The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did leave a tour once. The POW went on a tour of Japan, Brunei, and Indonesia. She skipped Indonesia. I read that it was on the advice of her doctor, because of the climate, and because of her stomach issues. She returned, and did not go sailing on a yacht, but did solo engagements.

It was never intended that she would go to Indonesia, it has been announced prior to the trip that the PoW would carry out the Indonesian leg of the trip on his own. IMO, that is perfectly fine, she does not have to accompany Charles for every tour he undertakes. If I recollect correctly, the actual reason why Camilla did not go to Indonesia was never announced, some of the reasons you have listed were speculation in the press. As you rightly point out, she did not go off on a yatch, but was present for Rememberance Sunday in London. This was shortly followed by the 60th brithday celebrations for the PoW.

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Covent Garden Academy of Flowers today,
March 23, 2011 in central London. She has met with students and had to make a
flower arrangement herself :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Camilla joins blossoming talents **

Camilla today also visited the Brookside Primary School to witness lessons in personal
finance education and to launch the My Money Week 2011 competition.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Wonderful to see Camilla at these engagements. This is what she does best: a steady stream of low-key engagements.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks good.
Is it me or did she have a hair cut?

Not sure about a possible haircut, I'm mainly paying attention to her recycled clothes ;)

Wonderful to see Camilla at these engagements. This is what she does best: a steady stream of low-key engagements.

So true :flowers: I've noticed we've missed a second event from yesterday:

Camilla hosted a reception to recognize the work of The Metropolitan Police
Specially Trained Sexual Offences Investigative Techniques (SOIT) Officers
at Clarence House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Hair cut

Turns out I was wrong about the hair cut. Her hair looks the same as it did on February, so if she had a hair cut it wasn't recent... :bang:

:previous:

I don't know about the hair but she certainly lose some weight. Looking good Milla !! ;)

I don't know about the hair but she certainly lose some weight. Looking good Milla !! ;)

You are right, she does appear to have lost some weight.

Well, that's to prove that she really had a stomach disease which forced her to pull out of a Royal engement recently.

And, after reading the above linked report, I'm happy that the Royals are happy with Kate.

:previous: Thanks for posting that link, Muriel.:flowers:

"She is funny, she is knowledgeable and she cheers people up wherever she goes." Nice sentiment. :)

:previous: Thanks for posting that link, Muriel.:flowers:

"She is funny, she is knowledgeable and she cheers people up wherever she goes." Nice sentiment. :)

It is so sad that for so many people they can't get past the failed marriage and the lies they were told about the reasons for that marriage failure and so blame Camilla to this day.

She comes across as warm and friendly and caring. She is the ideal wife for Charles and yet she is still vilified by many of the public, even when articles like this appear the nay-sayers get their two pence in in the comments section below the article.

The Charles/Diana/Camilla saga has NOTHING to do with Camilla's Current Events. As a result, those posts have been deleted.

Let's stay on topic.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaving Jo Hansford Hairdressers in London, 26 April, 2011.

Last edited:
She is looking good in Pic 3. I presume this was to get the hair coloured in advance of the wedding.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and her children with partners at the Locanda Locatelli
Restaurant in Mayfair, London, 26 April 2011.

Lovely pictures. The family, including Charles and William & Harry, have been photogaphed eating at Locanda Locatelli in the past. Its only a 10 min drive from CH.

Posts speculating about the personal lives of Camilla's children have been deleted.

wbenson
British Forums Moderator

I thinks its the final meal (at least in public) before the big day. I would think she would eat between the dinner here and Friday. Who makes up these headlines?

I thinks its the final meal (at least in public) before the big day. I would think she would eat between the dinner here and Friday. Who makes up these headlines?

That must be the creative genius of the DM staff!!

Gosh, I didn't read it that way at all. "final meal out..."

Love her scarf/shawl. I need to save up. I want Letizia's multi-colored shoes and Camilla's scarf.

Good ol Cams! Can't wait to see what kinda new tifter she dons for tomorrow. It's really lovely to see how much a part of the family she has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom