The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Could you please elaborate ?
Perhaps Renata is referring to all the money Charles spent on Camilla to get her hair done, teeth worked on, clothing etc. when they were propping her up for public acceptance and duty when she first graced his arm before they married.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

I think Charles's money was well spent - although I still find it hard to think of Camilla as an *attractive* older woman. Well put together and not ugly, but average, in my view, in terms of looks (especially given what she spends on clothes and what-not).

It's very difficult to be Queenly when the current Queen has the job down, from birth, to a T and is just amazing to watch - Camilla is not as attractive, imo, as Queen Elizabeth II or her late sister or her mother. But the important thing is the queenliness (to me) and I have no idea how one acquires that, it's no easy thing to learn, I would think.

It may be something some people are born with.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has attended The Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts DesignQuest
Project Finale, met supporters of the charity at a reception and viewed a fashion show of young
people's designs, Banqueting House, London, July 20, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **
Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Courtier

The Royal Correspondent | Daily news and gossip from the world of European royalty.

NEW DOCUMENTARY DUCHESS OF CORNWALL
Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Royal Highness

Well it's more a story about Alice Keppel...

I'm still waiting for a REAL and SERIOUS program about the DOC and her work and above all an INTERVIEW of her.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Well it's more a story about Alice Keppel...

I'm still waiting for a REAL and SERIOUS program about the DOC and her work and above all an INTERVIEW of her.

I don't think she will ever give an interview.

She hasn't so far so why would she do so now? If she did you get bet your bottom dollar that all that would be allowed would be questions relating to her life since joining the royal family and nothing about events pre-2005.

As she knows that isn't what people want to hear and she has kept her mouth shut so far I can't envision any reason for her to change from the example of the Queen - no interviews.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall has attended The Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts DesignQuest
Project Finale, met supporters of the charity at a reception and viewed a fashion show of young
people's designs, Banqueting House, London, July 20, 2011.

** ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** **
Pic 2- I like how the DOC stands out from the rest in this pic. I like how the light makes the fabric of her dress shine. I love her smile.
Pic 3- She is probably thinking, " Oh God, what an atrocious headpiece." That and " How long has it been since you washed, brushed, or cut your hair?"
I feel really werid for asking this, but seriously, is that a man or a woman underneath all the feathers that look like roadkill, and that mop of hair? And why would you attach feathers and hair to your cane? Ah, it takes all kinds to make a world...
Old 07-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Pic 2- I like how the DOC stands out from the rest in this pic. I like how the light makes the fabric of her dress shine. I love her smile.
Pic 3- She is probably thinking, " Oh God, what an atrocious headpiece." That and " How long has it been since you washed, brushed, or cut your hair?"
I feel really werid for asking this, but seriously, is that a man or a woman underneath all the feathers that look like roadkill, and that mop of hair? And why would you attach feathers and hair to your cane? Ah, it takes all kinds to make a world...
Good analysis of the third picture. Good grief! What an ensemble.

I like the Duchess's dress. Very elegant and comfortable.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

Video of this event :

Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Poor Camilla,
Duchess of Cornwall's bee venom 'botox' face mask creates £100m buzz in China | Mail Online
Old 08-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Royal Highness

Cams in great shape this summer :

Last leg of your trip, Camilla? Duchess meets mountain climbing team scaling all Scotland's biggest peaks in 49 day challenge | Mail Online
Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Majesty

Great article! She looks to be in good shape, and most likely enjoys some exercising. Goodness, it appears that it's nice and chilly in Scotland. Some of that chill would be very appreciated in NYC, where it's really hot at this point.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Camilla sent a birthday card to an elderly woman she met on a recent engagement:

KINGSBRIDGE TODAY | NEWS | Camilla sends birthday wishes | 2011
Old 08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

The aaaawww story of the day (and yes, it's from the Daily mail):

Balmoral bound, the unloved rescue centre pup that won Camilla's heart | Mail Online
Old 08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

I agree. AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico

Balmoral bound, the unloved rescue centre pup that won Camilla's heart | Mail Online
I love the fact Camilla cares about rescue pets.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It's a dog's life!
I agree with you, KP Willie!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:

That's very sweet. It's great to see animals get adopted and loved.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
That's very sweet. It's great to see animals get adopted and loved.
So heartwarming! That is one lucky little dog for sure!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla can't resist showing off grandkids - Female First

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall