The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, so the plot thickens. I had always heard there were two brooches, so which story is correct, I wonder? Nevertheless, this brooch wasn't Diana's personal property but that of the Crown, so the current Princess of Wales has the right to wear it. It's just that something Diana wore is interpreted by the press to have been confiscated by Camilla. Muddying the waters, indeed.

Last edited:
hope the horse & jockey that took a tumble yesterday are okay- Camilla & Zara looked aghast in pictures, surely it was quite shocking.

Regarding th PoW brooch, I prefer it worn as a pendant.

Just seen on another board that The Royal Collections confirmed that there's , in fact, only ONE brooch, part of the famous emerald set avaiable for the Princess of Wales in title.

If this is so, then the wearing of the brooch might be part of a well-planned modus operandi to show Camilla more and more as Charles' rightful wife, as Princess of Wales and future queen. The time has now come when there must be plans on work to make the switch from HM to Charles as easy as possible. My guess is that after the shock of the DoE's health problems last christmas it is now even HM's wish to proceed.

If this is so, then the wearing of the brooch might be part of a well-planned modus operandi to show Camilla more and more as Charles' rightful wife, as Princess of Wales and future queen. The time has now come when there must be plans on work to make the switch from HM to Charles as easy as possible. My guess is that after the shock of the DoE's health problems last christmas it is now even HM's wish to proceed.

I agree with you. I think the time has probably come for Camilla to no longer be shy of her position as the Princess of Wales, and a future Queen. The sooner we all get used to it, the better it will be. She has demonstrated that she can be a diligent and strong member of the royal family.

Last edited:
:previous:
You can see a more complete look in this picture.
I like the colour, but not so sure about the dress itself, at least not when Camilla is sitting. When she's standing, the dress looks quite pretty.

Six children from St Peter’s Primary School - Amie Sott, Charlie Aslet, Sienna Pascal, Natalie Stott, Conrad Brant and Charlie Duncan - visited Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall on March 15. They talked with the Duchess about their Big Jubilee Lunch and helped themselves to come cupcakes before asking her to become a patron of the event. The Duchess accepted the patronage.

Last edited:
Camilla has worn this brooch before. She has also worn another Prince of Wales feathers brooch - the one she wore for her wedding for instance.

There are a number of Prince of Wales feathers brooches so I don't know why they are saying only one - maybe only one with the emerald attached. This is a link to her wedding outfit where she is wearing a Prince of Wales feathers brooch but not the same one she wore to Cheltenham. Camilla recycles wedding dress two years after big day | Mail Online

I much prefer the way Camilla wears it to how Diana wore it.

I enjoyed the way Diana wore it myself. It was different and suited her style well.

At the end of the day, such jewellery is initially comissioned with the expectation that it shall be passed down and worn by various people. It was not the personal property of Diana, rather, was at her disposal as Princess of Wales.

I agree with you. I think the time has probably come for Camilla to no longer be shy of her position as the Princess of Wales, and a future Queen. The sooner we all get used to it, the better it will be. She has demonstrated that she can be a diligent and strong member of the royal family.

I also agree. I think this is one of the few times, if ever, that Camilla's worn this piece and it is definitely a statement that she is the Princess of Wales and will eventually step into the role of Queen Consort that cannot be denied her. She's paid her dues, and now it's time to reap the "reward." Wearing this brooch sends a clear message, I feel.

Last edited:

That is a cute video. She's such a friendly and easy-going person. She seemed to enjoy that cupcake :D

She has worn this brooch before, in 2006, and the DM basically wrote exactly the same thing then. Camilla steps out in diamond brooch Diana used to wear | Mail Online

That is a very pretty piece of jewelry. From what I can tell, Camila wears it quite well.

Even if it is the same piece, I think it is a good idea for Camilla to be wearing it. Enough time has passed. The more she wears the brooch, the less controversial her doing so will become. People will get used to it and accept it as being a piece to be worn by the Princess of Wales rather than being Diana's.

Rather OT but to be perfectly honest and objective about the subject, the existence of a second brooch seems still highly debated. Just seen on another board that The Royal Collections confirmed that there's , in fact, only ONE brooch, part of the famous emerald set avaiable for the Princess of Wales in title.

So Diana's and Camilla's brooch MIGHT be the same ( loaned by the Crown of course, not a personnal property).

It would be a very interesting subject if it was not regulary hijacked for some well known bashing...
OK, if there is only one brooch at it has been confirmed, in writing, with one of the posters on RJOTW, I would love to see that confirmation. It is not a lot to ask and in fact makes one wonder why someone from The Royal Collection has not clarified this before now.

As to the brooch (either), Camilla has worn it before with the same rubbish spat out from the Mail. But I am more interested in the "emerald set" you mention. Can you tell me what it comprises?

:previous::previous:

Its consists of a brooch, pendant and earrings, all wedding gifts from the Ladies of North Wales to the then princess Alexandra.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Queen Alexandra wedding gifts

Camilla wore all of these emerald items (if the pendant is indeed the same).

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Pre Opera

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The David Parry

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Film

Thank you for the pictures, Nico :flowers:. These jewels look stunning against the green velvet of her dress.

I think this is the first time I've actually heard Camilla's voice, very deep and melodious. That was a cute occasion, although I doubt the Duchess usually answers the door to Clarence House (but, you never know!), so she was obviously prepared for her visitors with the Union Jack faces bearing cupcakes. And I also liked that she opened the door to the children; how welcoming. You can tell she's a pro interacting with children with her easy manner.

Last edited:
I think this is the first time I've actually heard Camilla's voice, very deep and melodious. That was a cute occasion, although I doubt the Duchess usually answers the door to Clarence House (but, you never know!), so she was obviously prepared for her visitors with the Union Jack faces bearing cupcakes. And I also liked that she opened the door to the children; how welcoming. You can tell she's a pro interacting with children with her easy manner.

I loved the fact that it was her who opened the door, and not a butler. Wonder if the kids knew it was going to happen like that, because they went into their presentation mode right away. Watching Camila interact with children is such joy. She's very natural and it comes across very, very well.

'Make the most of it': Duchess of Cornwall reassures piglet on visit to charity farm
The Duchess of Cornwall couldn’t resist tickling an adorable piglet on a trip to an ‘inspirational’ farm today – but was warned not to get too attached. Camilla was told the week-old was destined to be turned into sausages in six months’ time. ‘Oh dear, well make the most of it,’ she said to the animal. ‘I know you will be well looked after, at least.’
She also shared a bit of information about her grandchildren:
And she told the Mail that she planned to get some chickens of her own at Ray Mill, her private country residence, for her twin grandsons Gus and Louis. The two-year-olds have moved with their parents, Harry and Laura Lopes, to Marlborough, close to Camilla’s home. Laura, the duchess’s daughter by her first marriage, also has an elder daughter, Eliza.
Camilla said: ‘We have chickens at Highgrove but I am going to get to some too, for the twins. I want to buy them three each and am just deciding on the breeds. ‘I took them to get some eggs the other day and introduce them to chickens. One of the birds came flying out of the coop and charged over, wings flapping. One of the twins was quite calm but the other was in hysterics. ‘But I think having chickens will be very good for them. I love them and the boys can feed them when I am away.'

It's similar to the Fresh Air Fund here in the States where underprivileged children from the city get to spend time in the country and on farms. Really a great activity and exposure for them.

But poor little piggy, sooned to be turned into sausage in another six months! I would hate to make a pet of my food, but that's farmlife, I guess.:sad:

It's similar to the Fresh Air Fund here in the States where underprivileged children from the city get to spend time in the country and on farms. Really a great activity and exposure for them.

But poor little piggy, sooned to be turned into sausage in another six months! I would hate to make a pet of my food, but that's farmlife, I guess.:sad:

I've never heard of Fresh Air Fund. Sounds like a great organization with great intentions.

As for the pig, I'm getting a little 'All Creatures Great and Small' moment, when a farmer who was very attached to his pigs refused to slaughter them. When the time came, he was inconsolable.

How sensible and forward thinking is Camilla to get chickens for her grandchildren? She is much more in tune with nature and reality than many others who would think to buy an expensive toy or computer games.

The Duchess of Cornwall was in Liverpool and Wirral today, April 4, 2012.

In Liverpool she toured the "Beatles Story" visitor attraction and officially opened the new Diamond
Jubilee Gates, Reynolds Park. In Wirral she visited the Tranmere Community Project and the Wirral
Credit Union.

Here she's pictured leaving the Beatles Story in the Albert Dock during her visit to Liverpool:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** wenn gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall was in Liverpool and Wirral today, April 4, 2012.

In Liverpool she toured the "Beatles Story" visitor attraction and officially opened the new Diamond
Jubilee Gates, Reynolds Park. In Wirral she visited the Tranmere Community Project and the Wirral
Credit Union.

Here she's pictured leaving the Beatles Story in the Albert Dock during her visit to Liverpool:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** wenn gallery **

Great. I am sure she enjoyed visiting the Beatles story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom