The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does but then again she always looks as if she enjoys engagements.

An obvious sign of somebody doing their job well!

In full agreement with both of these statements. Camila is definitely a natural at doing her job, and her sincerity is more than likely appreciated by those that are lucky to meet her.

Huh. I found it to actually be a descent comparison and one that put Camilla in a good light. It's not like the DM went and compared her to Anne Boleyn or anything.

The article itself isn't bad or negative towards Camilla, but nowhere did I find any indication the Duchess "hints at affinity" to Catherine Parr. This is what the Duchess had written:
'Her commitment to what is right and good, expressed with humility and openness to others, is as valuable now as it was in the more turbulent times of the Tudors. Few women's writings have come down to us from so many centuries ago. In the pages that follow are found not only some of the carefully crafted prayers that Katherine intended for publication, but also the more personal hopes and fears of a woman who was as passionate in her faith as she was in other aspects of her eventful life.'
It's a nice and accurate description of the late Queen, a lovely foreword, but that's it. The DM had to write an article (full of inaccuracies, I must add), which was bound to get negative comments and rehash the old Charles-Diana-Camilla story again.

Camilla definitely doesn't seem to have hinted any affinity, that's true. The DM is doing that all by itself (in this case the hints are down right anvil sized).

I thought she wrote a lovely foreword, it was nice to read something that Camilla had actually written. It doesn't surprise me that the Daily Mail twisted the story into the old pantomime of Camilla being the wicked witch, and the commenters are obviously refusing to get down from their high horses.

@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cornwall is to visit Paris on May 27 and 28 on her first solo official overseas visit, to support homeless charity Emmaus.

I guess events like this make people of other countries more nationalistic and proud of their own royals.

The Daily Mail just publishes these articles in order to divide public opinion, either people will love her, or despise her even more. Personally, I think she looks stunning and everything - dress and jewels - works.

It is a sarcastic exaggeration, meant to draw The Duchess flak.
But I am glad to see far more positive response for Camilla from DM readers..

I don't understand the Camilla hate. She seems to be a fun person and Charles seems much more relaxed than he was before. The title discussion seems stupid. If she is going to be treated as the Queen with Charles as King then she should be called Queen. If William and Harry don't have a problem with her, the rest of us shouldn't

I don't understand the Camilla hate. She seems to be a fun person and Charles seems much more relaxed than he was before. The title discussion seems stupid. If she is going to be treated as the Queen with Charles as King then she should be called Queen. If William and Harry don't have a problem with her, the rest of us shouldn't

I completely agree, Camilla is magnificent, Charles adores her and even said that she was "special", and WIlliam and Harry also like her. Sadly, the media loves a good pantomime villain and some members of the public will go along with it, despite citing what happened well over twenty years ago.

One of my friend's sisters saw Camilla actually walking about in public during the parties for Queen's Day in the Netherlands! I didn't believe it but I've just seen an article in the Mail about it too! I'm telling you, the Duchess has just risen even further in my eyes!

Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?

Don't be shocked, you get the same comments on every single article on the website. The majority of commenters are people who are scouting the internet for something to moan at and the DM is the best place to do it.

They're in the same class as those who are freezing and when given a coat complain about the color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom