The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Back to the conversation about number of engagments here is the list for the entire BRF (I put it in that thread)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post554456 post 150

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Harlow Herald - 50 best Harlow moments 2006

http://www.harlowherald.co.uk/conten...A58%3A50%3A083

47 Musical Note

Harry James had a brush with royalty as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, wrote a handwritten letter to the musican (May 4). Mr James,64, of Madeleines in Harlow, is a great songwriter and sent a song dedicated to Prince Charles and his new wife. To his surprise Camilla replied and said she enjoyed the song and would like to pay Harry and Harlow a visit.

A nice story, isn´t it? And one more reason why Camilla is a great woman and a wonderful Duchess.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't see (in my view) that happiness as being something of a phenomenon
A lot of people having had a miserable time, when given that vital opportunity, seize the chance and see it as their own little miracle, (nothing to do with religion). For very many people it is a phenomenon.

I still hold with the view that Camilla has given us back the prince, a lot of us remember, from before his first miserable marriage. Who would have thought 5 years ago, that Charles and Camilla would have been given this chance of happiness, who would have thought that Camilla would be winning over the UK public. I am certain Charles had his doubts that he would be given this chance.

Nor do I believe that she is happy in the limelight or has ever had any wish to be seen as a celebrity. It is not everyones ideal.

The person she wants to be seen as important, is her husband. The person she wants to make happy is her husband and to that end, she will put up with being in the public eye!

Does she do enough each year for her charities, well they seem to think so and more than enough seem to be asking her to be their patron.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Harlow Herald - 50 best Harlow moments 2006

A nice story, isn´t it? And one more reason why Camilla is a great woman and a wonderful Duchess.
It is, thank you for finding and sharing it with us.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Does the Duchess have a lady in waiting. I couldn't find an answer and the thread on Princess Mary got me wondering.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

According to Majesty, she had one L-i-W who doubled as a secretary when she went to America but a Christmas report said that she now has two.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Courtier

No, Camilla has not formally appointed any lady-in-waiting but she has her personal secretaries to carry out similar functions. I think they are part-time based.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 AM

Well, Majesty Magazine claims that she has two. The Daily Mail today has a story in about Charles and Camilla going to the US and it says she'll take her lady in waiting but only mentions one.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Well, Majesty Magazine claims that she has two. The Daily Mail today has a story in about Charles and Camilla going to the US and it says she'll take her lady in waiting but only mentions one.
That's quite interesting to hear, thanks for reporting it! But I wonder, why hasn't any media picked up on this? I mean one would think that this would be something out of interest for people, royal watchers especially... So we have no idea of their names? Shouldn't we have seen them at some grander events, accompanying her?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Clarence House would probably tell you if you phoned their media office and asked the names of her L-i-W(s). Then again, we only really see the Queen's L-i-Ws and only then on day events or at the state opening of parliament. Otherwise the L-i-Ws keep a low profile.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6234043.stm

HRH has had to cancel an engagement because of a stomach bug. Trust the lefty Beeb to find the oldest picture of Camilla they can lay their hands on to use. Honestly.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Poor Camilla, there seems to be a lot of these bugs about at the moment. At least she has the sense to stay at home and not spread any infection!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

I´m sad to hear that Camilla is ill again. Hopefully it´s not something serious with her stomach. When you get two gastric bugs in four weeks it is not funny ....poor Camilla! So i hope she will get well soon and has time to recover at Birkhall. And i hope the Prince will make her many mugs of camomile tea and bring them to her bed...

You´re right with the pic BeatrixFan. Maybe we should sent some new photos of the Duchess to the BBC...this one is 20 years old...or older?...
Old 01-05-2007, 03:58 PM

It's circa 1980 by the look of it. They had a pic with a story the other day from the late 70s. I swear they do it on purpose.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Why there are two articles about her on BBC-website?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/6233949.stm

The pic is from 2005 but, not much better.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Courtier

One is in the Scotland section the other is in the UK section.

I love that picture, just because it was taken right after the little girl ran up to her to hand her the flowers, it was a cute moment.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

i have agree with milla ca

its would says stomatch aint funny for Duchess of Cornwall getting more serious

let her Duchess of Cornwall get well soon
Old 01-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps her immune system is running a little low atm. Whatever the bug, or cause, I do hope she recovers soon from what can be a debilitating nuisance (especially if its recurrent).

Bed rest and liquids, that shall flush out the bug!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Any word on the Duchess? If she hasn't got rid of the bug all ready I hope she does very soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Check the Charles and Camilla thread, she went to church on Sunday so it looks like she is feeling better.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall