The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!

I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.

So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!

Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!:cool:
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....;)

I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that (especially because I share a lot of those passions myself, especially when it comes to working with children, reading, arts and history). Camila is rising in my book every day. She's another wonderful asset to the Windsors.

Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!

Spoken like a true bibliophile :flowers: :cool: :D. Now, if we could get children interested in reading....I think I know whom I'll need to invite to my classroom on the World Book Day :D.

I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.

I agree with you. I also loved reading that Camila had such fond memories of reading with her father. I loved listening to books when I was little and couldn't read, and I'm so grateful for having family who shared my passion, and encouraged me to read.

So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!

Indeed they are. So many kids prefer video games, and with all the e-readers out there, having an actual copy of the book is becoming more and more obsolete. I'm happy to see that reading is being promoted.

I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.

I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that
Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....;)

I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.
A drama group for people in prison? How awesome is that?
:cool:

You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche. :)

Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....;)

Oh, now we're talking :D! Royal watching would get a lot more exciting, and that's saying something, since I love to keep up with the Windsors (and some others from the Continent too).

You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche. :)

I couldn't agree more here. You summed it up delightfully :flowers:.

Last edited:

Yesterday, March 12, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception recognising women as agents
of change, held at Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall. On pic 2 you can see Princess Lalla Joumala
of Morocco who attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Love those female Chelsea Pensioners!

The Duchess of Cornwall visit The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery today, and opened the King George VI Lines. She also met service personnel and present operational medals. A lovely article on the visit:

THE DUCHESS AND THE WAR HORSE: CAMILLA GETS MORE THAN SHE BARGAINED FOR
The Royal whisperer: Camilla tells horse off as she visits King's Troop Artillery
The Duchess of Cornwall has always been at ease around horses.But it looks as though she has also mastered the art of communicating with them as she appeared to be telling off one particular equine, who nudged her out of the way, giving her a bit of a fright.But Camilla, who was opening the King George VI Lines at The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery in Woolwich, didn't let the incident put her off and appeared relaxed as she continued to feed the horses mints.

- [URL="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/13/article-2114480-12265DBD000005DC-168_634x819.jpg"]Camilla feeding the horse polo mints
[/URL]- Telling off the horse after the "incident" :D
- All is well that ends well: the Duchess gives the horse a pat on its nose
- I'm watching you!

- Camilla in a carriage
- Having a chat with some of the officers
- The Duchess is shown some of the horses

One of the reasons I've grown to like Camilla so much; she's a good sport!
Never angry or put off, just carrying on with grace and humour. :)

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall visit The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery today, and opened the King George VI Lines. She also met service personnel and present operational medals. A lovely article on the visit:

- Camilla feeding the horse polo mints
- Telling off the horse after the "incident" :D

One of the reasons I've grown to like Camilla so much; she's a good sport! Never angry or put off, just carrying on with grace and humour. :)
Absolutely priceless and hysterical! :D:lol::lol::lol:
@ Daria- Is it just me, or can you totally see RH and S. here too, laughing their heads off?;):ROFLMAO:

Great story, Artemisia, and Camilla's reaction is so apropos of her ability to handle situations with her own brand of humor and style. She rolls with the punches, so to speak, and is just so unfazed by the unexpected. I'm not surprised by her reaction, given she's an expert horsewoman, and this is why she's increasingly endeared herself to the public.

Last edited:

The Royal whisperer: Camilla tells horse off as she visits King's Troop Artillery

- [URL="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/13/article-2114480-12265DBD000005DC-168_634x819.jpg"]Camilla feeding the horse polo mints
[/URL]- Telling off the horse after the "incident" :D
- I'm watching you!

- Camilla in a carriage
- Having a chat with some of the officers
- The Duchess is shown some of the horses

One of the reasons I've grown to like Camilla so much; she's a good sport!
Never angry or put off, just carrying on with grace and humour. :)

Oh my goodness :D :ROFLMAO:! I love the pictures with the horse. Camila's definitely going with the flow, a skill a public figure needs to master.

Absolutely priceless and hysterical! :D:lol::lol::lol:
@ Daria- Is it just me, or can you totally see RH and S. here too, laughing their heads off?;):ROFLMAO:

Yes, those pictures are a complete 'All Creatures Great and Small' moment. I can see Siegfried as well as Robert Hardy (actor that played the famous vet) get a kick out of something like this.

Great story, Artemisia, and Camilla's reaction is so apropos of her ability to handle situations with her own brand of humor and style. She rolls with the punches, so to speak, and is just so unfazed by the unexpected. I'm not surprised by her reaction, give she's an expert horsewoman, and this is why she's increasingly endeared herself to the public.

You said it beautifully. Her ability to just go with it is extremely endearing and relatable for anyone who has ever worked with children, because you really never know what to expect when you get into the classroom each morning.

Oh, boy, here we go again with the POW brooch! I thought there were two brooches in the collection and this is not the one Diana wore.

Oh, boy, here we go again with the POW brooch! I thought there were two brooches in the collection and this is not the one Diana wore.

Unfortunately William cannot yet give Catherine Diana's brooch, as he is not yet the PoW. That would stop this rumours for good.

and AGAIN we have to ad this : :bang:

"In regards to the Princess of Wales brooches worn by both Diana and Camilla. Leslie Field's information is that there are 2 brooches, one was made and gifted to Queen Alexandra when she was Princess of Wales. When Alexandra became Queen and her daughter-in-law Mary of Teck became Princess of Wales, Alexandra had an identical copy made of her brooch to give to Mary. Diana received Alexandra's brooch to wear and Camilla received Mary's brooch to wear."

Jewellery of Today's British Royalty - The Tudors Wiki

Good grief, not THIS story again! :bang:
Thank you for the background of the two brooches, Nico! :flowers:
On a side note, Camilla looks lovely and it was nice to see Tom and Sara thee as well.

Last edited:
More stirring of the pot and misinformation by the Daily Mail. Thanks for your information, Nico. I knew there was an explanation of the two POW brooches. And it was pleasant to see Camilla's son and DIL with her; you don't see them too often.

I think Camila looks wonderful (minus the hat). The brooch is stunning, and I wish DM would just stop stirring the pot. There's no point to it all, in all reality.

Last edited:
Nice to see Tom. I've always liked him. He seems to be great fun. And I see a lot of Camilla in him, even that funny part

I've tried leaving a comment pointing out the mistake with the brooch. Surprise, surprise they've chosen not to publish it.

I've tried leaving a comment pointing out the mistake with the brooch. Surprise, surprise they've chosen not to publish it.

Sure, why let the facts get in the way of a good story?;) It's much more interesting their way!

Rather OT but to be perfectly honest and objective about the subject, the existence of a second brooch seems still highly debated. Just seen on another board that The Royal Collections confirmed that there's , in fact, only ONE brooch, part of the famous emerald set avaiable for the Princess of Wales in title.

So Diana's and Camilla's brooch MIGHT be the same ( loaned by the Crown of course, not a personnal property).

It would be a very interesting subject if it was not regulary hijacked for some well known bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom