The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
i thought the same, my gosh thats ALOT. She's done a smashing job, always smiling, game for anything and has imo a special rapport with children, not to mention the glow charles has whenever he's near her.
She has done a lot and I wonder if it was a full year i.e. from the wedding date, or within their specific accounting year, which as we all know can run Jan-Dec, Feb-Jan.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She has done a lot and I wonder if it was a full year i.e. from the wedding date, or within their specific accounting year, which as we all know can run Jan-Dec, Feb-Jan.
I was wondering the same. The article says her first year but how exactly did they compare her to the others? Not to mention that she was rather new to the game. Now she's a seasoned pro and I'm sure that her future engagements will out number her first year. Still, she shines in my book.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I'm always a little suspect on grading royals by the number of their engagements. Surely the quality must count for something?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

Sadly quality doesn't count to the press, it doesn't sell papers quite as well.
:(
Old 07-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not sure where to put this piece. Since it's more of an editorial than news on Camilla, I thought this is as good as any other thread:

Palace worries over 'workshy' Camilla
Charles lashes out as royals hint his wife isn't pulling her weight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&in_a_source=
Old 07-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I'm not sure where to put this piece. Since it's more of an editorial than news on Camilla, I thought this is as good as any other thread:

Palace worries over 'workshy' Camilla
Charles lashes out as royals hint his wife isn't pulling her weight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...0&in_a_source=
Why they canīt leave her alone? Weeks ago she was the star, now she is bad and lazy...Down with the press. And suddenly no words of crisis anymore? Now the chair was broken because of Buckingham Palace? Fly on the wall? Hope, Camilla will keep up it.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:24 PM

As a friend of mine says, "Here's to those who wish us well and those who don't can go to hell".
Old 07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
As a friend of mine says, "Here's to those who wish us well and those who don't can go to hell".
It goes along with the saying, "Da** if you do and da** if you don't".
Old 07-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Daily Mail isn't going to say anything complimentary about Camilla, especially when hints of strife in the Wales household sells papers.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for the pictures and news.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The Daily Mail isn't going to say anything complimentary about Camilla, especially when hints of strife in the Wales household sells papers.
Well more to the point, Richard Kay is not going to say anything complimentary about Camilla. He was one of the reporters who claimed to 'groom' Diana for the public before she was even engaged.

Interestingly enough, he seems to defend the Royal Family for playing tough and insisting that Camilla do public duties right after her father died whereas when Diana was alive, his main criticism of the BRF was that the BRF was cold, unfeeling and inhuman. If the Royal Family had kicked up a fuss about Diana's public engagements after her father died, I think he would have blasted them. I'm not saying they did kick up a fuss about Camilla either but that's what he implies.

I'm puzzled by the criticism that Camilla is not doing solo events. I've found the joint events in general to be a lot more successful for royals. You get to see the interaction with the royals with each other that you don't get from an event with a single royal.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought Camilla had performed a few solo engagements. If they did start performing engagements separately as a matter of course, it'd just fuel the rumours that the marriage is on the rocks already. Honestly, they really can't do it right for some of these journalists.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I thought Camilla had performed a few solo engagements. If they did start performing engagements separately as a matter of course, it'd just fuel the rumours that the marriage is on the rocks already. Honestly, they really can't do it right for some of these journalists.
Camilla performed 38 solo engagements. Personally, I think they have the mix just right at the moment. :)
Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Commoner

I think that even if camilla did 1000 solo engagements per year, people will still be unhappy.Frankly she might as well please herself and start doing things slowly - what is the point of pleasing people who dislike her anyway?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaan
I think that even if camilla did 1000 solo engagements per year, people will still be unhappy.Frankly she might as well please herself and start doing things slowly - what is the point of pleasing people who dislike her anyway?

So true, unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well she has had a good year as far as the public perception goes. I don't think a few articles are going to change that.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Plus it was said that the queen thinks about delegating more and more of her duties to Charles and Camilla. The queen is a careful person: she surely wants to be sure that Charles and Camilla as a couple are well received and do a good job before she gives them more important duties. So IMHo this first year was just the "apprenticeship" of Camilla. There needs to be some space for additional and more important duties which explains, at least to me, why Camilla did not work as much as the other senior Royals in her first year (again: it was her first year!) and why she did most engagements together with the prince: he knows his jobs and surely did a great job in teaching her how to do it herself.

My guess is that we'll see more of Camilla and more important duties during the next years. But this Royal watcher is already very content with what she has seen of the duchess of Cornwall!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Commoner

But it is so amusing reading what funny stories come out in the press , first she is praised for her style, then she and charles are not talking then she is lazy then she does too few engagements then she is compared to diana all over again - I wonder what next? perhaps she should get pregnant or something like that other woman did - can you imagine the headlines?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But it is so amusing reading what funny stories come out in the press , first she is praised for her style, then she and charles are not talking then she is lazy then she does too few engagements then she is compared to diana all over again - I wonder what next? perhaps she should get pregnant or something like that other woman did - can you imagine the headlines?
LOL - you mean "doing the Kiko"?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Commoner

Sorry are you referring to the japanese princess who is expecting or something altogether different?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall