The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. I am sure she enjoyed visiting the Beatles story.

Yes she did. According to the local tv news report on the BBC she was one of the original screaming fans at their concerts in the early to mid sixties & even went to a Beatles concert in Paris. At the end of her visit she bought some Beatles t-shirts, but it wasn't explained for whom they were for. There was some amused chat from the reporters as to how likely it was that she's bought one for Prince Charles!

Yes she did. According to the local tv news report on the BBC she was one of the original screaming fans at their concerts in the early to mid sixties & even went to a Beatles concert in Paris. At the end of her visit she bought some Beatles t-shirts, but it wasn't explained for whom they were for. There was some amused chat from the reporters as to how likely it was that she's bought one for Prince Charles!

My brain simply refused to picture Prince Charles wearing a Beatles t-shirt, even at home, in private. :cool:

Camila has good taste in music then :D. I can definitely picture her listening to their music and having a blast at a concert or two.

My brain simply refused to picture Prince Charles wearing a Beatles t-shirt, even at home, in private. :cool:

I'm with you. Prince Charles knows how to have fun, but not that much fun :D. Then again, we may be very, very surprised at how loose he may let when out of the public eye (which we'll never see, mind you).

Especially as he's previously claimed in inteviews to like Bob Marley and Leonard Cohen:)

Charles was a teenager in the 60s so why is it surprising to think that he mightn't have enjoyed the same music as the rest of his peers.

:previous: Exactly! People tend to think he was hatched fully grown at 60! :ROFLMAO:

Sigh.

Please note all posts that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread have been deleted as off topic. For those who are unsure of the topic....it is Camilla's Current Events....not a rehash of the Charles/Camilla/Diana triangle, not the events of other persons who are not Camilla.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk

Last edited:
Congratulations Camilla. 7 years married and already a GCVO. That is a vote of confidence and support.

I see that this order is awarded personally by the Queen for services to the Sovereign. It also signals HM's approval for the work Camilla's done on behalf of the monarchy, so that should hopefully lay to rest any doubt about Camilla becoming Queen Consort. I'd like to consider this is also a sign of the Queen's tacit approval of Camilla's future title. A lovely anniversary gift; congratulations!

Last edited:
Definitely a vote of confidence in Camilla for all her hard work and a sign that the Queen approves of Camilla's public work.

I see that this order is awarded personally by the Queen for services to the Sovereign. That also signals HM's approval for the work Camilla's done on behalf of the monarchy, so that should hopefully lay to rest any doubt about Camilla becoming Queen Consort. A lovely anniversary gift; congratulations!

Know nothing about this, of course (I am very ignorant on such matters) - but I am thrilled by what you all are saying. :flowers: I hope the Queen makes more public gestures like this. Its such a relief to see sanity and goodwill holding forth. The more positive support the Queen manifests while she's here (around), the less trouble for Charles when he ascends the throne, I think.

This is another large statement by The Queen that she does approve of Camilla. The first statement was the day they married with the huge flag put up over Windsor Castle instead of the normal flag. The the Durbar Tiara - the one that Queen Mary wore for the Delhi Durbar in 1911, which Camilla has been allowed to wear. There can be no doubt that The Queen supports Charles' choice of second wife and sees her as a valuable asset to the family, probably because she has made her eldest son and heir so happy.

Camilla granted Queen's highest seal of approval with a very personal wedding anniversary honour!
The Queen has finally given her daughter-in-law the Duchess of Cornwall the seal of approval by awarding the royal her highest personal honour. Camilla is to become a Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order to mark the seventh anniversary of her wedding to Prince Charles today.
Wonderful news! It shows Her Majesty has full confidence in her daughter-in-law.
I've been waiting for this renouncement for some time now, not least because I want to see Camilla wearing the famous sash.
Incidentally, this picture of the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall from the DM article is really nice. :)

Last edited:
That is a nice picture of the two, Artemisia. Both are really deep into the conversation and I love HM's smile.

Last edited:
What wonderful news for Camila! She is such a great asset to the Royal Family, and deserves the honor and recognition.

Wow! This is a huge honor for the Duchess on her wedding anniversary.

She certainly got hers in better time than the Countess of Wessex. Nonetheless, it's entirely appropriate and a nice gesture.

Her personal coat of arms has now been adapted to include the order circlet.

Last edited:
If you look at the different women who have married into the royal family during the Queen's reign:

Duchess of Kent
Duchess of Gloucester
Princess Michael of Kent (Marie-Christine)
Diana, Princess or Wales
Sarah, Duchess of York
Countess of Wessex
Duchess of Cornwall
Duchess of Cambridge

it is interesting to see that Camilla actually was given this award in the shortest period - 7 years, Sophie took 11 years, while Diana, Sarah and Marie-Christine have never received it (shouldn't count Kate after less than one year).

The other ladies also had to work for well over a decade.

Anne was 24 and had been working part-time as a royal for about 7 years when she was awarded this honour and she is the Queen's daughter. Alexandra was also given it as a Birthday/Christmas present for her 25th birthday.

Last edited:
This is great! Congratulations to Camilla. Charles must be happy, too. It is such a nice and important gesture made by HM, thoughtful and well timed.
:flowers:

Great that Camilla gets some recognition for the good work she's been doing, its about time too!

Fabulous news, I'm sure that Camilla and indeed Charles are very touched by this decision on the part of HM. What a lovely anniversary present. I look forward to seeing Camilla in the sash hopefully very soon.

Quick question - does Camilla's coat of arms change now to reflect that she's now a GVCO?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom