The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Duchess' outfit.:flowers:

It is nice to learn that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and her family like to read books. I love to read books, especially on royalty.

I enjoyed that video very much. Thanks, Nico. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall today, December 3rd, visited Corsham Regis Primary
School, Corsham. According to the article below she told the children

"I hope you have a very nice Christmas and I hope Father Christmas brings you
everything you ask for."

But it's even cuter what the headteacher said after the children had sung for
Camilla

"You did it again you brought a tear to my eye, its terribly naughty."

That's really nice :):)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** Duchess gets festive welcome in Corsham **

I have to confess that, until "The Engagement" threads went live, I haven't really read the DOC thread(s).

Now I think I have to eat humble pie - DOC seems one of the hardest-working Royals !! Or am I seeing it wrongly?

@ ice- love what the headteacher said! LOL
But on a serious note it would be an honor, and you would be proud that the children did so well for the DOC.

@ ice- love what the headteacher said! LOL
But on a serious note it would be an honor, and you would be proud that the children did so well for the DOC.

She really does seem to have a natural rapport with children doesn't she?

Hey guys-
There are some really good photos of the DOC in the gallery of the offical BRF, from a few days ago when she hosted a Xmas tea for the children of Helen and Douglas House child hospice at CH. I would post them but do not have a clue how to do so! That woman is a natural with kids!

Hey guys-
There are some really good photos of the DOC in the gallery of the offical BRF, from a few days ago when she hosted a Xmas tea for the children of Helen and Douglas House child hospice at CH. I would post them but do not have a clue how to do so! That woman is a natural with kids!

Are these the pictures?
Gallery
:)

Fabulous! Thanks Ice! :flowers:
Looks to me that TDoC has bounced back after the riots. Bully for her!

Wonderful photos. Thank you ladies.:flowers: The Duchess looks wonderful.

Camilla recycles clothes?

In those pictures I think I recognize the skirt from another engagement. It would be cool if Camilla really does just have a closet of clothes that she chooses with no thought of having to always have a new outfit 'for the cameras'.

In those pictures I think I recognize the skirt from another engagement. It would be cool if Camilla really does just have a closet of clothes that she chooses with no thought of having to always have a new outfit 'for the cameras'.

Camilla (as do a lot of other royals) very often recycle their clothes on multiple occassions. Camilla has probably used the dress she got married to Charles in on 3-4 occassions since the wedding.

Camilla's one-day Christmas with Charles: Duchess of Cornwall to spend rest of holiday with her own family away from the Royals | Mail Online

The Duchess of Cornwall will spend just one day with Prince Charles and the rest of the Royal family over the festive season.

Camilla will spend Christmas Day with Charles at Sandringham in Norfolk before joining her own family at her Wiltshire home, Ray Mill House, on Boxing Day.

Her decision follows rumours that the couple are spending more time apart as the shine has come off their relationship.

:previous:
Let's conveniently forget the fact that she does this every year and has done so since the start of the marriage - typical DM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great arrangement to me. Why should she have to spend more than one day with the in-laws at Christmas? Most other families don't have to do that, especially blended families like theirs. Maybe she finds some of them tiresome and difficult to bear. Maybe some of them aren't nice to her. She has her children and grandchildren and will naturally want to be able to spend this time with them, and in the more relaxed atmosphere of her own house. The extended Christmas gathering is a tradition in that family but William has already indicated he won't be adhering to it. DM can't help itself.

And the DM thinks that the POW and the DOC of all people after waiting so long to get married are no longer happy being married, Come on! She does this every year for crying out loud! The people at the DM must write with their head in the clouds. That is how/why they get their " facts" so wrong!
LOL

Headline of article: DOC to spend one day with the Royals over Christmas ( paraphrasing here), the way the headline reads it sounds like the DOC is separate from the Royals! And yet she is married to the future King! LOL! All she wants to do is spend Xmas with her children and their families. Not newsworthy, and not a national crisis either except for folks at the DM.
And of course at the end CH has to state the obvious. LOL.

Sounds like a rather sane arrangement to me.
We have four different families to keep happy over Christmas - it's Hell!!:lol:

I'm glad to see her looking so well, too.

Camilla has children and grandchildren who won't be invited over to Sandringham for Christmas, so she's going to them! Frankly, every woman I know who has young grandchildren will drop everything to go see them. My family had Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday before Thanksgiving to accommodate our hostess, who was flying out of town to spend the holiday with her newborn grandson.

This is perfectly normal for any blended family, but the Daily Mail has to find a way to sell papers with some nonsense.

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Children's Reading Bus at King's College,
University of Aberdeen, where she met children and staff involved with this reading
skills project on January 20, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

previous.gif
The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Children's Reading Bus, at King's College, University of Aberdeen. January 20, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

I love the little tartan detail on her collar and scarf! Perfect for a visit to Aberdeen.

I love the little tartan detail on her collar and scarf! Perfect for a visit to Aberdeen.
Especially with the little peek of a her signature triple strings of pearls and her (and my) favourite pearl earrings. :flowers:

** Pic 1 **

She looks like she has the dalmation sorted and looks slightly bemused by the kids dressed up as one. All in all she looks like she is having a ball!

** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I do love the colors in the family tartan. Charles looks so wonderful in his kilt. I find it touching that the Duchess often wears the tartan when she's in Scotland.
Camilla's grandchildren are so very lucky. She really seems to be at home and has a blast whenever she is around children. Very endearing I think.

I really like what she is wearing in general and here, the Tartan is such a nice detail. Camillas style always seems so effortless and classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom