The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall has opened the new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Royal
United Hospital Bath NHS Trust in Bath yesterday, February 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery **

** thisisbath.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall opens new RUH baby unit **
The pictures two and three are too sweet for words .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Nobility

thank you iceflower! I adore Duchess of Cornwall and pics two and three are absolutely beautiful.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Administrator

My thought as well, that's why I've chosen them! You are most welcome

Today, February 28, the Duchess of Cornwall has given a reception for representatives
of the Southbank Centre's Women of the World Festival at Clarence House.

** Pic **

** fashion.telegraph.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall dons mail-order dress **
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I always thought it was a faux paus to touch royalty, but obviously Camilla doesn't have any objections about the woman putting her hand on her shoulder (or if she did, she went along gracefully with it). A very down-to-earth lady who gives good reason for such positive reception by the public.
That's a very good description of Camila. I think that's one of the reasons someone felt comfortable enough to put his/her hand on the Duchess's shoulder. I love how she makes people feel at ease.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Camilla, the copy-Kate: Duchess of Cornwall wears £129 mail order dress to Clarence House reception

The title of the article is just stupid; was there really a need for that copy-Kate title? Camilla looks wonderful though.
I like Camilla's work ethics; she just quietly goes on with her work with grace and no fuss.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Majesty

From The British Monarchy facebook page:

The Duchess of Cornwall will be speaking at the Biggest Book Show on Earth as part of World Book Day tomorrow. You can sign up to watch the event as it happens here: World Book Day | Webcasts

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures/videos from this event. I love reading, and so happy to see that Her Highness does too (and takes time to promote it).

Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as special guest attended "The Biggest Book Show on Earth" to mark World
Book Day and met children and authors taking part in the event in London on March 1, 2012.

** Pic ** PA: Begin a new chapter urges Camilla **
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.

Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Courtesy of 'MAJESTY' magazine's facebook page:

A speech The Duchess of Cornwall in celebration of World Book Day, at the Southbank Centre, London, 1 MARCH 2012

It has been a real treat for me to be here with you all today – and what makes it even more of a treat is to know that there are so many of you watching from around the world, taking part with us in this celebration of World Book Day, so that we can all enjoy the many wonderful authors and illustrators bringing their books to life.
I believe passionately in encouraging a love of reading in young people of all ages. Because reading is exciting. Reading is fun. Reading is cool. There is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a book and being drawn into another world to meet new people and to discover their stories - it’s like making new friends.
I was lucky enough to have a father who loved reading to us when we were young as I have loved reading to my children – and now to my grandchildren. The power of a gripping story and intriguing characters is immense: it transports us into different and sometimes strange worlds, and helps us to understand why people behave as they do. It is a true voyage of discovery that broadens and stimulates our minds.
When I was a child, every new book was a promise of something – mysterious – exciting - funny or sad... and that feeling has never left me. World Book Day offers millions of children that promise, with a book token that can open the door into an amazing new world.
I know there will be some who are less keen on reading than others. They may be more interested in sport or listening to music. There’ll be others who are good at maths or science and may say they don’t have time to read. I beg you to find time. No matter what your talents and interests, I promise you reading is a wonderful pleasure that I know will never leave you.
I am really delighted that World Book Day generates so much excitement and enthusiasm. It reminds us all how brilliant reading is and I hope that it may be the beginning of a life-long love of books for all of you.

Very well said, in my opinion. Books are a treasure, and allow us to see places that we may not be able to see for one reason or another. I've been a bookworm my entire life, and cannot imagine not having a chance to read. I'm so glad there's a person out there, with a big profile, that feels the same way.
Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....
Old 03-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love the speech! She hit the nail on the head! Way to go, Camilla!
BTW Daria, I know, another person out there who feels the same about books....
I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that (especially because I share a lot of those passions myself, especially when it comes to working with children, reading, arts and history). Camila is rising in my book every day. She's another wonderful asset to the Windsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Anyone who supports an event that advocates a love of reading and books certainly receives high marks in my own book!
Spoken like a true bibliophile . Now, if we could get children interested in reading....I think I know whom I'll need to invite to my classroom on the World Book Day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I couldn't agree more with Camilla and the rest of you!
Books are like gateways to another, magical world where only your imagination is the limit. Nothing could ever replace them.
I agree with you. I also loved reading that Camila had such fond memories of reading with her father. I loved listening to books when I was little and couldn't read, and I'm so grateful for having family who shared my passion, and encouraged me to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
So agree. With books becoming extinct it seems I take my hat off to Camilla. Books are becoming an endangered species. Cheers to Camilla!!
Indeed they are. So many kids prefer video games, and with all the e-readers out there, having an actual copy of the book is becoming more and more obsolete. I'm happy to see that reading is being promoted.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has watched a performance of Les Miserables performed by the opera group
and prison inmates at HMP Erlestoke prison near Devizes, Wiltshire, on March 2, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** thisisguernsey.com: Camilla watches Les Mis from jail **
Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Majesty

I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think I know whom you're referring to. Goodness, Robert Hardy could just sign himself up to work the engagements along with Camila, and some other members of the BRF. They appear to share the same passions, and I love seeing that

Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....
Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I adore 'Les Miserables' (and all other works of Boublil and Schonberg, minus 'Miss Saigon'), and I'm glad Her Highness got to see it too. The story has a wonderful and touching message.
A drama group for people in prison? How awesome is that?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Let's see here-
Horses with H.M.
- Crossbows with the POW and Harry
-Reading with Camilla
- Disabled/ Sick Children with, William, Catherine, and Sophie.
I can see that.....
Oh, now we're talking ! Royal watching would get a lot more exciting, and that's saying something, since I love to keep up with the Windsors (and some others from the Continent too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
You have to admit, Camilla has become a real asset for the Royal Family. Quietly, unassumingly, with dedication and charm, the Duchess found her niche.
I couldn't agree more here. You summed it up delightfully .

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall