The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla's latest crisis was triggered when she learned Queen Elizabeth will formally bypass Charles and make William the heir to the throne later this year.
Ahh, thank you for digging up the actual article.
It seems I had over-estimated the Globe's hacks constitutional illiteracy.

They aren't claiming that William is the new King of England as a direct result of Camilla's attempted suicide by bone fracture (she should really lay off the booze, it seems :lol:).
I stand corrected.

I have to say here too that Camilla really does have a lot of spunk to her.

A few years ago I was tripped up by a tornado in a puppy suit and ended up breaking my ankle and like Camilla, was told to keep weight off it and leave the cast be... no scratchin :) I know at that time would I have been in her shoes.. err cast.. I'd probably not commit to doing public engagements.

I like that expression - tornado in a puppy suit. That is the best description of my puppy (and his late older brother who caused the problem) that I have ever seen.:lol:

Having just come home from hospital after a knee reconstruction resulting from a similar accident - tornado in a puppy suit - I can empathise with you and Camilla.

Back to work!

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is pushed along in her wheelchair
during an event at Clarence House in central London on April 21,
2010. The Duchess hosted the reception to thank supporters of
the Ebony Horse Club, a charity that helps to improve the life skills,
education and attainment of some of the most disadvantaged
children and young people growing up in Brixton, South London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

How wonderful, even in injury she still wants to work. :)

Camilla is looking cheerful. Good to see her at work

Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful, even in injury she still wants to work. :)

It seems she even surprised the Royal House with her attendance
today, it wasn't listed at all in the official calendar of events..:)

I'm very sorry that she got another injury, but this hindsight..

If I do see anyone in plaster from now on I will go and help. I know how frustrating it is now.
... comes a bit late in her life ;) (see the dailymail article above)

Another gallery without watermarks: ** zimbio gallery **

I think Camilla should be undertaking whatever duties she can while her leg heals. She's getting the best of care and I'm guessing she's fairly comfortable sitting down in that wheelchair being pushed around. It's a nuisance of course, but we all have to do things that are a nuisance, and she's not in agony so she should what she can. I think she is doing the right thing, so should get a tick in the "fulfilling her duties" box, but she's not doing something outstanding that she should get a standing ovation for.

My vet tech nephew (large animal husbandry) came out with this:

"So, two injuries in short order? Look, at this point, you can't breed her, you can't show her, and she's not large enough to protect person or property. I know what we'd do."

A tad on the tart side, but Lord, I laughed.

The Duchess is going to look back on 2010 as a year of irritating injuries. First, her back, a broken leg and a then sprained her arm. If she stays positive and I thing she is, she will be grateful that all the injuries will cure in a few weeks. :);):)

My vet tech nephew (large animal husbandry) came out with this:

"So, two injuries in short order? Look, at this point, you can't breed her, you can't show her, and she's not large enough to protect person or property. I know what we'd do."

A tad on the tart side, but Lord, I laughed.
Well thank God they are not thinking of "putting her down" with said injuries!:eek:

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, at the Polish Social and Cultural Association
after signing the book of condolence following the recent death of Polish
President Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria, on April 22, 2010 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages gallery **

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, speaks at the launch of British
Food Fortnight 2010 on April 22, 2010 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages gallery **

BBC News - Duchess of Cornwall champions British produce

The Duchess of Cornwall has championed "woefully under-rated" British produce and criticised major food companies for ignoring seasonal produce.

Speaking at an event to launch British Food Fortnight, the duchess said jokes about British food being "dull, turgid and over-boiled" were "utter rubbish".

BBC News - Duchess of Cornwall champions British produce

The Duchess of Cornwall has championed "woefully under-rated" British produce and criticised major food companies for ignoring seasonal produce.

Speaking at an event to launch British Food Fortnight, the duchess said jokes about British food being "dull, turgid and over-boiled" were "utter rubbish".

We done, girl - standing up for fresh British produce!

Actually I don't think it's the produce that's to blame for misconceptions, but the cooks and the way they treat the produce. When I was a child my mother practised the inherited (from England) tendency to boil the life out of vegetables, then in the early 1970s she learnt about stir-frying and steaming rather than boiling. It made a big difference. I even began to like cabbage.

But good for Camilla for speaking out about it. Wherever you live, fruit and vegetables that are fresh in season are at their best, and seasonal variety makes meals more interesting.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, hosted a tea party for members of
the Orange Prize Youth Panel at Clarence House on April 29,
2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

One's getting on a bit, dear: while the Queen and Prince Philip appear as sprightly as ever, the same can't be said of Charles and Camilla | Mail Online

Two royal women, two very different stories. The Queen, clad in a youthful blue appliquéd coat with hat to match, went walkabout in Welshpool, Powys, last week, dazzling the crowds with her engaging smile, reinvigorated in her 85th year by the warmth of welcome she received.

The Duchess of Cornwall, with a rueful smile on her face, was pushed in a wheelchair by her husband Prince Charles to a production of Aida at the Royal Opera House in London.

Blink, and you might think that the generations had been reversed.

:previous: A good-looking man at any age, is Prince Philip. His firstborn hadn't quite the same genes or personality. It must have been a slow news day and the writers were rather bored -- the article was the usual silly drivel I have come to expect from that newspaper.

I do hope that Camilla recovers soon. Had she hidden herself away and not tried to fulfill her duties, I can imagine the kind of criticism she would have faced. Damned if she does, and damned if she doesn't.

Its good that Camilla is not letting her injury stop her from doing her duty. Well done, and hope she gets better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good that Camilla is not letting her injury stop her from doing her duty. Well done, and hope she gets better soon.

Camilla has always come across to me as one that could take anything life hands her in stride and not blink an eye. If she was placed in another era she'd be way out of vogue as she'd never need those smelling salts.

In this respect she kind of reminds me of QEQM.. Very stoic and comfortable in her own skin. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom