The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of the Daily Mail but to be fair to them, their website often has coverage of Camilla's engagements - far more than the Daily Telegraph's. Their articles (except Richard Kay/Geoffrey Levy's) have also been quite positive in recent months.

As you say, it's lovely to see so much of Camilla. She has noticeably increased her workload this year

The Daily Mail website that you can access may well have coverage of Camilla's engagements but the actual hardcopy published in the UK (especially outside the south-east of England) quite often doesn't have the articles that are 'published' online. So the people outside the UK (who don't vote in UK elections or get sounded out in UK opinion polls) get a better idea of her engagements than those in the UK!

^^^^
True, but we live in a digital world and more and more people, even those in the UK, access news media online and not in print copies. I gave up receiving daily hardcopy newspapers almost 10 years ago.

I too only access news online which also means I access news from the entire English speaking world now and not just my little corner of it.

As for Camilla doing more I agree - she does appear to be busier this year which I put down to the Jubilee, being more comfortable in the position, being in better health (she has had a couple of injuries and surgery over the last couple of years which would have seen her down on duties) and more organisations wanting her as their patron (up to around 70 now).

I do find it sad though that some people see every piece of coverage of her events as just PR by CH but they are also the first ones to call her lazy.

Duchess of Cornwall becomes patron of air ambulance cause
The Duchess of Cornwall has made a flying visit to Cornwall Air Ambulance's new base. The Duchess, who is patron of Cornwall Air Ambulance unveiled a plaque to officially open the charity’s headquarters at Newquay Cornwall Airport. Her Royal Highness paid tribute to dedicated air ambulance charities across the country. The Duchess said: “I don’t know what this community and others would do in Britain without the air ambulance. I want to say thank you to everybody for the service they provide and the lives they say.”

Duchess of Cornwall becomes patron of air ambulance cause

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has agreed to be patron of the new Wiltshire Air Ambulance charity. Camilla was patron of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Appeal and has agreed to transfer her patronage to the new charity, Wiltshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust. The charity was formed last October after becoming independent from the Great Western Ambulance Service, which was the sole trustee of the Wiltshire AIr Ambulance Appeal.

Very lovely cathedral and flower arrangements. Camila appeared to really enjoy herself (no surprise if she's into arranging flowers). I always enjoy watching her interact with people. She has a very friendly disposition.

:previous: Thank you for the pictures, cepe :flowers:. Some of them I haven't seen before. Really liked the ones from her younger days.

Thank you for the pictures, cepe. I hope the Duchess has a wonderful birthday.

Thank you so much for posting that link, cepe. I enjoyed seeing all those images very much. The story of Charles & Camilla's relationship fascinates me, and I love seeing all the old photos as part of the continuum.

After seeing so many pics of Camilla over the years till 2005 which were ugly and humiliating, it is soo nice now to see these beautiful pics of one of my favorite Royals.

Wow has she come a long way from before times. I have to say that I didnt think it would be a positive thing for Charles to marry her but I cant help eating my words. They are both happy and Camilla has proven to be a positive influence in his life. They truly do belong together.

Last article in this thread quite some time ago: how is Camilla? I know she was ill in Scotland, but how is she now? Between her ailing and the queen's bad back, surely it is no wonder Catherine takes over more of a workload than originally.

Last article in this thread quite some time ago: how is Camilla? I know she was ill in Scotland, but how is she now? Between her ailing and the queen's bad back, surely it is no wonder Catherine takes over more of a workload than originally.
The Duchess had to cancel several engagements because she had developed an ear infection and sinusitis.
She does have an engagement on 19th though, so I assume her health condition has improved.

Hopefully the infection is cleared up and she wont have to cancel her trip to Oz.

:previous: Oh dear, somehow a sinus & ear infection has segued into a fear of flying and worrying that the natives (Aussies and Kiwis) don't think she stacks up! What a crock. These "concerned" commentators and "friends" would have been better advised to show their support and keep their flights of fancy to themselves.

At best they seem self serving and at worst (with a little help from the knockers) a self-fulfilling prophesy. A plague on their houses!

:previous: Oh dear, somehow a sinus & ear infection has segued into a fear of flying and worrying that the natives (Aussies and Kiwis) don't think she stacks up! What a crock. These "concerned" commentators and "friends" would have been better advised to show their support and keep their flights of fancy to themselves.

At best they seem self serving and at worst (with a little help from the knockers) a self-fulfilling prophesy. A plague on their houses!

Its always been known that Camilla isn't overly fond of flying but I really don't think she'd really let that get to her and deter her from making the trip. From friends of mine's experiences, the flight to Oz is really a tedious one for anyone to undertake (flying from the US or the UK).

I'm really looking forward to following Charles and Camilla on this tour.

Last year Helliker recycled some old "quotes" for one of the "living separate lives" stories (I don't have a link) about Camilla and Charles. IMO, he is on the list of snide-little-gossips regarding Camilla. Fiction.

I'm sure Camilla worries about flying every time she flies. When she 1st lands on her each of her trips she always looks sick but a few days later she is her perky self.

She probably suffers from motion sickness and a fear of flying. (Her grandmother also suffered from motion sickness.)

Because Charles only believes in natural cures, she can't take prescription medicine and just endures the pain.

Because Charles only believes in natural cures, she can't take prescription medicine and just endures the pain.

Can he dictate such a thing to her? I thought he might have learned a lesson or two about women. :) Besides, isn't the existence of the house in Wiltshire evidence that she has a mind of her own?

:previous:

Doubt he could or would. Prince Charles is also against smoking, yet his wife and sons do smoke.

I am quite sure that should doctors prescribe medication for Camilla, Charles would be wise enough to realize that they are necessary. Charles does beleve in and endorse homeopathic and natural remedies but there are certain times and situations where drugs are necessary. I don't think he'd ever impinge on another's choice in medications.

I am quite sure that should doctors prescribe medication for Camilla, Charles would be wise enough to realize that they are necessary. Charles does beleve in and endorse homeopathic and natural remedies but there are certain times and situations where drugs are necessary. I don't think he'd ever impinge on another's choice in medications.
His mother, and a lot of other people, also believes in homeopathic and natural remedies but that hasn't stopped her or other members of the family seeking the services of an MD when necessary.

Oh, this just screams All Creatures Great and Small to me!
Siegfried Farnon ( senior vet) would be in heaven- no matter if he said so or not!:D:lol: So would Robert Hardy, who portrayed Siegfried on the show...:D
I love that Camilla is such an animal lover!
And I'm impressed that with all those dogs there was not an accident on the Royal carpet( which Camilla and her staff are pleased about too I am sure!:lol:)

I think one thing that we can rest assured of is that when the time comes and Camilla is Queen Consort, there'll be well cared for royal pooches around. I'm sure that is an assurance for HM to know. They're both such kindred spirits when it comes to animals. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this just screams All Creatures Great and Small to me!
...I love that Camilla is such an animal lover!)
I agree completely here. Camila, like some other royals and people we know has a big heart, and animals sense it and are drawn to it. I love seeing her playing with the dogs.
I think one thing that we can rest assured of is that when the time comes and Camilla is Queen Consort, there'll be well cared for royal pooches around. I'm sure that is an assurance for HM to know. They're both such kindred spirits when it comes to animals. :flowers:
That is only too true :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom