The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Camilla, there seems to be a lot of these bugs about at the moment. At least she has the sense to stay at home and not spread any infection!

I´m sad to hear that Camilla is ill again. Hopefully it´s not something serious with her stomach. When you get two gastric bugs in four weeks it is not funny:sad: ....poor Camilla! So i hope she will get well soon and has time to recover at Birkhall. And i hope the Prince will make her many mugs of camomile tea and bring them to her bed...

You´re right with the pic BeatrixFan. Maybe we should sent some new photos of the Duchess to the BBC...this one is 20 years old...or older?...

It's circa 1980 by the look of it. They had a pic with a story the other day from the late 70s. I swear they do it on purpose.

One is in the Scotland section the other is in the UK section.

I love that picture, just because it was taken right after the little girl ran up to her to hand her the flowers, it was a cute moment.

i have agree with milla ca

its would says stomatch aint funny for Duchess of Cornwall getting more serious

let her Duchess of Cornwall get well soon

Perhaps her immune system is running a little low atm. Whatever the bug, or cause, I do hope she recovers soon from what can be a debilitating nuisance (especially if its recurrent).

Bed rest and liquids, that shall flush out the bug!

Last edited:
Any word on the Duchess? If she hasn't got rid of the bug all ready I hope she does very soon.

Check the Charles and Camilla thread, she went to church on Sunday so it looks like she is feeling better.

DUCHESS 'DOWDY'

THE Duchess of Cornwall has been named one of the world's worst dressed women in a US style list.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=duchess--dowdy--&method=full&objectid=18432608&siteid=66633-name_page.html

Mr Blackwell's fashion fiascoes

Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, dubbed the "Screamgirls" by Mr Blackwell, landed at the top of the former designer's annual worst dressed list today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/fashion/mr-blackwells-fashion-fiascoes/2007/01/10/1168105023392.html?s_cid=rss_smh

I have to admit, I have never heard of this chap and had to try to find something about him on the net, all I could find is that he is a rather b*tchy 'fashion critic and former designer', oh he must be right then! :ROFLMAO:

Last year she was named best dressed by a far more respected magazine than the one responsible for "Duchess dowdy" and her style hasn't changed so I don't think much of these headlines. Then again, if you have to have a huge too-large-for-your-mouth brilliant white smile, bleach blonde hair and botoxed cheeks to look good, I'm quite pleased Camilla's got a "dowdy" style!

I'll admit I think that the Duchess has odd taste in hats sometimes, but her clothes always look fine. Most people seem to get "dowdy" and "dignified" confused these days when it comes to fashion.

Chiyo said:
I'll admit I think that the Duchess has odd taste in hats sometimes, but her clothes always look fine. Most people seem to get "dowdy" and "dignified" confused these days when it comes to fashion.

I agree with you... sometimes she did good choices regarding her wardrobe, but some other times... she did not. I hope she improves with the time, anyway she probably will be Queen consort, so she needs to dress properly

:)

I love Camilla's hats! :) I always look forward to seeing a new one from her.

Duchess

the duchess is a very good dresser, mr blackwell should get his eyes check.:bang:

Caswallan said:
I love Camilla's hats! :) I always look forward to seeing a new one from her.

I also love Camilla's hats, maybe some years ago she didn't take much care of her wardrobe, but now her clothes look fine, and she is definitely an elegant woman.

I must agree that I like her style which is very befitting of her age. At least she's not trying to be something she's not by wearing inappropriate clothing.

As far as the rest of the list, I must say that he was dead on.:ohmy:

sophie said:
the duchess is a very good dresser, mr blackwell should get his eyes check.:bang:

Well, why not? His glasses look a tad outdated, so his refraction maybe as well.:unsure:

I wonder if Mr. Blackwell was a fan of the Late Princess?

I think the Duchess dresses very well for a women her age. Her style and figure are very becoming.

I think most of her outfits are 'spot on' and being a hat person, I love her style, even though I wouldn't dare to wear some of them.

He probably became a critic because as a designer, he couldn't hack it. :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
He probably became a critic because as a designer, he couldn't hack it.

You must be right about Mr. Blackwell. I know I have good taste and Camilla's fashion is wonderful. I love her hats.:flowers:

I refuse to even read the articles about this silly man's opinions. What does he expect HRH to wear? Mini-length puff-ball skirts and spaghetti strap tops and crop-top jackets like you see worn by scrawny teenage models on the cat-walks?

IMO Camilla is always appropriately and stylishly dressed for a person her age and situation.

I think Camilla dresses just fine.

I can think of one younger ex-royal wife who could do with some lessons from her on how to dress, not to mention said wife's daughters.

What does Emma Soames mean by "dresses well for her shape"? Good article but does she mean this comment in a good way or a bad way? What shape does she mean? Camilla's not Mama Cass for goodness sake.

I do think it was made in a good way. We all have different body types and I took the comment as the Duchess doesn't wear clothing that doesn't flatter her. I just don't believe she would ever wear anything two sizes too small or a tight form-fitting mini-dress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom