The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Majesty

She looks fabulous and has one heck of a schedule.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess a few days ago :

Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

A tatoo problem for the Duchess

Camilla Parker Bowles' Henna tattoo given to her on Tanzania trip 'won't come off' | Mail Online
Old 11-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
** Pic 2 **
Can anyone identify the tartan? Looks something like "Pride of Scotland" but my old eyes can't tell for sure.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Can anyone identify the tartan? Looks something like "Pride of Scotland" but my old eyes can't tell for sure.
Kitty, I think you have just introduced me to a new hobby! I'm not a Scot, don't look good in plaids, and know only the Black Watch by sight, but I'm hooked. This site, in addition to showing a lot of different patterns, also has a little key to help identify the tartan:
House of Tartan: Search by Colour

I think you have to email them the code for the colors, but my computer and my eyes are a little wonky this evening, but tomorrow by daylight I may
tackle it anew. Camilla's suit is pretty; I like the little covered buttons.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has opened the new Shulman Auditorium at The Queen’s College and met faculty,
students and supporters of the College (including Rowan Atkinson) in Oxford on November 17, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages/zimbio: Duchess Of Cornwall Opens Shulman Auditorium At Queen's College **

** zimbio 2: Camilla Visits Queens College **
Old 11-19-2011, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, November 18, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken the salute at the Junior
Non-Commissioned Officer Pass Off parade at the Ward Barracks, Bulford, Wiltshire.
She also opened the new Sergeants' Mess and met soldiers and their families at a
reception.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio gallery: Camilla visits soldiers **

** PA: Camilla hails 'future army leaders' **
Old 11-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Aristocracy

Camillas style is flawless!

And there is more, she always seems so approachable, good natured and laid back. I cannot imagine anyone feeling uneasy around her.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
Camillas style is flawless!

And there is more, she always seems so approachable, good natured and laid back. I cannot imagine anyone feeling uneasy around her.
She really does look like she'd be lovely to hang out with and she just looks so natural and comfortable with herself. I especially loved seeing her event earlier this week with the riding center... I'm a horsey girl, and I bet she'd be amazing to go horseback riding with :)
Old 11-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks like she'd be great chatting you up with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying a good story or two. I don't think anyone could feel self-conscious around Camilla, and if so, she'd be the first to put you at your ease. As it is, I love that third picture where she's tapping the cap of the little girl who has such an adorable expression on her face.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

I like that first picture of her in the full skirt and tall boots. She looks like the Camilla of her youth, when she first knew Charles.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Supposed rapprochement btw Charles and Andrew thanks to Camilla :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rincesses.html
Old 11-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Yesterday, November 18, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken the salute at the Junior
Non-Commissioned Officer Pass Off parade at the Ward Barracks, Bulford, Wiltshire.
Camila looks fabulous. Her outfit is spot on. I love her smile in the fourth picture, and the interactions with kids in pictures two and three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
She looks like she'd be great chatting you up with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying a good story or two. I don't think anyone could feel self-conscious around Camilla, and if so, she'd be the first to put you at your ease. As it is, I love that third picture where she's tapping the cap of the little girl who has such an adorable expression on her face.
Oh, I completely agree with you. I think she would be very easy to talk to, and if she sensed that you were not comfortable, she'd be the one to probably crack a joke, to break the ice a bit. I love meeting those types of people, because my shyness usually lands me into the feelings of awkwardness when meeting people for the first time.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

I can't help but think of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother when reading this. As you might remember, King George VI was very shy (and his stuttering didn't really help either!). The queen on the other hand, was more outgoing and more personable, and some have said without her, the King's reign might have not gone as well as it did. Maybe it's a bit of stretch, but it seems like PoW is similar to King George VI in that he doesn't appear to appeal to people very well, and Camilla is the more outgoing. It's only a very rough analogy and shouldn't be taken too far, but that's just my very general impression....
Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Majesty

I can see the general similarities here. What I did observe though, is that the Prince of Wales is a lot more comfortable in public when in the company of his wife. She may be able to give him that little bit of encouragement by simply being there.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I can't help but think of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother...
Actually I think it is a very good analogy. I've read many many times where Charles has always been on the shy, introverted side for most of his life and Camilla has one of those personalities that just instantly draws a person out. This could very well be the reason that Charles was attracted to her in the first place. They work so well together because they balance each other out.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a rough analogy at all, but a good one. Charles and Camilla enjoy a great balance in their marriage where each supplies what the other may lack, and you can see how much the PoW has relaxed and shows more warmth since his marriage to Camilla.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I can see the general similarities here. What I did observe though, is that the Prince of Wales is a lot more comfortable in public when in the company of his wife. She may be able to give him that little bit of encouragement by simply being there.
Yes, I've noticed over the last 10 years or so that the PoW seems to be more comfortable and relaxed out in public. Why he even went and held up Camilla's granddaughter on the Buckingham Palace's balcony at the royal wedding last spring--not something I'd have expected to see him doing that!

So Camilla has been good for him, I'd say.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic with CAMILLA's actual events.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall today, November 25, has made a visit to the set of "Strictly
Come Dancing" at the BBC Television Centre.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** telegraph.co.uk: Royal Strictly Come Dancing fan Camilla drops in on rehearsals **

** dailymail: Strictly Cam Dancing: Duchess of Cornwall visits set of hit BBC show... **

** BBC: The Duchess Of Cornwall visits Strictly Come Dancing **

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall