The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal appointment

The De La Warr Pavilion is delighted to announce that, following her visit in May this year,
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall has agreed to the title of President of the De La Warr Pavilion.

http://www.bexhilltoday.co.uk/ViewAr...icleid=1879381

Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 PM

HRH looks stunning tonight at the Prince's Trust Gala. She's sporting some pretty spectacular sapphires so the search is on for where she got them!

Pic from Polfoto.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2892/trust1if1.jpg

Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla will open North Star campus

http://www.thisisswindon.co.uk/displ...tar_campus.php

It has been announced that The Duchess of Cornwall will officially open the new campus at Swindon College at the end of the month.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

Swindon College reminded me, I noticed Camilla is listed as having 2 days of engagements so far, on the days Charles will be in Africa.
Although annoying nothing so far explains why she isn't going with Charles on the tour.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
Swindon College reminded me, I noticed Camilla is listed as having 2 days of engagements so far, on the days Charles will be in Africa.
Although annoying nothing so far explains why she isn't going with Charles on the tour.
At the beginning of this year it was announced that C+C will undertake 2 trips together. Can´t imagine why Camilla isn´t with him. May be Clarence House is carefully with her. You know, image and so on...
Old 11-18-2006, 03:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
At the beginning of this year it was announced that C+C will undertake 2 trips together. Can´t imagine why Camilla isn´t with him. May be Clarence House is carefully with her. You know, image and so on...
They had two trips abroad together this year, hornsen:
At the end of March they visited Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India, and now in October Pakistan!

I think it was planed that Camilla don´t go with the Prince to Africa.
Maybe the reason is only that they don´t have to do everything together, Camilla will have at these days some engagement in the UK, and maybe she also needs some days for herself or her family.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
At the beginning of this year it was announced that C+C will undertake 2 trips together. Can´t imagine why Camilla isn´t with him.
Camilla's got 2 engagements onTuesday Nov 28th and is one on Wed Nov 29th. The Nov 29th engagement the organisers wrote to Clarence House requesting Camilla come and open their new college campus I think so must have been a date fixed a long time ahead. Since the organisers specifically asked for Camilla rather than any royal she's obviously made the effort to attend. The date clashed with Charles' trip to Africa, which was his trip so it wasn't totally necessary for her to go. Plus it's only a 3 day trip, their other overseas trips lasted, 2 weeks and 1 week respectively.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Nice to see Camilla to have more solo engagements. Once she becomes more comfortable with the public appearance, it is a good idea for her to have more solo engagements. Camilla has to be trained for more important events because she will be future Princess Consort or Queen in my opnion. She will have to develop her indepence although she can keep her devotion to Charles and being his rock.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:30 PM

Well, I do agree love_cc - it's important that Camilla starts to do more ceremonial events. For example, naming ships and taking the salute, giving out medals to regiments etc etc. But the opportunities for those things are sadly quite rare.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's great, more and more organisations are asking Camilla to represent them or open something for them.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think it's great, more and more organisations are asking Camilla to represent them or open something for them.
If it wasn't for the perception of a lot of people about the past Camilla could end up the most popular member of the Royal Family because IMHO she represents so much people like about the British way of life. She is a lady, takes responsibility and appears to be capable but is not "effective" alone but warm and caring. She is a no-nonsense-type of woman but appears to be able to take time even for frivolous or plain nice things. It's this mixture that makes her somehow irresistable: dry wit but without a sting, enduring but always willing to agree laughingly that a cup of tea would be nice, well-bred but without prejudices. But first of all she appears to be "the real thing" - I believe today a lot of people understand what Charles meant with the infamous "Tampax"-sentence: who wouldn't want to be completely surrounded by the attention and the love of a lady like Camilla?

She obviously has been all that even when the media painted her black - no wonder she got the prince in the end. Only question is: does the prince deserve her? After following his life for years, IMHO he does!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

Jo, I agree whole heartedly with you! Unfortunately I think we may both get "shot down in flames" by those who do not want to see how wonderful Camilla is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
If it wasn't for the perception of a lot of people about the past Camilla could end up the most popular member of the Royal Family because IMHO she represents so much people like about the British way of life. She is a lady, takes responsibility and appears to be capable but is not "effective" alone but warm and caring. She is a no-nonsense-type of woman but appears to be able to take time even for frivolous or plain nice things. It's this mixture that makes her somehow irresistable: dry wit but without a sting, enduring but always willing to agree laughingly that a cup of tea would be nice, well-bred but without prejudices. But first of all she appears to be "the real thing" - I believe today a lot of people understand what Charles meant with the infamous "Tampax"-sentence: who wouldn't want to be completely surrounded by the attention and the love of a lady like Camilla?

She obviously has been all that even when the media painted her black - no wonder she got the prince in the end. Only question is: does the prince deserve her? After following his life for years, IMHO he does!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe today a lot of people understand what Charles meant with the infamous "Tampax"-sentence: who wouldn't want to be completely surrounded by the attention and the love of a lady like Camilla?
Well, I for one still think it was an entirely vulgar way of expressing his love for her, but, it must be stated that the poor man would have never expected his private phone call to be splashed across the media. That in itself was a severe intrusion (not to mention illegal) upon their privacy.

It certainly put a 'new' twist on wanting be completely surrounded by the woman you love
Old 11-18-2006, 09:17 PM

I must say that I always found that whole incident sickening. If it had been a phone message between the Blairs exposed, there would have been uproar. We all say things to our partners that we keep for them. Pillow talk is pillow talk and let's be entirely grown up about this - phone sex is not a rare occurence between adults. If some of the things I've said to partners in the past over the phone were published I'd never dare show my face again. Lady Troubridge once said, "Never write anything down that you wouldn't like to see published in a newspaper". And she was right - but a telephone conversation is totally different. It's a private thing and all couples have their sexual turn-ons. If saucy phone calls did it for Charles and Camilla, then they certainly aren't alone - the difference is that most couples don't have it printed in national newspapers. But if you read the transcript of "Camillagate", it's certainly not bad. The tampax comment is actually quite witty and is said in jest. The main theme is love - you hear (read) how much Charles and Camilla love each other and that's why Gyles Brandreth printed the transcript in his book, "Portrait of a Love Affair". Compare it to Squidgeygate and the two themes are very different. Squidgeygate is about sex. Camillagate is about love with a few Carry-On innuendos. I think history will forget Camillagate - it just isn't that important anymore.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting post BeatrixFan.

I still think (and always shall) that it was just awfull .lol. and of course they are not the only two who have ventured down the phone line to do whatever it is people who do that do. Very unlucky, that's all

I'm sure that for most it is forgotten.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for the pictures and news.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla's dearest cause

Family tragedy inspired the Duchess of Cornwall to lead the fight against osteoporosis. Emma Soames reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/ma...0/hosteo20.xml
Old 11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla's dearest cause

Family tragedy inspired the Duchess of Cornwall to lead the fight against osteoporosis. Emma Soames reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/ma...0/hosteo20.xml
Thank you so much Skydragon for this link!
A very good article in the Telegragh. Emma Soames writes about the importance and intensity of Camilla´s work for the NOS,
and you can read also about her kindness, being down to earth, how she can easily talk to the people, that she doesn´t need the limelight to show the effects of her work...
I hope many people have read this report today!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Thank you so much Skydragon for this link!
A very good article in the Telegragh. Emma Soames writes about the importance and intensity of Camilla´s work for the NOS,
and you can read also about her kindness, being down to earth, how she can easily talk to the people, that she doesn´t need the limelight to show the effects of her work...
I hope many people have read this report today!
Thank you milla Ca. She always struck me as someone you can have a good old chat with, down to earth, great sense of humour and of course, she loves horses and dogs!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

As do I Id love to have a chat with her, especially since her wedding to the POW.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall