The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
Finally new clothes! yay!
Actually this suit has been used in the past, including the famous lunch at the Berkeley hotel with Catherine and others before the wedding.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Courtier

It is so nice to see her looking smart and simple in a lovely and elegant navy tarton outfit. Much, much better than some of the "over the top" oufits she usually wears. I do love the simple pearl earrings as opposed to the chunky "bling" that she sometimes comes up with. This is definitely a far better look for Camilla and I am sure her visit to the dog training centre was very much appreciated.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
It is so nice to see her looking smart and simple in a lovely and elegant navy tarton outfit. Much, much better than some of the "over the top" oufits she usually wears. I do love the simple pearl earrings as opposed to the chunky "bling" that she sometimes comes up with. This is definitely a far better look for Camilla and I am sure her visit to the dog training centre was very much appreciated.
The pearl drop earrings that Camilla wore for her trip to Essex are the ones she usually wears. Not sure what "chanky bling" you are referring to - are you able to elucidate?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Actually this suit has been used in the past, including the famous lunch at the Berkeley hotel with Catherine and others before the wedding.
Oh was it? I thought it was a very similar outfit, but not the same.

edit: I just looked it up, and it really is just similar :) see, the colors aren't quite the same and the skirt is completely different
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
Oh was it? I thought it was a very similar outfit, but not the same.

edit: I just looked it up, and it really is just similar :) see, the colors aren't quite the same and the skirt is completely different
You are probably right, well spotted.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Majesty

What a thoughtful gesture.

Royal wedding cake from Prince William and Kate with a note from the Duchess of Cornwall delights Norfolk fan - News - Eastern Daily Press

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Gentry

That is so sweet of her!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Indeed. I thought that quite nice of the DoC.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Commoner

Aww, she is such a lovely person :)
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

As the Brits say: Jolly well done, Camilla!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
As the Brits say: Jolly well done, Camilla!
Well done indeed. Again, it's the little things that make the biggest difference. This lady was probably over the moon to receive such a package and to know that someone in such a high position took the time to do this.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Again, it's the little things that make the biggest difference.
Indeed -- "Do the little things" is a saying among the Welsh (attributed to their patron, St. David).
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has met children, families and staff at the Bessborough Centre and unveilled
a plaque to commemorate the opening of the new building, Bessborough Place, Westminster, London,
today, October 26.

Camilla with kids - always great to see!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

** Duchess opens revamped Pimlico centre **
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Such rich colors on the Duchess. Lovely to see! Thanks Ice!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall has met children, families and staff at the Bessborough Centre and unveilled
a plaque to commemorate the opening of the new building, Bessborough Place, Westminster, London,
today, October 26.

Just flat out adorable!
Love that outfit.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

today, October 26.

I really do love seeing grown ups getting down to the children's level and having fun. It's hard to tell who's enjoying themselves more; the children or the Duchess.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Majesty

A busy day for Camilla as she attended her third engagement of the day. She attended a reception for the Lady Joseph Trust at the Cavalry and Guards Club in London yesterday.

gallery
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Commoner

Love the outfits from yesterday, especially the first, colorful one (the scarf is fantastic)! Camilla looks good in these colors.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

I read in the Catherine Cambridge fashion thread, that Catherine attended yesterday a reception for a charity at Clarence House. Was Camilla there, too? Any pics?

I just found out that as Camilla was not at home, Catherine stepped in for the PoW who had to go to Saudi Arabia on short notice. Goes to show how accepted Catherine is at Clarence House: the first time she is the hostess there.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I read in the Catherine Cambridge fashion thread, that Catherine attended yesterday a reception for a charity at Clarence House. Was Camilla there, too? Any pics?

I just found out that as Camilla was not at home, Catherine stepped in for the PoW who had to go to Saudi Arabia on short notice. Goes to show how accepted Catherine is at Clarence House: the first time she is the hostess there.
Camilla herself was at another reception last night, her third engagement of the day. I posted details of the engagement and pictures from it on post 497 above.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall