The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Aha, so the plot thickens. I had always heard there were two brooches, so which story is correct, I wonder? Nevertheless, this brooch wasn't Diana's personal property but that of the Crown, so the current Princess of Wales has the right to wear it. It's just that something Diana wore is interpreted by the press to have been confiscated by Camilla. Muddying the waters, indeed.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

hope the horse & jockey that took a tumble yesterday are okay- Camilla & Zara looked aghast in pictures, surely it was quite shocking.

Regarding th PoW brooch, I prefer it worn as a pendant.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Gentry

@ClarenceHouse The Duchess greets pupils from St. Peter's Eaton Square School - they asked her to be Patron of @TheBigLunch! yfrog.com/0kzz3zj

@ClarenceHouse The Duchess said 'yes' to being Patron of #DiamondJubilee @TheBigLunch and joined the kids for cupcakes & squash http://yfrog.com/0x4z1dj
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Just seen on another board that The Royal Collections confirmed that there's , in fact, only ONE brooch, part of the famous emerald set avaiable for the Princess of Wales in title.
If this is so, then the wearing of the brooch might be part of a well-planned modus operandi to show Camilla more and more as Charles' rightful wife, as Princess of Wales and future queen. The time has now come when there must be plans on work to make the switch from HM to Charles as easy as possible. My guess is that after the shock of the DoE's health problems last christmas it is now even HM's wish to proceed.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
If this is so, then the wearing of the brooch might be part of a well-planned modus operandi to show Camilla more and more as Charles' rightful wife, as Princess of Wales and future queen. The time has now come when there must be plans on work to make the switch from HM to Charles as easy as possible. My guess is that after the shock of the DoE's health problems last christmas it is now even HM's wish to proceed.
I agree with you. I think the time has probably come for Camilla to no longer be shy of her position as the Princess of Wales, and a future Queen. The sooner we all get used to it, the better it will be. She has demonstrated that she can be a diligent and strong member of the royal family.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisianna View Post
Can't see the whole of the outfit but I like what I can see of her coat/dress. It looks like a flattering line - I like the collar. Brooch is set off nicely. Not a fussy dress. Simplicity rules!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You can see a more complete look in this picture.
I like the colour, but not so sure about the dress itself, at least not when Camilla is sitting. When she's standing, the dress looks quite pretty.

Six children from St Peter’s Primary School - Amie Sott, Charlie Aslet, Sienna Pascal, Natalie Stott, Conrad Brant and Charlie Duncan - visited Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall on March 15. They talked with the Duchess about their Big Jubilee Lunch and helped themselves to come cupcakes before asking her to become a patron of the event. The Duchess accepted the patronage.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla has worn this brooch before. She has also worn another Prince of Wales feathers brooch - the one she wore for her wedding for instance.

There are a number of Prince of Wales feathers brooches so I don't know why they are saying only one - maybe only one with the emerald attached. This is a link to her wedding outfit where she is wearing a Prince of Wales feathers brooch but not the same one she wore to Cheltenham. Camilla recycles wedding dress two years after big day | Mail Online

I much prefer the way Camilla wears it to how Diana wore it.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I enjoyed the way Diana wore it myself. It was different and suited her style well.

At the end of the day, such jewellery is initially comissioned with the expectation that it shall be passed down and worn by various people. It was not the personal property of Diana, rather, was at her disposal as Princess of Wales.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Warning: mega cute video !

The Duchess of Cornwall becomes Patron of the Big Jubilee Lunch - YouTube
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree with you. I think the time has probably come for Camilla to no longer be shy of her position as the Princess of Wales, and a future Queen. The sooner we all get used to it, the better it will be. She has demonstrated that she can be a diligent and strong member of the royal family.
I also agree. I think this is one of the few times, if ever, that Camilla's worn this piece and it is definitely a statement that she is the Princess of Wales and will eventually step into the role of Queen Consort that cannot be denied her. She's paid her dues, and now it's time to reap the "reward." Wearing this brooch sends a clear message, I feel.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

She has worn this brooch before, in 2006, and the DM basically wrote exactly the same thing then. Camilla steps out in diamond brooch Diana used to wear | Mail Online
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
That is a cute video. She's such a friendly and easy-going person. She seemed to enjoy that cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She has worn this brooch before, in 2006, and the DM basically wrote exactly the same thing then. Camilla steps out in diamond brooch Diana used to wear | Mail Online
That is a very pretty piece of jewelry. From what I can tell, Camila wears it quite well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Even if it is the same piece, I think it is a good idea for Camilla to be wearing it. Enough time has passed. The more she wears the brooch, the less controversial her doing so will become. People will get used to it and accept it as being a piece to be worn by the Princess of Wales rather than being Diana's.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Rather OT but to be perfectly honest and objective about the subject, the existence of a second brooch seems still highly debated. Just seen on another board that The Royal Collections confirmed that there's , in fact, only ONE brooch, part of the famous emerald set avaiable for the Princess of Wales in title.

So Diana's and Camilla's brooch MIGHT be the same ( loaned by the Crown of course, not a personnal property).

It would be a very interesting subject if it was not regulary hijacked for some well known bashing...
OK, if there is only one brooch at it has been confirmed, in writing, with one of the posters on RJOTW, I would love to see that confirmation. It is not a lot to ask and in fact makes one wonder why someone from The Royal Collection has not clarified this before now.

As to the brooch (either), Camilla has worn it before with the same rubbish spat out from the Mail. But I am more interested in the "emerald set" you mention. Can you tell me what it comprises?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

Its consists of a brooch, pendant and earrings, all wedding gifts from the Ladies of North Wales to the then princess Alexandra.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Queen Alexandra wedding gifts

Camilla wore all of these emerald items (if the pendant is indeed the same).

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Pre Opera

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The David Parry

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Film
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Its consists of a brooch, pendant and earrings, all wedding gifts from the Ladies of North Wales to the then princess Alexandra.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Queen Alexandra wedding gifts

Camilla wore all of these emerald items (if the pendant is indeed the same).

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Pre Opera

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The David Parry

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Film
Thank you for the pictures, Nico . These jewels look stunning against the green velvet of her dress.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think this is the first time I've actually heard Camilla's voice, very deep and melodious. That was a cute occasion, although I doubt the Duchess usually answers the door to Clarence House (but, you never know!), so she was obviously prepared for her visitors with the Union Jack faces bearing cupcakes. And I also liked that she opened the door to the children; how welcoming. You can tell she's a pro interacting with children with her easy manner.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Youngsters dish up patriotic cupcakes for Camilla
Youngsters dish up patriotic cupcakes for Camilla - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I think this is the first time I've actually heard Camilla's voice, very deep and melodious. That was a cute occasion, although I doubt the Duchess usually answers the door to Clarence House (but, you never know!), so she was obviously prepared for her visitors with the Union Jack faces bearing cupcakes. And I also liked that she opened the door to the children; how welcoming. You can tell she's a pro interacting with children with her easy manner.
I loved the fact that it was her who opened the door, and not a butler. Wonder if the kids knew it was going to happen like that, because they went into their presentation mode right away. Watching Camila interact with children is such joy. She's very natural and it comes across very, very well.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall