Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Courtier

CAMILLA AND YOUNG PRINCES WELCOMED INTO THE NAVY
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...08/09/camilla/

Old 08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Good news for Camilla! Congratulations with her first Commodore-in-Chief position.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What do these appointments mean in a practical sense? What will she be expected to do because of it? Just turn up on formal occasions once in a blue moon and take salutes and inspect stethescopes or is there something more to it? Are these appointments regarded as being a great honour?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:23 PM

It's a very great honour because it shows that the Queen feels they are ready to take on such roles. Camilla will have to take an active interest in her regiment or service and it's very much like being a Patron of a charity. She'll have a ceremonial role but it also has a very practical side to it. It's the connection of state to an individual group who do good.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, BeatrixFan. Then it is a very good thing for Camilla. Congratulations to her.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wednesday 30th August

The Duchess of Rothesay will open the BA Lounge, Aberdeen Airport, Aberdeen.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary.html
Old 08-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Courtier

An article about the fashion of the clothes of camila. They are elegant like the clothes of The Queen and princess Diana.
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/08-2006/309People02.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla flies solo at airport visit

The Duchess of Cornwall has carried out her first official solo engagement in Scotland since her marriage to the Prince of Wales.

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk...name_page.html

Both pictures from Abacapress
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Courtier

Camilla Flies Solo In Scotland
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1148/2/
Old 08-31-2006, 03:28 AM
Commoner

I think that the suit looks great on her - what a nice colour to choose
Old 08-31-2006, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla flies solo at airport visit

The Duchess of Cornwall has carried out her first official solo engagement in Scotland since her marriage to the Prince of Wales.

http://iclanarkshire.icnetwork.co.uk...name_page.html

Quote from this article:
Wearing an aqua Armani skirt suit, pearls and beige heeled shoes, her wedding ring and son Tom Parker Bowles's new book were among the topics of conversation.

I had to read the sentence several times till I realized that she didn't wear her son's new book... LOL. While it's up to interpretation if she wore her wedding ring or talked about it or both....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla flies solo at airport job

The wife of Prince Charles has been in Aberdeen to carry out her first official Scottish solo engagement since her marriage last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/5299312.stm

This one from the beeb has the same IMO poor wording!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Courtier

She looks great. I think she lost weight. The article from The Royalist isn´t so bad like others before. But the comments are incredible.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
She looks great. I think she lost weight. The article from The Royalist isn´t so bad like others before. But the comments are incredible.
I think you're right, she does look thinner.

Recently, one US tabloid was saying that Charles was disgusted with her because she had gained too much weight. I felt bad for her -- I think we all gain or lose if we're upset, and losing her father would be enough to cause some weight fluctuation.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Iowabelle, I don´t believe the stories of tabloids. Charles loves her with all her curves, I think. She never was fat but, sometimes she has a few more pounds. It´s normal. She is a woman and she is 59 years old. Very difficult to hold your weight than. If you deeply love someone over 30 years, you won´t mind about some curves and pounds IMO. I could imagine that he loves it...
Old 09-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Oh, I agree, hornsen. They have been friends and a couple for so long, it's hard to imagine that they would break up after having gone through so much to be together.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla will participate in benefical “short marathon”

Camilla Parker Bowles will participate in a long walk of sixteen kilometers to collect bottoms for the fight against the osteoporosis, today informed the organizers into the race.
The Duchess of Cornualles, that is president of the National Society against the Osteoporosis, will make that route next the 20 of September near the Loch Muick, a lake of Balmoral (Scotland), where is the summery residence of Queen Elizabeth II.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/se_soci...O=100000104741
Old 09-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Charles and Camilla seem to have connected well with people in Scotland.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Courtier

DUCHESS WILL BE HOSPITAL'S PATRON
http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/displayN...pNodeId=163518
Old 09-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla in ten-mile charity walk

The Duchess of Cornwall is to participate in a ten-mile walk in aid of the National Osteoporosis Society. Camilla will hike around Loch Muick at the Balmoral estate on 20 September as part of a week of events.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1332402006

DUCHESS IN BRITTLE BONE TREK

By Victoria Bone ( )
THE Duchess of Cornwall is to do a 10-mile walk in aid of osteoporosis.
She will hike around Loch Muick on the Balmoral estate in Scotland on September 20

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall