The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?

I personally love Camilla and my family does too however, people who only know of Diana and don't know the full story are very quick to abuse the Duchess. Its not anger at Camilla, it's ignorance plus sheer rudeness.

That was very nice of Camilla to go out and mingle with the people.

Thought the article was nice, but am a bit shocked by the vicious comments... are people in GB still angry at Camilla?

Its a small group of people whom always comment by using different names to make you think it's different people...they are even on other royal forums and always comment on the Duchess's articles like that... look at William and Kate's articles at DM, the same thing, always vicious comments about Kate.

That was very nice of Camilla to go out and mingle with the people.

I really think Camilla is coming into her own. Even during the Jubilee celebrations, she's been seen with Charles walking among the crowds just soaking up the flavor of the day. She really seems to enjoy spontaneity and should she be recognized, enjoy talking with the people she meets. I don't think she aimed to have her orange hat purchase made public but I thought it was kind of cool that she got into the mood of the day and bought one. :D

The highest rated comments were all positive and the vicious comments were red arrow by hundreds of people. I have to agree with the previous poster this happens every single article about Camilla. Most of the negative posts are by the same people.

Her clothes were nice, but not as flattering as some I've seen her wear in the past. Its a shame. Great event for her though. I think she did well over there :)

That's lovely. I get the impression Camilla is just a really down to earth, decent woman. I bet she'd be easy to talk to.

Nice article. Negative comments are made by the crazies. They are so bad they are funny.

Its a small group of people whom always comment by using different names to make you think it's different people

I once had someone create 30+ different YouTube accounts (which would require 30+ different email addresses, etc.) in order to post crude comments on a video I uploaded where Camilla was visible for just a few seconds.

Many of those comments aren't even made by citizens of the UK and many of them also post over and over again the same rubbish on websites etc.

One who posts there posts on other fora, and if she ever turned up here I would be gone in a flash - but her vitriol towards Camilla is suggestive of something wrong in her life that she hasn't gotten over the fact that Diana married the wrong man for her, was cheated on, cheated herself, separated, divorced and died and it all happened nearly a generation ago.

I once had someone create 30+ different YouTube accounts (which would require 30+ different email addresses, etc.) in order to post crude comments on a video I uploaded where Camilla was visible for just a few seconds.

Now that is sad.

Thank you very much for the link to the Mail articles. I think she looked lovely at both events in Amsterdam.

I particularly liked the article about her wandering around Amsterdam just soaking up the atmosphere. I reminds me of her going out to meet the crowds outside of Clarence House the night before William's wedding. She seems to get as much enjoyment from other peoples pleasure as she does from being part of the event.

I wonder who will get the orange hat for christmas?:flowers:

I think it's a good way of showing how everyone can just enjoy the party and have fun. People always talk about William and Catherine as the future of the monarchy but I wouldn't write Charles and Camilla off just yet.

When you see comments, dont just see the ones on first page.
Go to best-rated and worst-rated and number of green/red arrows. They will give you a more clearer picture.
And for this article, you will find that public response is far more in favour of Camilla, than against.
And as for the vily comments, these are nothing compared to the ones on many Youtube videos.

When you see comments, dont just see the ones on first page.
Go to best-rated and worst-rated and number of green/red arrows. They will give you a more clearer picture.
And for this article, you will find that public response is far more in favour of Camilla, than against.
And as for the vily comments, these are nothing compared to the ones on many Youtube videos.

Thank you all for the clarification on the comments! I quite like Camilla and I think P.Charles and she are a really good couple :flowers:

The comments on those YouTube videos are all the same basically. I hardly think a few trolls would worry Camilla anyway.

:previous: "Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall" ?!? :bang: Or is is The Duchess of Cornwall? I'm fairly pedantic by nature but even I have trouble keeping up with who gets a capital "T" in their "the". I need to revise.

If she is to be described in this manner, surely it should be "Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor, the (or The) Duchess of Cornwall."

Last edited:
:previous: "Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall" ?!? :bang: Or is is The Duchess of Cornwall? I'm fairly pedantic by nature but even I have trouble keeping up with who gets a capital "T" in their "the". I need to revise.

If she is to be described in this manner, surely it should be "Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor, the (or The) Duchess of Cornwall."

I believe it should simply be The Duchess of Cornwall. No need for surnames (or forenames).

I believe the "The" refers to the monarch, the monarch's children, and their consorts, but does not descend to the monarch's grandchildren or their consorts.

Thus, Charles is The Prince of Wales and Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall while William and Catherine are only the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I believe the "The" refers to the monarch, the monarch's children, and their consorts, but does not descend to the monarch's grandchildren or their consorts.

Thus, Charles is The Prince of Wales and Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall while William and Catherine are only the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

I just went to the Official Monarchy site to check how it's written there, and though they do refer to Camilla as The Duchess of Cornwall, they also refer to Catherine as The Duchess of Cambridge. Mind you, they also note that Charles is the Earl of Chester and Camilla is The Duchess of Chester. So I'm afraid that the Official site is not a reliable source as far as those things go.

The way I kind of see it is that she could be called any of the following:
- Camilla, The Duchess of of Cornwall
- Mrs. Charles Mountbatten-Windsor
- Mrs. Charles Wales
- Mrs. Charles Cornwall
- Ms. Camilla Parker Bowles
- Ms. Camilla Shand

The surnames should not be mixed with the title, and the most accurate name to use is Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall as it is the name that she's expressed a desire to be known as.

I just went to the Official Monarchy site to check how it's written there, and though they do refer to Camilla as The Duchess of Cornwall, they also refer to Catherine as The Duchess of Cambridge. Mind you, they also note that Charles is the Earl of Chester and Camilla is The Duchess of Chester. So I'm afraid that the Official site is not a reliable source as far as those things go.

Hahah, of course. Wikipedia refers to the whole lot as "The" if they have a title beyond "Prince" or "Princess." I'm almost remote to email the official site to get an official response.

I hope you've noticed that it's not been my choice to call her that way, but the need to quote the given caption correctly. Citation rules come first :)

On May 14 the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew and saw the exhibition "Rory McEwen The Colours of Reality" in The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art. The exhibition celebrates the varied work of the late Scottish artist and musician and includes pieces not seen since 1988.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** The Duchess of Cornwall visits the Rory McEwen art exhibition **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom