The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that first picture of her in the full skirt and tall boots. She looks like the Camilla of her youth, when she first knew Charles.

Yesterday, November 18, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken the salute at the Junior
Non-Commissioned Officer Pass Off parade at the Ward Barracks, Bulford, Wiltshire.
Camila looks fabulous. Her outfit is spot on. I love her smile in the fourth picture, and the interactions with kids in pictures two and three.

She looks like she'd be great chatting you up with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying a good story or two. I don't think anyone could feel self-conscious around Camilla, and if so, she'd be the first to put you at your ease. As it is, I love that third picture where she's tapping the cap of the little girl who has such an adorable expression on her face.
Oh, I completely agree with you. I think she would be very easy to talk to, and if she sensed that you were not comfortable, she'd be the one to probably crack a joke, to break the ice a bit. I love meeting those types of people, because my shyness usually lands me into the feelings of awkwardness when meeting people for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but think of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother when reading this. As you might remember, King George VI was very shy (and his stuttering didn't really help either!). The queen on the other hand, was more outgoing and more personable, and some have said without her, the King's reign might have not gone as well as it did. Maybe it's a bit of stretch, but it seems like PoW is similar to King George VI in that he doesn't appear to appeal to people very well, and Camilla is the more outgoing. It's only a very rough analogy and shouldn't be taken too far, but that's just my very general impression.... :flowers:

I can see the general similarities here. What I did observe though, is that the Prince of Wales is a lot more comfortable in public when in the company of his wife. She may be able to give him that little bit of encouragement by simply being there.

I can't help but think of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother...
Actually I think it is a very good analogy. I've read many many times where Charles has always been on the shy, introverted side for most of his life and Camilla has one of those personalities that just instantly draws a person out. This could very well be the reason that Charles was attracted to her in the first place. They work so well together because they balance each other out.

Not a rough analogy at all, but a good one. Charles and Camilla enjoy a great balance in their marriage where each supplies what the other may lack, and you can see how much the PoW has relaxed and shows more warmth since his marriage to Camilla.

I can see the general similarities here. What I did observe though, is that the Prince of Wales is a lot more comfortable in public when in the company of his wife. She may be able to give him that little bit of encouragement by simply being there.

Yes, I've noticed over the last 10 years or so that the PoW seems to be more comfortable and relaxed out in public. Why he even went and held up Camilla's granddaughter on the Buckingham Palace's balcony at the royal wedding last spring--not something I'd have expected to see him doing that! :lol:

So Camilla has been good for him, I'd say. :flowers:

Let's stay on topic with CAMILLA's actual events.

Thanks!

Maybe Camilla would like to be a participant!;) She seems to be really enjoying herself.

HRH seems to love dancing, remember when she danced with Craig Revel-Horwood earlier in the year? Lovely to see her out and looking so happy. And dressed so well!

Deliberately watched SCD It Takes Two early tonight in the hope it would be shown, loved seeing the Duchess of Cornwall, she really is brilliant :ROFLMAO:

This woman knows how to have a good time as well as make those around her feel special. She should really be given a chance to host one episode of the show, just for fun.

The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday also visited Heywood Preparatory School, Corsham, Wiltshire,
met staff and pupils and officially opened the school's new all-weather sports court.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

I love the last picture. Camila is interested in what others have to say, no matter what age. She's as engrossed in the little boy's activity as he is.

Camilla really comes across as such a nice lady. I think that she and Charles are having a wonderful family life these days.

:previous: She definitely appeared to be enjoying herself. Wonder if she gets a chance to be in the kitchen much when she's at home. In any case, I love that she's eager to be hands-on during her engagements.

Thank you Nico, I saw this in the Mail and Telegraph this morning.

I think its a great idea from Camilla. It celebrates the Queen's jubilee and gives valuable encouragement to school children to learn about British food and seasonality of various foods not to mention encouraging them with their cooking skills.

I'm looking forward to reading about the reception and the schools' experiences.

Yum, ploughman's tarts; sounds delicious. Nice to see Camilla out and about for a worthy and tasty cause!

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall attended several events in Swindon yesterday: she met staff and students
during the visit to the Nova Hreod College (see the article link above), she visited Prospect Hospice
and viewed the art collection and attended a reception at Swindon Museum and Art Gallery.

Here's a gallery of the other events:

** Camilla Duchess of Cornwall visits Swindon **

The Duchess of Cornwall attended several events in Swindon yesterday: she met staff and students
during the visit to the Nova Hreod College (see the article link above), she visited Prospect Hospice
and viewed the art collection and attended a reception at Swindon Museum and Art Gallery.

Here's a gallery of the other events:

** Camilla Duchess of Cornwall visits Swindon **

Very good to see Camilla out and about again after an extended Xmas break.

Last edited:
In the "Cook for The Queen" video: have I missed something before or is that a new ring on the small finger of Camilla's left hand? You can also see it in one of the pictures at the Emirates Stadium. This might not be the right place to ask, but since I spotted it in the video, I asked here. Anybody? Always looking for signs of romance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom