The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall looks really nice, especially in the first picture.
I rather like the fact she appears to be promoting education and reading at every opportunity; the importance of both should not be underestimated.

I agree. This is especially key when visiting deprived areas of London where some of the children may not have access to as many opportunities as their counterparts in other parts of the country may.

I rather like the fact she appears to be promoting education and reading at every opportunity; the importance of both should not be underestimated.

I agree with you. The Duchess strikes as someone who is genuinely interested in what she does, and has great passion for helping those that are in need.

This is my favorite pic of her ever. How pretty her smile lines (crows feet) are in this photo. I've never thought it fair that wrinkles give a man "gravitas: while they "spoil a woman's beauty." Camilla in this photo shows life's lines can make a lady more beautiful than ever. :)

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited Wiltshire today, February 12, 2013.

She visited the RISE Children's Centre to meet volunteers and those supported by the Chippenham Time Network and Wiltshire Money in Chippenham, she met young people taking part in courses run by Community First's Youth Action Wiltshire programme at Langley Burrell Village Hall, Chippenham, she visited the Wiltshire Scrapstore and Resource Centre to tour the charity, open the Centre's new community room and join a story-telling session to commemorate the visit in Bowden Hill, Lacoc.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio gallery: Camilla Visits Wiltshire Scrapstore **

** zimbio gallery: Community First's Youth Action Wiltshire **

** gazetteandherald.co.uk: Camilla's praise for Chippenham children's centre **

** wiltshiretimes.co.uk: Duchess makes stops in Chippenham, Langley Burrell and Lacock **

Another worthy cause the Duchess in engaged with: the more involved the youth is with community projects, the likelier they'll stay out of troubles and learn responsibility, community effort and hard work from the start.

On a different note, how lovely does Camilla look lately? She's positively glowing on all her recent engagements. :)

Another worthy cause the Duchess in engaged with: the more involved the youth is with community projects, the likelier they'll stay out of troubles and learn responsibility, community effort and hard work from the start.

On a different note, how lovely does Camilla look lately? She's positively glowing on all her recent engagements. :)

Agree with you on all points.

:previous: A strong possibility for a future pic of the month I think.

I would totally vote for it. ;)
The latest pictures are very nice too; the photograph in the last one - is that a gift to the Duchess?

Last edited:
:previous:
I see, thanks for the information, iceflower! :flowers:

Last edited:
Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall has attended a reception at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire today, to honour the women who worked at the site during the Second World War:
Home - ITNSource News

Today, February 20, the Duchess of Cornwall has visited Bletchley Park, the home of the Second World War code breakers, and Medical Detection Dogs in Milton Keynes.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

** worthingherald.co.uk: Duchess hails medical dogs charity **

** helloonline: The Duchess of Cornwall meets female veterans at Bletchley Park **

Two more galleries with nice large pics:

** zimbio 1: Camilla Visits Bletchley Park ** zimbio 2: Camilla Visits Medical Detection Dogs **

First off...To the Lady Veterans of Bletchley Park...Thank you!! They deserve our honour, our respect and our thanks from now till the end of time for what they did during WWII.

Second...I knew about dogs being able to detect Cancer and of course about the ones trained to know when a Seizure is on it's way in time for their Human to be able to prepare in time for it happening. Such as sitting on the floor or going somewhere at school or work that's been put aside for just that happening. First time though I've heard of them being trained to detect Blood Sugar drops.

Wow!! Isn't it amazing what the dogs can be trained to detect these days in order to help those of us who need a Service Animal lead as normal a life as possible? Glad Camilla's helping to put their work into the spotlight it so deserves. :flowers:

Love the pics of Camilla with the little ones! Looks like an awesome place to me!

Oh, it looks like heaven for kids to use their imagination. I have a feeling the Duchess had as much fun as the kids.

Oh, it looks like heaven for kids to use their imagination. I have a feeling the Duchess had as much fun as the kids.
In total agreement about it being kid heaven! I bet she did.....

Last edited:
She looks stunning in that 2nd photo. what I really like about her is that she chose her charities and patronages because the causes were problems/issues that she has always been personally interested in and her interest shines through all the time. She has taken up issues close to Charles' heart and she has embraced them 100%. No one could doubt that. The work she is now involved in is so important. One of the biggest growth areas in advertising revenue is loan companies - and they screw people on interest rates. The charities she saw today lend money at affordable rates to help people in crisis. This should be more widely publicised.

I've really grown to respect Camilla.

Daily Mail reports a "spat" between Duchess of Cornwall and Wayne Rooney's wife.
Apparently Camilla was shown the 5-million pound wedding gown of Mrs.Rooney at an event and she was not amused, and said a thing or two about "being sensitive while spending money". Mrs.Rooney became furious and took to Twitter..

Coleen Rooney hits out at Duchess of Cornwall for commenting on her '£5 million wedding dress' | Mail Online

Was this discussed elsewhere? Does this even merit discussion?
And I am pleasantly surprised no personal venom was thrown on Camilla in the comments..Good going..

Daily Mail reports a "spat" between Duchess of Cornwall and Wayne Rooney's wife.
Apparently Camilla was shown the 5-million pound wedding gown of Mrs.Rooney at an event and she was not amused, and said a thing or two about "being sensitive while spending money". Mrs.Rooney became furious and took to Twitter..

Coleen Rooney hits out at Duchess of Cornwall for commenting on her '£5 million wedding dress' | Mail Online

Was this discussed elsewhere? Does this even merit discussion?
And I am pleasantly surprised no personal venom was thrown on Camilla in the comments..Good going..

Coleen Rooney sounds dreadful. And the Duchess is quite right that conspicuous consumption solely for the sake of spending money and getting attention is quite insensitive and unattractive.

Love the pic of Camilla with the baby- so cute!Also love to see Camilla supporting the arts- looks like she had fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom