The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! Quite wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator:
The reading bus photos are just the cutest! Love the outfit, almost six years later it is still contemporary...now that's a classic.

I've always considered Camilla an attractive woman, but I wish she would change her hairstyle. It's over-processed, and those heavy bangs right in her eyes detract from her overall appearance, imo.

It's a worthwhile event. I don't know how many young people have no clue how to cook these days, however it seems the number is unfortunately, growing.

Let's conveniently forget that Tony Blair made it clear in Parliament shortly before the wedding that she would be Queen.

The comment could also be taken that 'we will see' because she may not actually be alive at the time.

The article was written by Richard Kay - Diana's favourite writer - who would love nothing more than to continue Diana's campaign to destroy Charles.

The article was written by Richard Kay - Diana's favourite writer - who would love nothing more than to continue Diana's campaign to destroy Charles.

I could tell exactly where this article was headed as soon as Kay identified Camilla as "the former Mrs. Parker-Bowles". I give absolutely no credence to anything he's written in the article.

Richard Kay is truly insufferable. I consider his work to generally be more satire than anything credible.

At least and last Kay is acknowledging positive things about Camilla, even her "laziness" is explained in a good way, so that even the "average" readers of the DM can feel for her.

And of course it's not a "plot" to make Camilla queen but the law. If both she and Charles live at the day the Queen dies, she will be Charles' queen consort. It would need a "plot" (aka change of the law) for her not to become queen.

:previous: Richard Kay has never been one to let the truth get in the way of getting more publicity and making more money whilst crying crocodile tears about the late Diana Princess of Wales!

I just read that article by Richard Kay, and all I can say is what a one sided man he is with "two divorcees whose adultery ruined the life of Princess Diana" I guess he seems to forget Diana was not faithful herself, although later in the marriage as opposed to C&C being early on. Still, I would not say I'm more a Camilla fan then a Diana fan, but we have to recognize that Diana had her faults and that article is just plain rude and ignorant. I for one love the Idea of Queen Camilla, and if the Brits don't want her as queen they can send her here, I don't mind! :D

I just read that article by Richard Kay, and all I can say is what a one sided man he is with "two divorcees whose adultery ruined the life of Princess Diana" I guess he seems to forget Diana was not faithful herself, although later in the marriage as opposed to C&C being early on. Still, I would not say I'm more a Camilla fan then a Diana fan, but we have to recognize that Diana had her faults and that article is just plain rude and ignorant. I for one love the Idea of Queen Camilla, and if the Brits don't want her as queen they can send her here, I don't mind! :D

Diana herself dates Charles' affair with Camilla to 1986 - the same year she started her affair with James Hewitt - so hardly a difference between early and late in the marriage but rather they both started cheating on each other in the same year.

:previous: Succinctly said and I think William and Kate have put a period to the whole nasty competition thing. They have declared their wedding an acid free zone and their choice of attendants is the final nail in the sniping coffin. :D

:previous: Succinctly said and I think William and Kate have put a period to the whole nasty competition thing. They have declared their wedding an acid free zone and their choice of attendants is the final nail in the sniping coffin. :D

We can hope but unfortunately some will continue to snipe and bring up their preferred version of events even though the two at the heart of things disagree.

All I can say in response to Richard kay's article is that:

a) As the wife of the King, Camilla will be Queen. There is no surrepticious plot here, it is merely the law of the land
b) There is little point in speculating on who was responsible for the breakdown of the marriage of Charles and Diana. Clearly, they both had a role to play!
c) That Camilla's grand daughter is part of the wedding party is a testament to her relationship with William
d) Camilla and Kate seemed very happy when they met for lunch last week - something that would not have happened without the sanction of William!
e) Richard and the DM, stop being pathetic. Move on, find a new cause!!!

d) William sanctions with whom Kate lunches? Maybe she does "know who he is." LOLOL

d) William sanctions with whom Kate lunches? Maybe she does "know who he is." LOLOL

I suspect he has indeed "sanctioned" her eating lunch with his step-mother. Quite normai, IMO.

I would suggest that if he had a problem with Kate being seen publicly with Camilla at a private lunch he would have made it clear to Kate so we can safely assume that William approves of Kate having lunch with Camilla and therefore that he is happy to have Camilla give his future wife advice, suggestions and tips.

Let's get back on topic...there is no need to rehash the Charles/Diana affairs in the Current Events thread of the Duchess of Cornwall.

Lovely pictures. Camilla seems to have been out and about a fair bit recently - she just needs to keep the momentum up consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom