The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally new clothes! yay!

Actually this suit has been used in the past, including the famous lunch at the Berkeley hotel with Catherine and others before the wedding.

It is so nice to see her looking smart and simple in a lovely and elegant navy tarton outfit. Much, much better than some of the "over the top" oufits she usually wears. I do love the simple pearl earrings as opposed to the chunky "bling" that she sometimes comes up with. This is definitely a far better look for Camilla and I am sure her visit to the dog training centre was very much appreciated.

Last edited:
It is so nice to see her looking smart and simple in a lovely and elegant navy tarton outfit. Much, much better than some of the "over the top" oufits she usually wears. I do love the simple pearl earrings as opposed to the chunky "bling" that she sometimes comes up with. This is definitely a far better look for Camilla and I am sure her visit to the dog training centre was very much appreciated.

The pearl drop earrings that Camilla wore for her trip to Essex are the ones she usually wears. Not sure what "chanky bling" you are referring to - are you able to elucidate?

Actually this suit has been used in the past, including the famous lunch at the Berkeley hotel with Catherine and others before the wedding.

Oh was it? I thought it was a very similar outfit, but not the same.

edit: I just looked it up, and it really is just similar :) see, the colors aren't quite the same and the skirt is completely different

Last edited:
Oh was it? I thought it was a very similar outfit, but not the same.

edit: I just looked it up, and it really is just similar :) see, the colors aren't quite the same and the skirt is completely different

You are probably right, well spotted. :flowers:

:previous:Indeed. I thought that quite nice of the DoC.

Aww, she is such a lovely person :)

As the Brits say: Jolly well done, Camilla!

As the Brits say: Jolly well done, Camilla!

Well done indeed. Again, it's the little things that make the biggest difference. This lady was probably over the moon to receive such a package and to know that someone in such a high position took the time to do this.

Again, it's the little things that make the biggest difference.

Indeed -- "Do the little things" is a saying among the Welsh (attributed to their patron, St. David).

The Duchess of Cornwall has met children, families and staff at the Bessborough Centre and unveilled
a plaque to commemorate the opening of the new building, Bessborough Place, Westminster, London,
today, October 26.

Camilla with kids - always great to see! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

** Duchess opens revamped Pimlico centre **

:previous:Such rich colors on the Duchess. Lovely to see! Thanks Ice! :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall has met children, families and staff at the Bessborough Centre and unveilled
a plaque to commemorate the opening of the new building, Bessborough Place, Westminster, London,
today, October 26.

Camilla with kids - always great to see! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

** Duchess opens revamped Pimlico centre **

I really do love seeing grown ups getting down to the children's level and having fun. It's hard to tell who's enjoying themselves more; the children or the Duchess.

A busy day for Camilla as she attended her third engagement of the day. She attended a reception for the Lady Joseph Trust at the Cavalry and Guards Club in London yesterday.

gallery

Love the outfits from yesterday, especially the first, colorful one (the scarf is fantastic)! Camilla looks good in these colors.

I read in the Catherine Cambridge fashion thread, that Catherine attended yesterday a reception for a charity at Clarence House. Was Camilla there, too? Any pics?

I just found out that as Camilla was not at home, Catherine stepped in for the PoW who had to go to Saudi Arabia on short notice. Goes to show how accepted Catherine is at Clarence House: the first time she is the hostess there.

Last edited:
I read in the Catherine Cambridge fashion thread, that Catherine attended yesterday a reception for a charity at Clarence House. Was Camilla there, too? Any pics?

I just found out that as Camilla was not at home, Catherine stepped in for the PoW who had to go to Saudi Arabia on short notice. Goes to show how accepted Catherine is at Clarence House: the first time she is the hostess there.

Camilla herself was at another reception last night, her third engagement of the day. I posted details of the engagement and pictures from it on post 497 above.

She looks fabulous and has one heck of a schedule.

Can anyone identify the tartan? Looks something like "Pride of Scotland" but my old eyes can't tell for sure.
Kitty, I think you have just introduced me to a new hobby! I'm not a Scot, don't look good in plaids, and know only the Black Watch by sight, but I'm hooked. This site, in addition to showing a lot of different patterns, also has a little key to help identify the tartan:
House of Tartan: Search by Colour

I think you have to email them the code for the colors, but my computer and my eyes are a little wonky this evening, but tomorrow by daylight I may
tackle it anew. Camilla's suit is pretty; I like the little covered buttons.

Camillas style is flawless!

And there is more, she always seems so approachable, good natured and laid back. I cannot imagine anyone feeling uneasy around her.

Camillas style is flawless!

And there is more, she always seems so approachable, good natured and laid back. I cannot imagine anyone feeling uneasy around her.

She really does look like she'd be lovely to hang out with and she just looks so natural and comfortable with herself. I especially loved seeing her event earlier this week with the riding center... I'm a horsey girl, and I bet she'd be amazing to go horseback riding with :)

She looks like she'd be great chatting you up with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying a good story or two. I don't think anyone could feel self-conscious around Camilla, and if so, she'd be the first to put you at your ease. As it is, I love that third picture where she's tapping the cap of the little girl who has such an adorable expression on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom