The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 4: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
It has just been taken from one of the photo's of the day. I don't think it is a very good portrait of any of them. The Queen is suddenly 25 again, I thought Charles was the Duke of Edinburgh, William could have been anyone. The only one that is halfway correct is Harry and why put the CO in? :ermm:

Is that supposed to be Charles? I thought it was the Duke of Edinburgh. The person has the Duke's stance, and doesn't have Charles' ears.

Gladys said:
It's very telling that everybody who has met her tells pretty much the same story how nice and warm and funny she is. People who speak badly of her probably have never met her.

Exactly :) And that goes for all royals really, not just Camilla.

And she must radiant something. People always tell she is very pretty and/or sexy. And she is almost 60 years old! Lucky Charles :wub:

Madame Royale said:
Exactly :) And that goes for all royals really, not just Camilla.

But now when even tabloid hacks declare her likeable it probably will be much more easier ;)

For the painting, it is based on a picture. Forgotten what the paper said,the most significant thing in the painting is that Camilla is there and among other the Wales Princes and Queen and Prince . I mistaken DOE for Prince Charles as well. After I saw the whole painting,I found Charles stood the lower step. Probbaly it is better to see a picture than a painting then we will see the features of the faces clearly!!!

AgnesK said:
But now when even tabloid hacks declare her likeable it probably will be much more easier ;)

Silly those who choose to believe in tabloid matter, I'm sure you would agree ;)

Nice to read for people like me who have always appreciated her

I think it is only a bad picture, painted from a photo, and it has nothing to do with Camilla´s role in the Royal Family, because there she has her place in the centre and not in a corner!;)

And if now the tabloid press starts to descibe Camilla as a warm and also pretty woman, i don´t know if it´s only a sign of Christmas spirit, or do they really start to write the truth...sometimes...?:ROFLMAO:

Madame Royale said:
Silly those who choose to believe in tabloid matter, I'm sure you would agree ;)

Of course I would but on the other hand there are plenty of people who base their "view" of the person on tabloids articles :rolleyes:

milla Ca said:
And if now the tabloid press starts to descibe Camilla as a warm and also pretty woman, i don´t know if it´s only a sign of Christmas spirit, or do they really start to write the truth...sometimes...?:ROFLMAO:
I think it's the spirits (the liquid variety)!:lol: There are similarly nice pieces written about Anne and Zara these days also.

The Duchess looks lovely, this shade of green suits her very much!

Thanks for the pics!

< ed >
Camilla really seems to enjoy herself at the London International Horse Show and I expect she would rather be riding the horses than just talking to the riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
PRACTICAL CAMILLA STEPS OUT IN FAVOURITE OUTFIT

As the equestrian competition heated up at the International Horse Show, in the style stakes there was a clear winner. The Duchess of Cornwall put in a show-stealing performance at the London event turning heads in an elegant velvet frock-coat which has proved a firm favourite over the years.

Pictures:
Camilla at the International Horse of the Year show
Camilla, swtiching on Christmas lights in 2005

The burgundy version of the dress at the Prince's Trust gala in 2005

Nice pics! Thank you very much for posting!:flowers:
To see the beaming Duchess makes me always smile.The pics with Camilla stroking the horses are my favourites today.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meets previously homeless men at the Emmaus community centre on December13, 2006 in Bristol, England.
Emmaus tackles the problem of homelessness through a network of self-supporting communities. Emmaus residents, known as companions, work together, refurbishing and selling donated furniture.

Pics:
Camilla
Camilla 2
Camilla drinking tea

Camilla with previously homeless people
Camilla with previously homeless people 2
Camilla with previously homeless people 3

More pictures from getty here.

Last edited:
Impressed

I'm very impressed by the way how the Duchess of Cornwall performs her duties.

Goodnatured, accessible, wonderfully dressed but yet always a touch of what she is: Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall.

It looks like she has the best interaction with the 'common Briton in the street': both the Duchess and the people seem very comfortable in each other's presence.

That is not the case with most royals.

Absolute crap. I've never heard so much old toffee in all my life. What would they rather? HRH goes out every day to christen a chip shop? Have the Daily Express ever heard of quality and not quantity? Obviously not, or we'd only get one of their hopeless publications once every decade. Lazy indeed.

Oh well, perhaps a review of Camillas' schedule will be a priority in 2007? That's if they (CH and BP) feel it needs to be reviewed.

With each new year, I'm sure she feels more at ease in her role :flowers:

Last edited:
I see lots of pics on these pages showing Camilla attending events, with and without Charles, and, IMO, doing a sterling job. So what if she doesn't do as many engagements as the others! I think it is wrong to compare what she does with what the born Royals do, or the members of the family who married in, because the born Royals know no other way of life, and the others married in many years ago when they were relatively young, and are used to the job. They grew into it, and she should be allowed to do so too. Her primary role is to be Charles' consort, and she's doing that job extremely well, IMO. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom