The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I'm sure Camilla worries about flying every time she flies. When she 1st lands on her each of her trips she always looks sick but a few days later she is her perky self.

She probably suffers from motion sickness and a fear of flying. (Her grandmother also suffered from motion sickness.)

Because Charles only believes in natural cures, she can't take prescription medicine and just endures the pain.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Because Charles only believes in natural cures, she can't take prescription medicine and just endures the pain.
Can he dictate such a thing to her? I thought he might have learned a lesson or two about women. Besides, isn't the existence of the house in Wiltshire evidence that she has a mind of her own?

Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Doubt he could or would. Prince Charles is also against smoking, yet his wife and sons do smoke.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I am quite sure that should doctors prescribe medication for Camilla, Charles would be wise enough to realize that they are necessary. Charles does beleve in and endorse homeopathic and natural remedies but there are certain times and situations where drugs are necessary. I don't think he'd ever impinge on another's choice in medications.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am quite sure that should doctors prescribe medication for Camilla, Charles would be wise enough to realize that they are necessary. Charles does beleve in and endorse homeopathic and natural remedies but there are certain times and situations where drugs are necessary. I don't think he'd ever impinge on another's choice in medications.
His mother, and a lot of other people, also believes in homeopathic and natural remedies but that hasn't stopped her or other members of the family seeking the services of an MD when necessary.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

CAMILLA AND STRICTLY’S KIMBERLEY WALSH ON PUPPY PATROL:
Camilla and Strictly’s Kimberley Walsh on puppy patrol | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's a dog's life! Duchess of Cornwall and Kimberley Walsh meet adorable guide dogs at Clarence House
Quote:
It was puppy love for the Duchess of Cornwall and pop star dancer Kimberley Walsh as they met a group of adorable trainee guide dogs today. The Girls Aloud singer, currently starring in BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing, met Camilla at Clarence House, the Prince of Wales’s official London residence, to unveil one of the country’s most remarkable volunteers.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, this just screams All Creatures Great and Small to me!
Siegfried Farnon ( senior vet) would be in heaven- no matter if he said so or not! So would Robert Hardy, who portrayed Siegfried on the show...
I love that Camilla is such an animal lover!
And I'm impressed that with all those dogs there was not an accident on the Royal carpet( which Camilla and her staff are pleased about too I am sure!)
Old 10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think one thing that we can rest assured of is that when the time comes and Camilla is Queen Consort, there'll be well cared for royal pooches around. I'm sure that is an assurance for HM to know. They're both such kindred spirits when it comes to animals.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Oh, this just screams All Creatures Great and Small to me!
...I love that Camilla is such an animal lover!)
I agree completely here. Camila, like some other royals and people we know has a big heart, and animals sense it and are drawn to it. I love seeing her playing with the dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think one thing that we can rest assured of is that when the time comes and Camilla is Queen Consort, there'll be well cared for royal pooches around. I'm sure that is an assurance for HM to know. They're both such kindred spirits when it comes to animals.
That is only too true .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Today, October 19, the Duchess of Cornwall has visited Marlborough Town Hall where she unveiled a mosaic to celebrate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee and undertook a tour of the Hall including the newly refurbished exhibition area.

As a special surprise Camilla's cute little twin grandsons, Gus and Louis, came to the town hall as well

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio gallery: Duchess of Cornwall Visits Marlborough **

** thisiswiltshire.co.uk: Duchess drops in to Marlborough to unveil mosaic **

** heart.co.uk gallery: Duchess of Cornwall in Marlborough **

** bbc.co.uk video: Duchess of Cornwall visits Marlborough in Wiltshire **
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

So nice to see the Duchess back to work !
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks so much for the pictures, iceflower!
Gus and Louis are adorable boys, and I had a cuteness overload at the sight of this picture: Camilla in grandmother mode.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice of the two children to kiss Camilla. You can see that happen in the BBC News Video.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Very nice of the two children to kiss Camilla. You can see that happen in the BBC News Video.
Well, she is their grandmother after all: I guess they are pretty used to getting kisses from the future Queen of the United Kingdom.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

LOL, I didn't pay attention to the fact that the kids are her grandchildren.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
Thanks so much for the pictures, iceflower!
Gus and Louis are adorable boys, and I had a cuteness overload at the sight of this picture: Camilla in grandmother mode.
They're very cute indeed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Precious!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Gentry

Those are some of the most adorable photos I've ever seen! I love seeing Camilla as grandma. :)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attended "A Hard Calling-Reporting from the Frontline", a service commemorating news gatherers who have died in the conflicts of the 21st century, at St Brides Church, on October 22, 2012 in London, United Kingdom.

- The Duchess is greeted by The Rector, The Venerable David Meara
- The Duchess unveils a memorial page to Marie Colvin
- The Duchess during the memorial service

- Camilla speaks with journalist Paul Conroy who was with the late Marie Colvin in Syria
- Camilla talking to the guests, including journalist Lindsay Hilson

- A memorial page to Marie Colvin
- General view of the service

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall