The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Looks like a wedding band. Charles wears his wedding band on the little finger of his left hand (behind his signet ring), so maybe she does at times, as well.

On Tuesday, January 31, the Duchess of Cornwall attended the press night performance of
'Midnight Tango' at the Aldwych Theatre in London.

She looked great with those earrings!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

^^ True. Those earings are very beutiful and look great on her.
She seems to be a big dance lover

She must have been having a wonderful time. Her smile is absolutely radiant.

What a fabulous outfit the Duchess is wearing. Thanks for the pics, iceflower. :flowers:

Thanks for posting the Midnight Tango premiere pictures, the DOC looks great!

You are all most welcome! :flowers:

What I also liked about those pics is the fact that she's been seen enjoying semi-private ;) nights on the town.

I actually hadn't thought of it that way but you are right. It's great to see her out just having fun. Somehow I don't think she gets enough opportunities to just do what everyone else does. I think it is good for her and keeps her grounded. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited The Cambridge Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility
in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge to learn more about the work of JDRF, the type 1
diabetes research charity. She met researchers from the University of Cambridge, who are
working on developing an Artificial Pancreas and preventing type 1 diabetes and its complications
and children living with type 1 diabetes.

The Duchess of Cornwall and the Prince of Wales attendes several events in Cambridge today.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Very Nice To See Some One Care about diabetes sufferers Very seldom to see some royals members care about Diatetes But Despite In the field of medicine called a slow killer Very Glad to See Some one care about it :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cornwall seems to engage effortlessly with the public, she appears so genuine and interested, especially at the Addenbrooke Research Facility photos, thanks for posting them.

The Duchess of Cornwall was made an Honourable Royal Bencher at the Honourable Society,
Gray's Inn in London, today, February 15, 2012.

"The tradition is that there will always be a Royal Bencher. Prince Charles is a senior Royal Bencher
and the Duke of Gloucester became the second", Sir Michael Burton said, "The Duchess will obviously
never practice. It normally takes 20 to 30 years to become a bencher after becoming a barrister so
the Duchess has skipped that bit." Clever ;)

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Called As An Honourable Royal Bencher **

** PA: Camilla made honorary barrister **

Nice to see Camilla out and about so much; and always with a smile on her face.

:previous:

Same for me - as to the passion for books and the appreciation for her special commitment :flowers:
She looks the part concerning that field of interest and duty, that's the big advantage.

An avid reader and a proponent of it as well - a lady after my own heart!

The Duchess of Cornwall attended The Royal Artillery Gold Cup, met military personnel and their
families and made trophy presentations at Sandown Park racecourse, Esher, Surrey, February 17
2012. Camilla was also introduced to the Military Wives Choir and heard them perform.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery **

** bfbs.com article and video: Camilla at Royal Artillery Gold Cup **

** dailymail: That horse is looking a bit manhandled: Duchess of Cornwall meets cheeky War Horse puppet... **

Duchess Camilla visits Sandown Park - YouTube

Last edited:
Love the pictures of DoCornwall with the War Horse- great expression on her face, she's so jovial!

thank you iceflower! I adore Duchess of Cornwall and pics two and three are absolutely beautiful.

I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.

Last edited:
I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.

That's a very good description of Camila. I think that's one of the reasons someone felt comfortable enough to put his/her hand on the Duchess's shoulder. I love how she makes people feel at ease.

From The British Monarchy facebook page:

The Duchess of Cornwall will be speaking at the Biggest Book Show on Earth as part of World Book Day tomorrow. You can sign up to watch the event as it happens here: World Book Day | Webcasts

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures/videos from this event. I love reading, and so happy to see that Her Highness does too (and takes time to promote it).

Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.

Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.

Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.

Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.
Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!:cool:
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom