The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #561  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
___________________


The Duchess of Cornwall has opened the new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Royal
United Hospital Bath NHS Trust in Bath yesterday, February 23, 2012.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery **


** thisisbath.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall opens new RUH baby unit **
The pictures two and three are too sweet for words .
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #562  
Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
martina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Praha, Czech Republic
Posts: 255
thank you iceflower! I adore Duchess of Cornwall and pics two and three are absolutely beautiful.
__________________

  #563  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 35,937



My thought as well, that's why I've chosen them! You are most welcome


Today, February 28, the Duchess of Cornwall has given a reception for representatives
of the Southbank Centre's Women of the World Festival at Clarence House.


** Pic **


** fashion.telegraph.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall dons mail-order dress **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #564  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,808
I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #565  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.
That's a very good description of Camila. I think that's one of the reasons someone felt comfortable enough to put his/her hand on the Duchess's shoulder. I love how she makes people feel at ease.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #566  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
Camilla, the copy-Kate: Duchess of Cornwall wears £129 mail order dress to Clarence House reception

The title of the article is just stupid; was there really a need for that copy-Kate title? Camilla looks wonderful though.
I like Camilla's work ethics; she just quietly goes on with her work with grace and no fuss.
  #567  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
From The British Monarchy facebook page:

The Duchess of Cornwall will be speaking at the Biggest Book Show on Earth as part of World Book Day tomorrow. You can sign up to watch the event as it happens here: World Book Day | Webcasts

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures/videos from this event. I love reading, and so happy to see that Her Highness does too (and takes time to promote it).
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #568  
Old 03-02-2012, 02:09 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 35,937



The Duchess of Cornwall as special guest attended "The Biggest Book Show on Earth" to mark World
Book Day and met children and authors taking part in the event in London on March 1, 2012.



** Pic ** PA: Begin a new chapter urges Camilla **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #569  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.


Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #570  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.


Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.
Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #571  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,808
Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #572  
Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.
  #573  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,203
So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!
  #574  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....
I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that (especially because I share a lot of those passions myself, especially when it comes to working with children, reading, arts and history). Camila is rising in my book every day. She's another wonderful asset to the Windsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!
Spoken like a true bibliophile . Now, if we could get children interested in reading....I think I know whom I'll need to invite to my classroom on the World Book Day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.
I agree with you. I also loved reading that Camila had such fond memories of reading with her father. I loved listening to books when I was little and couldn't read, and I'm so grateful for having family who shared my passion, and encouraged me to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!
Indeed they are. So many kids prefer video games, and with all the e-readers out there, having an actual copy of the book is becoming more and more obsolete. I'm happy to see that reading is being promoted.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #575  
Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 35,937
__________________


The Duchess of Cornwall has watched a performance of Les Miserables performed by the opera group
and prison inmates at HMP Erlestoke prison near Devizes, Wiltshire, on March 2, 2012.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **


** thisisguernsey.com: Camilla watches Les Mis from jail **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #576  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #577  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:51 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that








Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #578  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.
A drama group for people in prison? How awesome is that?
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
  #579  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche.
  #580  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....
Oh, now we're talking ! Royal watching would get a lot more exciting, and that's saying something, since I love to keep up with the Windsors (and some others from the Continent too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche.
I couldn't agree more here. You summed it up delightfully .
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 25: September 2008-August 2010 Warren Current Events Archive 522 08-21-2010 02:53 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 02-08-2006 04:05 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 181 01-07-2006 12:23 PM




Popular Tags
albania belgian state visit to japan best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday carl gustaf catherine middleton style crown princess mary crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit eveningwear crown princess victoria daytime fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch state visit earl of snowdon fashion poll fashion poll december iceland jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander monarchy nobel 2016 noice november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 prince charles prince harken in canada princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofias hats queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gala dresses queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania eveningwear queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 state visit state visit from argentina successes succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats united kingdom visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises