The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

UK - Camilla Duchess of Cornwall in Brooch Worn by Diana
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the film premiere of 'The History Boys' at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square and wears a diamond brooch in the Prince of Wales feather emblem with emerald pendant.

from profimedia

Old 10-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the link. i found it annoying except for a couple of models all of the women were wives, daughters or girlfriends - ie: getting their power from men not in their own right. so really proud to see Zara made the cut, shes a superstar in her sport on her own 2 feet (or 4 hooves as it were).
so heres the list of most powerful women in business http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/for...pay/index.html and i'm glad to see some blondes. :)

Old 10-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Caption:"Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the book launch of 'The Year Of Eating Dangerously' by Tom Parker Bowles, at Kensington Place on October 12, 2006 in London, England."

(Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

When i saw the picture of Camilla with her children from yesterday evening, it seams to me that her daughter Laura looks like, as if she is pregnant. I thought the same first, when i saw her at the memorial service for Bruce Shand some weeks ago.

I don´t want to make new rumours...but what do you think?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Laura does seem to look fuller but there untill the official announcement, all we can do, is guessing (and hoping!).

The Duchess looked splendid yesterday (on both occasions!).
I just love to see how close Camilla is to her children-in-law.

Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images
All pictures of the yesterday's event can be found here
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Courtier

To me it also seems that Laura is pregnant. Shortly before her wedding she said, she wishes lots of babies. That would be very fine, C+C as grandparents.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

duchess

the duchess looks great and laura does look like she has put on some weight, i hope she is having a baby.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla comes up with a recipe to impress Jamie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m...8&targetRule=0
Old 10-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Commoner

I think it's also great to see how well Camilla gets along with her ex-husband Andrew Parker-Bowles. It's interesting to find out from the comment from her son Tom that she taught him how to cook. She appears to be more down to earth than I would have thought.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

She probably shoots the animals, catches the fish, and grows the fruit and vegetables as well as cooking them. That's how these country ladies seem to operate, anyway. Literally down to earth!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

how nice gestures of Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew talking each other after divorces
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
She probably shoots the animals, catches the fish, and grows the fruit and vegetables as well as cooking them. That's how these country ladies seem to operate, anyway. Literally down to earth!
Good grief, it's the men that do the shooting (birds, not bullocks and lambs) and fishing for food, the women only do it for sport!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Good grief, it's the men that do the shooting (birds, not bullocks and lambs) and fishing for food, the women only do it for sport!
LOL, indeed!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for all that info!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Royal Highness

`I felt for my mother and Sir`

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...18/fttom18.xml

An article about Tom Parker Bowles, his job and, of course, about his family and his stepfather too.
It shows again that Camilla is a wonderful mother. It would be interesting too, wheather Tom calls Charles also privately Sir... i can not really imagine ...
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
`I felt for my mother and Sir`
It shows again that Camilla is a wonderful mother. It would be interesting too, wheather Tom calls Charles also privately Sir... i can not really imagine ...
My son's call their father 'sir', my brothers also called my father 'sir', so I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
My son's call their father 'sir', my brothers also called my father 'sir', so I see nothing wrong with it.
Okay, i understand, thank you Skydragon.
I see, I don´t know all kinds of English behaviour or politeness. In Germany no son or son-in-law would call the father ´Sir´.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Okay, i understand, thank you Skydragon.
I see, I don´t know all kinds of English behaviour or politeness. In Germany no son or son-in-law would call the father ´Sir´.
Naturally, they wouldn't call him "Sir" because we don't have an expression like that. But my mother is still furious (which is a rare occasion as she is quite mild-tempered and good humoured) that my brother's wife had the "impertinence" as she calls it to start calling her by her christian name before she was invited to it. While she very gracefully invited my husband to use her "family nick name" and to say "Du" to her. German has a grammatical "person" for friends, family etc. and for more formal aquaintance. "Du" is the private expression, while "Sie" is the formal one.

My late first husband only was invited to call my father by his christian name and to use the "Du" on our wedding eve's party. My mother never invited him to call her by her christian name, but she told him he could call her "mother" and "Du" - some time after the wedding! My cousins all are advised to call her "aunt" plus christian name and that's how I do it with my aunts and uncles as well. It was a great honour when my respective husbands were invited to call my aunts and uncles that and to use the "Du". It's true, my family is a bit on the formal side but IMHO "form follows function" and there is a sense in it.
Even nowadays.

My son was three years old when we took him for the first time to a Michelin two star restaurant (in a 5 star hotel) whose owner we knew quite well. While we stayed at the place and brought the nanny with us, the owner asked us if we didn't want to bring the boy to the restaurant at least for one course. As we were his guests this evening, we thought about it and agreed. Son behaved "royally" even for two courses, delighting the whole table with his tries to imitate the good behaviour of the other guests. When he got tired the nanny picked him up but he still (he's 13 now) recalls this evening and has behaved in public ever since. So - I'm convinced there is a sense in being strict on formalities when it comes to the education of the children. Because there might be a chance they might come regularily into the presence of people who believe formalities are there to make the life of all people concerned more pleasant. And then they should know how to behave, shouldn't they?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Nobility

It is so nice to hear the "other side of the story" from Camilla's children. Apparently, William and Harry don't take the whole issue between Camilla/Diana/Charles to heart either as they seem to like Camilla and have been friends with her children for many years. It is so nice that the younger generation get along and look to the future.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

I agree with you Jo, that formalities and other rules are very important for the education of our children.
But i think, to call someone´sie ´or ´du´in german, is not to compare with the english´Sir´. I would translate´Sir´with the german´Mein Herr´.
But maybe my knowledge, how to call someone in english is not good enough, and then i apologize.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall