The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with improving one's looks. Camilla and I are the same age and if I weren't the most beautiful thing in Atlanta, I'd get some botox too!!! C'mon, she's been a sportswoman all her life and if she weren't a little "worse for wear" it would be unusual. I think she's a wonder.

There is nothing wrong with improving one's looks. Camilla and I are the same age and if I weren't the most beautiful thing in Atlanta, I'd get some botox too!!! C'mon, she's been a sportswoman all her life and if she weren't a little "worse for wear" it would be unusual. I think she's a wonder.

Being just a few years younger than Camilla and of course the most bodacious mountain mamma in West Virginia, I agree with you. I just don't think that looking good is all in the treatments, the botox, the facials, the endless hours of hairdressing. And no matter how much I stand out in the rain... I don't grow either. (I'm 5'1). For being 63, Camilla I think looks awesome. Now if she was to go the Cher route I would be most likely think she hurt more than her ankle when she fell in that rabbit hole. :whistling:

My Goodness!!! She was born to the job. Saw her on TV last night and she has a great voice.

I've heard a little bit about that bee treatment and if it works for her.. I'd sure give it a try. Its probably very expensive though. Think I'll stick with my Oil of Ol' Lady :D

I think I read in an article that the treatment cream is the equiv. of USD104. Not bad for such a pleasing result. I need to write it down in my "might need" book for future reference.

Very good to see Camilla out and about after quite a long absence from engagements.

Quite a long absence? Her previous engagement to this one was barely 2 weeks ago on August 15th at the 65th anniversary of the end of the war in the Pacific. After the commemoration there was also a reception. Prior to that she had engagements in the last week of July along with Charles when other members of the Royal Family were on the cruise around the Western Isles. I wouldn't say it was a long absence, the Queen went on holidays earlier and isn't due to carry out engagements until the end of September.

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited the National Literacy Trust at Trowbridge
Library, Wiltshire, where she helped to celebrate the International Literacy Day,
September 8, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

"She sat down for Rhymetime with the children and joined in with songs and nursery rhymes,
including Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Incy Wincy Spider.
She then read Hairy Maclary to the children."

from This is Wiltshire.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful!

"She sat down for Rhymetime with the children and joined in with songs and nursery rhymes,
including Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Incy Wincy Spider.
She then read Hairy Maclary to the children."

from This is Wiltshire.co.uk

Thanks a lot for adding that, Warren! :flowers: Camilla is surely great in
many of her task fields, but I still like her best with children.

Yesterday she also attended an event related with children:

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meets disabled kids at the Chailey Heritage
School in East Sussex, September 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

SOLVED: The riddle of Camilla's fall, her broken leg...and two 'very nice ladies' | Mail Online

It is a mystery that has set tongues wagging around the Duchess of Cornwall for months. When Camilla fell and broke her leg on a Highland walk, who were the two ‘very nice ladies’ who apparently rescued her, took her to hospital, did not breathe a word to the Press – and were rewarded with a case of champagne?
Now The Mail on Sunday has uncovered the truth of the drama – and the identity of the real, unsung hero.
Royal sources initially claimed Camilla was rescued by a police protection officer when she fell in April.

Then, in an article published in Vanity Fair magazine last week, journalist Bob Colacello said he sat next to Camilla at a dinner at St James’s Palace. When another guest asked her about the fall, Camilla said she was helped by ‘two very nice ladies’, adding: ‘They took one look at me in this hole and said, “Oh, it’s you”.
‘They were so kind. They took me to a hospital and stayed with me the whole time – and not one word to the Press! I was so grateful I sent each of them a case of champagne.’

Animals and children, as always the best..:)

Besides two patronage-related events the Duchess of Cornwall today also
visited Medway Aircraft Preservation Society based at Rochester Airport,
Kent. On pic 1 she was joined by staff to watch a Spitfire flypas.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Camilla pours her heart out .¿.¿.¿to a WAG | Mail Online

Since their marriage was a sham for years, most people assumed the divorce between the former Camilla Parker Bowles and her first husband, *Brigadier Andrew Parker *Bowles, was relatively painless for her.

But in an extraordinary *conversation this week at a *champagne reception in London, the Duchess of Cornwall has revealed that their parting was enormously stressful and caused her to comfort eat.

Well that was nice of the WAG, well ex WAG, to tell her story to the press.

Reading the article, you can hardly believe the title "Camilla pours her heart out....." bears any resemblance to the story. Classic DM trash!!

:previous:

That's i call discretion :bang: (well it's from a WAG after all).
That's i call a silly article :bang: (well it's from Richard Kay after all).

Enough said...

It's just the media exaggerating the story, as usual. I bet the DOC and Lizzy Cundy simply exchanged a few words... and they of course sensationalize it with words like WAS and phrases like "pours her heart out"

That's the British press pack for you .... but it's consoling to know that the press in other countries are even worse :)

It's just the media exaggerating the story, as usual. I bet the DOC and Lizzy Cundy simply exchanged a few words... and they of course sensationalize it with words like WAS and phrases like "pours her heart out"
Well, it's often the case that the sub-editors create misleading headlines whereas the content of the story still has resonance and the journalist does reveal something about or offer insight into the personal character of the main subject. This is actually a positive article and the DOC comes out of it well.
Since most of us will never have the opportunity for a one-on-one, it's interesting to read how others find her.

Some quotes from the Mail online article:

Liz, who has just been left by her husband after 16 years and two children, tells me: ‘I was astonished the Duchess was so wonderfully forthright with me. She came up to me and said: “I am so sorry about your marriage break-up. I have been reading about you.”

‘She then went on to say how personal relationships, trauma and difficulties often affect women’s weight, especially after divorce. She said this was exactly what had happened to her.’

‘We were talking for about half-an-hour. She seemed to know all about me. I was very honoured. She was very open about how her divorce made her unhappy. ‘I have been distraught over my husband leaving me and her kind words made me feel that I am not alone in this.’

The Duchess of Cornwall as Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Leeming, presented
100 Squadron with a new standard and met families of deployed personnel,
RAF Leeming, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, today, November 2nd, 2010.

Looks a bit strange to see Camilla in front of that poster on the podium.

I suspect that somewhere along the line Princess Alexandra has expressed a desire to start thinking about cutting back her patronages and, of course, Richard Kay turns this into one of his anti-Camilla rants.

A non-story.

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment,
Hyde Park Barracks, Kensington Road, Knightsbridge, London, today, November
4, 2010. During the visit the traditional helmets and backplates of the Household
Cavalry regiment were shown to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom