The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, October 19, the Duchess of Cornwall has visited Marlborough Town Hall where she unveiled a mosaic to celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee and undertook a tour of the Hall including the newly refurbished exhibition area.

As a special surprise Camilla's cute little twin grandsons, Gus and Louis, came to the town hall as well :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio gallery: Duchess of Cornwall Visits Marlborough **

** thisiswiltshire.co.uk: Duchess drops in to Marlborough to unveil mosaic **

** heart.co.uk gallery: Duchess of Cornwall in Marlborough **

** bbc.co.uk video: Duchess of Cornwall visits Marlborough in Wiltshire **

So nice to see the Duchess back to work !

Thanks so much for the pictures, iceflower!
Gus and Louis are adorable boys, and I had a cuteness overload at the sight of this picture: Camilla in grandmother mode. :)

Very nice of the two children to kiss Camilla. You can see that happen in the BBC News Video.

Very nice of the two children to kiss Camilla. You can see that happen in the BBC News Video.
Well, she is their grandmother after all: I guess they are pretty used to getting kisses from the future Queen of the United Kingdom. ;)

LOL, I didn't pay attention to the fact that the kids are her grandchildren.

Artemisia said:
Thanks so much for the pictures, iceflower!
Gus and Louis are adorable boys, and I had a cuteness overload at the sight of this picture: Camilla in grandmother mode. :)

They're very cute indeed.

Precious!:heart1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some of the most adorable photos I've ever seen! I love seeing Camilla as grandma. :)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attended "A Hard Calling-Reporting from the Frontline", a service commemorating news gatherers who have died in the conflicts of the 21st century, at St Brides Church, on October 22, 2012 in London, United Kingdom.

- The Duchess is greeted by The Rector, The Venerable David Meara
- The Duchess unveils a memorial page to Marie Colvin
- The Duchess during the memorial service

- Camilla speaks with journalist Paul Conroy who was with the late Marie Colvin in Syria
- Camilla talking to the guests, including journalist Lindsay Hilson

- A memorial page to Marie Colvin
- General view of the service

Thank you Artemisia.

I'm glad Camilla is supporting this. After the phone hacking scandals and the very poor impression (on me) made by tabloid websites like the online Daily Mail, it's good to be reminded of the job being done by journalists like Marie Colvin and other foreign correspondents who risk their lives reporting news.

Thank you Artemisia.

I'm glad Camilla is supporting this. After the phone hacking scandals and the very poor impression (on me) made by tabloid websites like the online Daily Mail, it's good to be reminded of the job being done by journalists like Marie Colvin and other foreign correspondents who risk their lives reporting news.

I agree with you. It's because of the real journalists we know what is happening in the world.
Otherwise, a lot of atrocities and crimes would have remained unreported and unknown.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall be appointed as the Colonel-In-Chief of the Royal Australian Corps of Military Police, be afforded a Royal Salute and inspect the Royal Guard and Band at Victoria Barracks, Sydney.

The Prince of Wales - Details of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's visit to Papua New Guinea , Australia and New Zealand confirmed

It'll be Camilla's first Australian honorary military appointment, and only the second non-UK one (she has been appointed Honorary Colonel-in-Chief of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada in 2010).

Mmmm If true Camilla will not attend the indonesian state dinner next week. ...

I won't be surprised if Charles doesn't attend either as he is due on PNG on the 3rd November meaning a need to leave the UK on the 1st (due to the time difference you lose a day flying from London).

I think it's great that Camila gets to take a relaxing trip before the upcoming tour. She has a chance to unwind, and get the energy thst she needs.

Right, she works her finger to the bones, usually.

With Charles & 5 grandkids, she needs a vacation. William & Kate went on vacation and they are going again in November. Harry went to vacation. Camilla needs a vacation. Maybe it's for Laura. Or maybe it's Camilla early Christmas present to Laura & her staff.

She is also traveling in the right direction so it's really just a layover.

I don't think any royal needs a vacation except a monarch. However everyone wants a vacation, I want one now and i don't remember the last time I saw/ hear Camilla was on holiday.

It can be two-in-one: acclimatization (Camilla worried about it) and holiday

Camilla has apparently extended the normal two months summer holiday the royals have each year in Scotland by including a week-long stopover on her way to PNG, Australia and NZ.

She will meet up with Charles, probably at Singapore, and from there fly to PNG and be ready for the conditions there and probably will hit the ground running.

Smart thing to do. She not only will be better used to the weather etc. then, but it also saves a plane flight back and forth and therefor much better for the enviroment.

SLV said:
Smart thing to do. She not only will be better used to the weather etc. then, but it also saves a plane flight back and forth and therefor much better for the enviroment.

Not really saving a plane ride as she had to fly to that region anyway regardless if it was early or with her husband.

I don't think any royal needs a vacation except a monarch. However everyone wants a vacation, I want one now and i don't remember the last time I saw/ hear Camilla was on holiday.

I recall the vacation to the Mediterranean with her daughter and some friends during the week of Diana's memorial service. I don't know if there has been any holiday since.

I recall the vacation to the Mediterranean with her daughter and some friends during the week of Diana's memorial service. I don't know if there has been any holiday since.

I think one reason we don't hear too much about Camilla and Charles taking holidays is because for the most part, their idea of a holiday is relatively staying close to home over exotic vacations. Camilla takes time off to go to Ray Mill and spend time with her family and Charles has been known to quietly go to Romania or Birkhall or skiing etc. These two royals definitely aren't the jet setting couple of the 21st century with exotic vacations all over the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom