW were engaged most of the time - they do have a terrifying workload including the time needed for preparations etc. But there was that woman Charles has loved because she was so understanding and warm - things he obviously missed in his own childhood. ( A similar relationship comes to mind when one sees Crown Princess Mary interact with her son and realizes that she, too, married a man who told the public he felt "not loved by his mother" (or word to give that impression) when he was a child. ).

So the most realistical scenario would be that Charles let his half-orphaned sons get to the source of his own well-being: the warmth and love of Camilla. I have no doubt that the two princes could write their own book about their mother, their father and Camilla. I sincerely believe that due to the situation our "talkative" (think of the diaries!) prince told them enough to make them understand that they can love Camilla as well as Diana. But I believe as well that a private person like POW wants them to make up their own mind, thus giving them enough freedom to pursue their own questions at their own time (there are kids who never ask!). And I for one respect their privacy, so won't say no more.:flowers:

Thank you very much for the pictures, Oppie.
it is indeed a great tradition, and I hope Camilla and Charles will continue it for many years to come.
And by the way, why wasn't Prince Charles present this year? Does anyone know?

Thank you so much to Avalon and Oppie for sending these nice pics of today!:flowers:
Both are great events, and i love it to see Camilla with the children!
Her warmth and closeness to children says much about herself.
And it´s nice too, to see HRH in good health again.

Avalon said:
it is indeed a great tradition, and I hope Camilla and Charles will continue it for many years to come.

May be Charles is fallen from gastro-enteritis...?:lol:
Am I wrong or was the decoration in Highgrove last year?

No, it was Clarence House last year as well. It's becoming a tradition that the children from the awards get to decorate the tree at Clarence House afterwards.

My guess is that Prince Charles is busy with receiving Diana's death investigation report. He probably had a brief talk with the officers involved and other related parties. Then he had to brief the information to his sons in Sandhurst.What a pity that he cannot join Camilla but Camilla has done a great job!

I really like the pictures of Camilla decorating the Christmas tree with the children. The Duchess exudes a motherly touch where little ones are concerned, and its quite endearing to see.

Avalon said:

He was at Buckingham Palace performing an investiture on behalf of the Queen. It was on the court calendar.

Hmm maybe not, just looked at the calendar and the investiture is today! Not yesterday, oops!

Last edited:
sinead said:
I personally think that the Duchess of Cornwall has come into her own. She is taking on more events and she is not trying to out shine anyone around her. Some of the comments that are still being lobbied are her are insensitive and some decorum of respect should be shown to her. She has made Prince Charles happy and she hasn’t tried to overtake any position in Princes William’s or Harry’s life, which I think is commendable.

very well said
i always enjoy seeing the duchess with children, they always seems quite taken with her and flock to be around her. to me it says alot about her personally, if you want to know someone really well see how they react around dogs and children. if dogs or children don't like them, look further somethings up.

:lol: Go Rod. I do agree with him. She does seem to ooze sexuality that wins her male admirers.

hornsen said:
Oomph! You can see it as a complimente. But to a marríed woman and future queen...? What does Charles say?:lol:

I was horrified at the thought of our gorgeous Camilla with Rod Stewart! That's why I said YUK. :ROFLMAO:

Camilla finds herself "cornered" in Royal Family portrait

London, Dec 16 : Even though she's now an important member of the British Royal Family, it seems that Prince Charles' wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, is still finding it a little difficult to find a niche of her own ? or at least that's what a new portrait hints at.

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?action=fullnews&id=67395

I would have said it says more about the artist!

It has just been taken from one of the photo's of the day. I don't think it is a very good portrait of any of them. The Queen is suddenly 25 again, I thought Charles was the Duke of Edinburgh, William could have been anyone. The only one that is halfway correct is Harry and why put the CO in? :ermm:
I don't think it was commissioned or approved by the RF, the article only says it was 'unveiled' for the Queen yesterday. It was probably a gift for the college.

If you watch it you´ll see another person on the left picture margin. I think its Prince Philip. So Camilla is centre again. You´re right, Skydragon, the BRF has nothing to do with the picture.

Skydragon said:
The Queen is suddenly 25 again,

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought Charles was the Duke of Edinburgh, William could have been anyone. The only one that is halfway correct is Harry and why put the CO in?
I don't think it was commissioned or approved by the RF, the article only says it was 'unveiled' for the Queen yesterday. It was probably a gift for the college.

And we don't see the whole picture. They cut Charles out of it to make it appear that the duchess looks bad. It seems that from the original idea the RF forms a nice ring around the queen and the Co, which is quite appropriate if the painting is a gift for the college. Still, the painter should have done something about Camilla! There must have been pictures which gives a better idea of a close-knitted family!

Jo of Palatine said:
They cut Charles out of it to make it appear that the duchess looks bad. It seems that from the original idea the RF forms a nice ring around the queen and the Co, which is quite appropriate if the painting is a gift for the college. Still, the painter should have done something about Camilla! There must have been pictures which gives a better idea of a close-knitted family!

Of course, that's why they put the CO in, he was retiring and this was to show his two famous cadets! They have numerous portraits of former CO's and 'famous' past cadets on the walls! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom