The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
We could ask the administrators of these royal web sites to no allow any threads about funerals. As long as we look at the photos and continue to post comments we are no different from anyone else interested in these events.
you would give Duchess of Cornwall's break and she still in mourning but im sure the member of Royal forums can allowed see pictures at her father's funeral but she is wives of Prince Charles and she is married to heir to the throne like Princess Diana DID because Diana is first married to Prince Charles and heir to the throne in 1981 and Diana still in mourning death of her dad in 1992.

you cant blame to closed the pictures at funeral but we still comments about Camilla's dad's funeral but i do still comment about Camilla and her kids,family also please dues her respectives.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
Camilla married the heir to the throne, and, IMO, one consequence of that fact is an increased public interest, and hence media interest, in her family.

I don't think the photos we've seen have been offensively intrusive. They could have been far worse, and while I can envisage a situation where I would agree that certain photos should not be published, I don't feel that way about the ones we've seen.
No wonder Camilla didn't want to become a member of the royal family, she probably realised that was going to be people's attitude to every aspect of her relative's, her friends and her life.

It seems no lessons have been learned from what happen to Diana with the intrusion of the press, encouraged by the public clamour for pictures.

The fact is that this was not a public engagement, it was a private event, the next thing we know it will be deemed acceptable to photograph people, (with telephoto lenses), using the loo (toilet, w.c. john)!

Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

This was a private event at a public place with many public figures there. It is impossible for it to remain completely private at a public place with so many public figures. Though it seems the media was kind. They did not turn it into a circus and kept their distance. I beleive the media did no wrong. I dont understand this huge fuss.

Its great to see the bond between this family. They are, as others have mentioned, the ideal modern family. Major Shand has the most intresting life story. His whole family does. Its filled with irony, romance, and star-crossed fates. Its straight out of novels and movies. I also love Camillas hat. Not to many people wear netting with their hats and it looks great and appropriate. Very lady like. I feel for the whole family and Im happy they have such great support.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

It would have had to be in a completely private place for a private funeral.

It looks like the media kept a respectful distance; as far as the nasty comments about Camilla and her family - that is in incredibly bad taste and I haven't seen that here.

For the most part, members here have been very respectful which is a very appropriate reaction to a funeral.

I agree with Roslyn; funerals are a milestone in life. There's no need to avoid them.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

Is there an official mourning period for Camilla?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Is there an official mourning period for Camilla?
She was back at work yesterday but, I think she will grieve for a long time, the loss of her beloved father.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

This week's point de vue features Camilla's attendance at her father's funeral
images from pointdevue.fr
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Now that is a bit intrusive. Publishing pictures of Camilla in mourning for all the world to see! It also seems very disrespectful to me but I guess magazines only have their own interests in mind.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Ive no words. But I think the new issues of rainbow press tomorrow will show likely photos. I wont have a look...
Old 06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla must 'pull finger out'

The Duchess of Cornwall should "really pull her finger out and do a bit more next year", a former royal aide warned today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...244082,00.html

Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The Duchess of Cornwall should "really pull her finger out and do a bit more next year", a former royal aide warned today.
I think 230 engagements in the first year with The Firm is pretty jolly good! It's not fair to compare her tally with that of people who were born to it or have been doing it for years. Seems she did more than Sophie anyway.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think 230 engagements in the first year with The Firm is pretty jolly good! It's not fair to compare her tally with that of people who were born to it or have been doing it for years. Seems she did more than Sophie anyway.
That's what I though when I first read the article. Only one year - and 230! engagements! Camilla is doing a great job, imo. If her first year is this productive, the rest are bound to be even better.
Comparision with Sophie might be not quite right because Sophie is not the wife of Prince of Wales but the wife of the fourth child of the Queen.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Commoner

I think one must read through the article and see who dickie arbiter is - he is one of the pro-diana people who will never find anything good to say about charles or camilla so frankly why we ought to listen to him i really have no idea.If you hear what he says then you will definitely want to switch off
Old 06-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

New 'Camilla chic' collection unveiled

LONDON, June 26 (UPI) -- Just as Britain's Princess Diana was a fashion icon, apparently so goes Camilla, Prince Charles' second wife.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...6-042156-6699r
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i thought the same, my gosh thats ALOT. She's done a smashing job, always smiling, game for anything and has imo a special rapport with children, not to mention the glow charles has whenever he's near her. She's done the impossible- - - made me love her (never thought it would happen)
charles is being a good husband and is smart for covering his wife's expenses, keep it out of the paper and protect her, very smart.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...244082,00.html

I agree with you all, I also think that 230 official engagements is a lot. I'm especially pleased with seeing all the official tours and trips the Duchess and PoW have undertaken during their first year - those kind of activities must be quite hard and straining for a new royal, as they include a heavy time schedule every day, but Camilla pulled those out with great admiration.

I'm so glad that Camilla completed her first year of royal life so well.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
That's what I though when I first read the article. Only one year - and 230! engagements! Camilla is doing a great job, imo. If her first year is this productive, the rest are bound to be even better.
Plus one should give her a bit of space for upcoming causes she might wish to turn her attention or protection, too. If she took on everything that is offered or asked of her in her first year, only to get a full schedule, she would surely find that there is no free space left for her to get introduced to other worthy cases. IMHO she does it carefully and, when on a public duty, she gives all. And all that for just 2000 pounds!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
New 'Camilla chic' collection unveiled

LONDON, June 26 (UPI) -- Just as Britain's Princess Diana was a fashion icon, apparently so goes Camilla, Prince Charles' second wife.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...6-042156-6699r
A quote from the mentioned article:

"The new collection is all bout luxury and opulence, even for day," Valentine told the Telegraph."

As a summary of the new "Camilla Chic"-collection it doesn't sound right to me. I'Ve followed the picture threads on this forum and while I agree that the duchess introduced her very own landmark of elegance and stylishness, I don't think she is turned out luxurious or even opulent in everyday life. That seems to imply for me that she is overdressed and shows off her new august position which she definately does not. IMHo she is perfect in dressing just right for the situation - she is well past the age when she must feed her own vanity by putting all others into her shade. Instead she is well-dressed as befitting her station but she always fits in with her environment. A true lady!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Hats off to Camilla! The last time I checked, the BRF consisted of more than the Queen, Princes Philip and Andrew, the Princess Royal, and Sophie. Were their engangements so few? Probably. She's doing a great job and I'm sure that she has the wisdom to do what's best for the people. IMO, she has done Britain proud her first year and will take the initiative to do more without a former aide telling her to do so.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
A quote from the mentioned article:

"The new collection is all bout luxury and opulence, even for day," Valentine told the Telegraph."

As a summary of the new "Camilla Chic"-collection it doesn't sound right to me. I'Ve followed the picture threads on this forum and while I agree that the duchess introduced her very own landmark of elegance and stylishness, I don't think she is turned out luxurious or even opulent in everyday life. That seems to imply for me that she is overdressed and shows off her new august position which she definately does not. IMHo she is perfect in dressing just right for the situation - she is well past the age when she must feed her own vanity by putting all others into her shade. Instead she is well-dressed as befitting her station but she always fits in with her environment. A true lady!
I quite agree!:)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall