The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 3: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchees is really brilliant!
Aunite Camilla surely knows how to behave in the kids' company!

AgnesK said:
Report about Camilla's walk from official site (with 2 more nice pics!) :

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/index.php

"The Duchess looked happy and refreshed as she returned ahead of schedule, around two-and-a-half hours after setting off.
The Balmoral event raised just under £200,000 for the NOS, the majority of which was raised by The Duchess".

So much for the reports on other sites that said she only turned up for a photoshoot! :clap: :clap:

Skydragon said:
"The Duchess looked happy and refreshed as she returned ahead of schedule, around two-and-a-half hours after setting off.
The Balmoral event raised just under £200,000 for the NOS, the majority of which was raised by The Duchess".

So much for the reports on other sites that said she only turned up for a photoshoot! :clap: :clap:

Poor Camilla, she never gets credit for her work. :ohmy:
All they could say about the whole event is the photoshoot! :lol:

Welcome Milla_ca

Camilla did a wonderful job on the hike, although I didn't expect anything less since I knew her love of walking. I love how she came in earlier then expected. :)

I didn't read some press were claiming it was a photo op. Who said it?

My only complaint was that alot of the press were in London for William's visit to the hospital. ( not complaining about the visit just that it was the same day.)

Thanks for posting the link AgnesK! Its great to see a decent write-up about Camilla for a change. She's obviously quite fit to be able to do a walk of that length (and in wet conditions too), although she has done quite a lot of walking on the estate with the Pprince, according to the article. I hope that she and her Prince both live long, healthy and happy lives!

I agree Skydragon, its a spit in the eye for those people on other sites/forums who are dismissing Camilla's excellent effort as merely a photo opportunity rather than a genuine effort for a cause close to her heart. I've just left a forum full of people with just that attitude, I can't bear narrow-mindedness.

Great pictures of Camilla walking, thanks all!
I just have great respect for the Duchess, because I highly doubt if I could walk such a distance and I'm not even half her age! :ermm:
I love the picture where she's walking with all these children around her. It looks like they're all very interested in what she's saying. I wonder what they're talking about. :)

Skydragon said:
ysbel, don't believe everything you hear or read about the Scottish weather. While the rest of the UK was suffering floods, we had to water the garden every night, while they baked we enjoyed sunshine and bearable warmth. Today while most places are enduring the remnants of Hurricane Gordon, the sun is shining and I went out riding in a lightweight shirt! :lol:

That's interesting to know, skydragon. I may have to go, my relatives in Inverness have been bugging me about it. I thought you were English.

ysbel said:
That's interesting to know, skydragon. I may have to go, my relatives in Inverness have been bugging me about it. I thought you were English.

I really am spoilt, I have homes in both. :flowers:

The Duchess has been active in social issues since she married the Prince of Wales. She has joined organisations help for people who have health problems, or organisation help for animals; and now she follows the royal tradition of the Queen Mother and the Queen to join into women groups.

How many women's groups has Camilla joined ?

She is a member of the Tetbury Womens Institute. :)

Tatler Poll

On the list with the ``top 10 most powerful blondes``Camilla came in at sixth place and was referred to as ``a sexy, wholesome gal`` who ``has always been a jolly blonde - more yellow labrador than afghan hound.``
( Chelsey Davy has the second place, Zara Phillips the 25th place)

Hmmh, crazy thing. But better than years ago, as she was "the most ugly/hated woman of the world". But I don´t understand what Chelsy Davy there has to do.

hornsen said:
Hmmh, crazy thing. But better than years ago, as she was "the most ugly/hated woman of the world". But I don´t understand what Chelsy Davy there has to do.
Chelsy Davy was described as ``the new face of royalty``. ( because`` she looked good and partied hard.``:ermm:)

I guess we all have different tastes! I think Chelsey, while prettyish, is a bit gauche, primarily due to her age. If the relationship lasts it will be interesting to see if she matures into a real beauty.

While Camilla has never been a great beauty, she is vivacious and has a very down-to-earth attractiveness!

milla Ca said:
On the list with the ``top 10 most powerful blondes``Camilla came in at sixth place and was referred to as ``a sexy, wholesome gal`` who ``has always been a jolly blonde - more yellow labrador than afghan hound.``
( Chelsey Davy has the second place, Zara Phillips the 25th place)

OMG:ohmy: did they actually compare the women to dogs!!

bbb said:
OMG:ohmy: did they actually compare the women to dogs!!

I didn't take much notice, perhaps someone could post the article? I think I'd rather be a lovable lab than a posing Afghan, (if I had to choose). :lol:

Skydragon said:
I didn't take much notice, perhaps someone could post the article? I think I'd rather be a lovable lab than a posing Afghan, (if I had to choose). :lol:

Here is the article, Skydragon. It's focused on Chelsy mostly though. I like what they say about Camilla though. Jolly woman!

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Here is the article, Skydragon. It's focused on Chelsy mostly though. I like what they say about Camilla though. Jolly woman!

Thank You Avalon! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom