The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH looks very smart indeed. And I think the last pic shows that her visits have a serious meaning behind them, not just a photo opportunity.

BeatrixFan said:
HRH looks very smart indeed. And I think the last pic shows that her visits have a serious meaning behind them, not just a photo opportunity.

It depends on the question if you believe that a formal act aka a ritual makes something that would happen anyway more meaningful. I personally do - I personally think that work for a charity needs a reward. If the work happens in a society that believes in the concept of a monarchy, then the recognition of a Royal personage is a tremendous reward. Especially as it is one that has nothing to do with monetarian effects but appeals to the inner structure of mankind who so desperately seeks for something "higher" - as church has lost a lot of its moral and reward impact, especially as they can only promise but not deliver a reward - it is very positive IMHO that there is still something that gives people the feeling they are rewarded in the here and then.

I especially like that Camilla is obviously very good in giving people the feeling that they are and what they do is important. From the reactions in the media I concluded that she really is the person she appears to be - one who sees the sense in things and wants to be/ to do good. I like that! I wish we had someone like her instead of only charity socialites like this terrible Ute Ohoven!

I agree Jo and I think the term "charity socialites" is a brilliant one to apply to most celebrities who are involved with charities but the Royal Family seem (on the whole) to only accept Patronages etc of things they have an interest in so that they can give their all to it and I think that should be applauded.

"We know that she does not take on such commitments lightly."

Doesn't that just say it all?

"The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker Bowles, accepted the invitation from Trinity Hospice in Clapham."

(Sigh.) Some people in the media have trouble remembering that she hasn't been "Camilla Parker Bowles" since April 9, 2005.

Yes Tabby, people still forget. I have to admit, I said the same thing the other day and had to catch myself. HAHA She is such an amazing lady. She has her own class and style.

The best summary of allegations about "laziness" IMO.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?menuId=5365&menuItemId=-1&view=DISPLAYCONTENT&grid=P8&targetRule=0#6

Camilla is no slouch
If the Duchess of Cornwall hasn't responded to the suggestion in a tabloid newspaper last weekend that she was reluctant to take on public engagements, it is probably because she simply hasn't had the time.
"Last week, Camilla was busy working alongside her husband on four days of engagements in Wales. On Friday, she was in Scotland for more engagements, and this week she has another round of appearances, both on her own and with Charles, including two garden parties for Prince's Trust volunteers, the opening of a new osteoporosis bone scanner at Guy's Hospital, and a day of events in Yorkshire," one courtier tells me breathlessly.
"This is hardly the diary of someone who is not fulfilling her royal duties or, indeed, who needs to increase her workload."

Thank You for the article AgnesK, I hadn't seen it. For her first year 'in public' I think Camilla has done a brilliant job and the crowds seem to be growing.
I for one am grateful for any and all of her appearances at events, it is certainly not a job I would be interested in - too much like hard work for an ungrateful press.

Skydragon said:
Thank You for the article AgnesK, I hadn't seen it. For her first year 'in public' I think Camilla has done a brilliant job and the crowds seem to be growing.
I for one am grateful for any and all of her appearances at events, it is certainly not a job I would be interested in - too much like hard work for an ungrateful press.

I don't think she does it for the press or for Charles or for whoever - for reasons like that you can only do it for a bit of time but not when it comes to longer commitments. No, my guess is that she is glad she is not longer notorious and is able to commit herself to further charitable things while OTOH supporting her husband and her in-laws.

Jo of Palatine said:
I don't think she does it for the press or for Charles or for whoever - for reasons like that you can only do it for a bit of time but not when it comes to longer commitments.

I wasn't suggesting she did do it for the press, only that I could understand that she wouldn't want to do any events because of the negative comments from some of the press.

She has IMO entered into this 'oh so public life' because she loves Charles and because of his love, she is able to support chosen, close to her heart charities.

Pic from GettyImages. This seems to the 'armless' pic. I can't work out what it's all about. :confused:

BeatrixFan said:

Pic from GettyImages. This seems to the 'armless' pic. I can't work out what it's all about. :confused:

What is going on with this picture????:rolleyes:

I presume Camilla has her hands behind her back and her sleeves have slits in them so they fall to her sides. Looks funny doesn't it?

They have photoshopped the fabric of the dress behind Camilla as a cover for her left arm and done something similar for her right????? Mystery!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMILLA

Many Happy Returns

Only just. Which hasn't helped her at all because that extra year has always been held against her.

foiegrass said:
is she older than charles/

yep! she older than Prince of Wales but she born in 1947 and he was born in 1948

Did anybody see this pictures before?

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sculau3.jpg
Queen Elizabeth ll is amused as she walks past a sculpture of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Royal Commonwealth Society on June 30, 2006 in London, England
wireimage

Is it approaching to her?

Last edited:
BATH, ENGLAND - JULY 20: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the National Osteoporosis Society to mark the 20th anniversary of the NOS on July 20, 2006 in Bath, England.

from getty

Attachments

• 71488148.jpg
    71488148.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 71488145.jpg
    71488145.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 71488150.jpg
    71488150.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 71488151.jpg
    71488151.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 71488153.jpg
    71488153.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 197
  • 71488154.jpg
    71488154.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 71488156.jpg
    71488156.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I really hate this dress. She is looking so thickly in it.:(

I like it but it's not really a summer dress IMO because it's quite thick material. I hope she wasn't too hot but she does look smart in it.

hornsen said:
Queen Elizabeth ll is amused as she walks past a sculpture of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Royal Commonwealth Society on June 30, 2006 in London, England
wireimage

Is it approaching to her?

Yes I saw the pictures but, I think they forgot to say that the Queen was talking and laughing before she got to the unfinished statue and continued talking and laughing when she got to the one of Charles, :rolleyes: (the before and after photo's are dotted about the photo agencies). :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom