The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

DUCHESS 'DOWDY'

THE Duchess of Cornwall has been named one of the world's worst dressed women in a US style list.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

Mr Blackwell's fashion fiascoes

Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, dubbed the "Screamgirls" by Mr Blackwell, landed at the top of the former designer's annual worst dressed list today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/fashion/m...?s_cid=rss_smh

I have to admit, I have never heard of this chap and had to try to find something about him on the net, all I could find is that he is a rather b*tchy 'fashion critic and former designer', oh he must be right then!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 AM

Last year she was named best dressed by a far more respected magazine than the one responsible for "Duchess dowdy" and her style hasn't changed so I don't think much of these headlines. Then again, if you have to have a huge too-large-for-your-mouth brilliant white smile, bleach blonde hair and botoxed cheeks to look good, I'm quite pleased Camilla's got a "dowdy" style!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

I'll admit I think that the Duchess has odd taste in hats sometimes, but her clothes always look fine. Most people seem to get "dowdy" and "dignified" confused these days when it comes to fashion.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
I'll admit I think that the Duchess has odd taste in hats sometimes, but her clothes always look fine. Most people seem to get "dowdy" and "dignified" confused these days when it comes to fashion.

I agree with you... sometimes she did good choices regarding her wardrobe, but some other times... she did not. I hope she improves with the time, anyway she probably will be Queen consort, so she needs to dress properly

Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Gentry

I love Camilla's hats! I always look forward to seeing a new one from her.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

Duchess

the duchess is a very good dresser, mr blackwell should get his eyes check.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswallan
I love Camilla's hats! I always look forward to seeing a new one from her.
I also love Camilla's hats, maybe some years ago she didn't take much care of her wardrobe, but now her clothes look fine, and she is definitely an elegant woman.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I must agree that I like her style which is very befitting of her age. At least she's not trying to be something she's not by wearing inappropriate clothing.

As far as the rest of the list, I must say that he was dead on.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie
the duchess is a very good dresser, mr blackwell should get his eyes check.
Well, why not? His glasses look a tad outdated, so his refraction maybe as well.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Mr. Blackwell was a fan of the Late Princess?

I think the Duchess dresses very well for a women her age. Her style and figure are very becoming.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think most of her outfits are 'spot on' and being a hat person, I love her style, even though I wouldn't dare to wear some of them.

He probably became a critic because as a designer, he couldn't hack it.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He probably became a critic because as a designer, he couldn't hack it.
You must be right about Mr. Blackwell. I know I have good taste and Camilla's fashion is wonderful. I love her hats.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I refuse to even read the articles about this silly man's opinions. What does he expect HRH to wear? Mini-length puff-ball skirts and spaghetti strap tops and crop-top jackets like you see worn by scrawny teenage models on the cat-walks?

IMO Camilla is always appropriately and stylishly dressed for a person her age and situation.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Aristocracy

Emma Soames does a nice job of defending Camilla.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...camilla112.xml

While I never got the impression, Camilla was extremely obsessed on her wardrobe, I think she always looks nice in her choices.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Camilla dresses just fine.

I can think of one younger ex-royal wife who could do with some lessons from her on how to dress, not to mention said wife's daughters.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
And she makes an interesting and valuable point: Camilla dresses appropriate for British eyes.What the House of Windsor needed was not a new fashion queen but the epithome of a lady. Which they got.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
I enjoyed reading that article. Thanks for posting it, cde.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde

While I never got the impression, Camilla was extremely obsessed on her wardrobe, I think she always looks nice in her choices.
Very good article, thank you for posting it!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 AM

What does Emma Soames mean by "dresses well for her shape"? Good article but does she mean this comment in a good way or a bad way? What shape does she mean? Camilla's not Mama Cass for goodness sake.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

I do think it was made in a good way. We all have different body types and I took the comment as the Duchess doesn't wear clothing that doesn't flatter her. I just don't believe she would ever wear anything two sizes too small or a tight form-fitting mini-dress.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall